Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    So you just want to be the contrary opinion?

Trump tweeted on May 12, in response to a New York Times report about Comey's dinner with Trump, that Comey "better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are 'tapes' or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings," Trump tweeted.

If your goal is to change the minds of the conservative collectorate, you will need to be on point with facts. No objective person will come to your conclusion.

"he just admitted he lied about the tapes"
    Even though I am not a Trump fan, his statement about the tapes never bothered me. Did you ever believe he had tapes. I laughed at what he said because I always thought it looked like he was playing games with the media and Comey. But I'm not a fan of Comey and the intelligence people either. They tend to think, it seems to me, that they run the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
      Lol are you serious? Any sane person would say that trump insinuated he taped comey.
      I'm dead serious! A lie would be, I have tapes. I don't have tapes. Insinuating that there might be tapes serves to give the adversary pause and to reflect on what was truly said. I could go with a mistruth if Trump had said, "he better hope I don't have tapes." Trump is still clearly insinuating that tapes could exist while stating he doesn't have them. This is very basic fact and the failure to recognize it is the very reason that people like Trump talk about alternative facts.

A post-modernist liberal will tell you that all interpretations of facts have merit based on the subjectivity of the perceiver. Therefore there is no universal truth, only the implied motive of the subject. If a post-modernist liberal disagrees with the subject based on implied motive, then the truth is that all that a subject does is inherently bad.

Classical liberal conservatives reject this viewpoint. They believe there is an underlying and universal truth. The subject reflects that truth to some degree; either espousing it, denying it, or some variation in between.

Since your goal is to break up the exho chamber, you need to either demonstrate that there is no universal truth, thereby perceived motive is the grounds on which to bash Trump (good luck with that), or embrace the universal truths and demonstrate how Trump undermines it (not hard with this guy).

As an example of how not to argue this: Teump said he had a UGE crowd at his inauguration and it was the largest in the history of the world. Obviously that wasn't true, but all he did was embellish the size of a relatively large crowd. There's a bit of truth in it, but really; not true. So What! It doesn't undermine the universal truth that conservatives hold dear, which is that the protection of the individuals rights is the number one priority of the government. Demonstrating that Trump rejects conservatism is the way to demonstrate to conservatives why he shouldn't be president.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• This healthcare bill is a pile of dogshit and I hope it doesnt pass. If what I hear is correct, it does not abolish the mandates on what insurers have to cover, which is a big factor on the cost increases.

I dont understand why you would eliminate the mandate that everyone must buy a policy, but not free up the types of policies people can buy.

Cruz and Paul need to stand firm.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Just lol. Our president shouldn't insinuate anything that isn't true. The dude lies over 68 percent of the time. That isn't an attack on truth. Y'all are hopeless.
          My health insurance premiums did not go down 2500, when Obama insinuated they would. Is he a liar?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            ...if you can pull it off, it's called gamesmanship.
            No. Do not celebrate this, do not congratulate Trump for this. This is at the core of him being a despicable human being. He's a bully. If he can screw you and get away with it, he will (and by his own bragging, this is true even literally).

He signaled many, many times that he supports abuses of power. Not paying contractors, frivolous lawsuits, walking in on teens changing, raping his wife over a botched surgery, bragging over not paying taxes, bragging that women let him do whatever he wanted, etc.

We should never reward or praise him for this.
            Last edited by CBB_Fan; June 23, 2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Just lol. Our president shouldn't insinuate anything that isn't true. The dude lies over 68 percent of the time. That isn't an attack on truth. Y'all are hopeless.
              You totally missed it. If I or anyone else is hopeless, then you've lost the argument. You are unable to reach the conservatives with your beliefs and you should move on to something else that might be worthwhile to pursue. If your motives are pure, and your cause is noble, then read what I wrote and formulate a reasonable argument that is worthwhile.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• 2 things can be true at once.

We have a lying, cheating dispicable dirtbag in the white house.

And he is still optimal over Hillary Clinton.

I would prefer a known quantity in that position that everyone is watching. Its better to have the press give him no passes and **** about everything, than covering up all faults and giving media fellacio to.

Comment

It's 91% of the time.

Livin the dream

Comment

Yes but the overall percentage of him or any politician lying is much lower than trumps percentage.
                    Buuuuullshit

Comment

My arguments are worthwhile, not my fault that people don't think critically. Again, you are stuck on me instead of the actual issue.
                      You don't think I think critically? That's why I don't get your argument?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Listening to Free Bird. I feel better.

Comment

Not only this but they are decreasing medicaid funding. What people dont understand is a ton of practices see a great deal of patients from medicaid. You take funding away, you are hurtjng the people who need healthcare AND the businesses that serve those people which a much bigger impact on the economy
                          You think medicaide pays health practitioners well? They HAVE to take on these patients in order to get additional funding. It is LITTERALLY a government pay out and not a profitable business venture.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• This is an oldy but very relevant.

"How do we know that Trump is lying? His lips are moving."
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• When is your next session?

Comment

Last edited by Kung Wu; June 26, 2017, 03:24 PM.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X