Benghazi Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benghazi Hearing

I dropped in on the live stream a few times yesterday. It appeared the Republicans are only making some of their base pleased. Clinton, as in the debate, was very much in control. Noting note worthy came out of yesterday other than most will believe the Republicans have wasted time and millions of dollars on a political witch hunt. There's more today right? 10 hours yesterday! IMO they are helping her become President LOL.
    In the fast lane

It's sad when the ability to lie and perjure yourself in a professional and, seemingly, Presidential manner is seen as a quality admired by a plurality of voters.

I suppose she did look Presidential yesterday. She was in control, spun the truth, deflected criticism, looked for sympathy, played the persecuted card and lied. Sounds about right for the President.

That being said, the GOP has been losing this battle (the spin battle) for a very long time, and nothing changed yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Noting note worthy came out of yesterday other than most will believe the Republicans have wasted time and millions of dollars on a political witch hunt.
      Well, you've got the talking points down.

I wonder if any Republicans will bring this up: http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-ha...azi-committee/
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

The attack on the temporary U.S. mission and a nearby CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya, during the early morning hours of Sept. 11, 2012, has…
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

So is Pompeo really that stupid, or did he just have a bad day? He really looked like he missed the train during the hearing. I can't believe he's the best conservative available.

Note that I'm open to the notion she lied, it's just that the republicans collectively looked like Barney Fife and lost the 'war of optics' yesterday.

Comment

Maybe if the republicans spent less time fighting and more time in a United effort dedicated to a thought-out strategy the result might have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              Well, you've got the talking points down.

I wonder if any Republicans will bring this up: http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-ha...azi-committee/
              This is just pissing up the wall. "I can pee higher than you can."

How about some REAL thought leadership?

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                This is just pissing up the wall. "I can pee higher than you can."

How about some REAL thought leadership?
                Here's some thought leadership: The Democrat party has no alternative to Hillary Clinton. She has a monopoly on Democrat national leadership, sink or swim. The hope of the Progressive movement in America resides in the embodiment of what is wrong with establishment politics in Washington.

How do you like your chances?

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Welcome to strawman central and deflection University. Americans died on her watch. It's legitimate to investigate. You know damned good and well you'd be frothing at the mouth were the exact same set of circumstances repeated with a Republican in charge instead of a Lib.

NOT that I am defending the actions based on "well, they'd do it too.". There are legitimate concerns and I'd hope Republicans would investigate their own if a similar thing happened and it would be wrong if they didn't.
                  Last edited by WuDrWu; October 23, 2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I think all is happening is conservatives are having their suspicions confirmed, while liberals are seeing what they want to see, and the end result is neither side is gaining or losing traction. She isn't winning over anybody but the libs that the Democrats already have and the conservatives aren't winning over anybody other than the conservatives that they already have.

Ultimately this is a net zero for everybody.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Kung Wu, I don't completely disagree, but I do worry (as someone who can't stand Hillary) that many of the "undecided, independent, could go either way" types will see all this and more often than not side with Hillary. I think people who don't really care either way are more likely to say, "well, that was a waste of time" and blame the Republicans for putting on a show. It is the reality you face when making a big accusation. If you don't make a strong case, people who claim to be neutral on the issue get a negative feeling about you "crying wolf", so to speak.

Comment

They caught her in several outright lies, but nobody seems to care. She will still be nominated, even if she is indicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I think all is happening is conservatives are having their suspicions confirmed, while liberals are seeing what they want to see, and the end result is neither side is gaining or losing traction. She isn't winning over anybody but the libs that the Democrats already have and the conservatives aren't winning over anybody other than the conservatives that they already have.

Ultimately this is a net zero for everybody.
                          I can't agree with that. There are those who are solidly in one camp or the other. Those people wouldn't be swayed by anything. There are some who lean one way or another. There are some voters who are truly undecided.

I think the Repubs lost ground with those who are leaning and those who are undecided. Clinton was basically given 11 hours of air time at a cost of nearly $5 mill paid for by the government.

The American public has been lied to by politicians so often, so frequently, and for such a long time that nobody really cares if a politician lies. That's normal.

To me, it looked more like the Committee was trying to get her to say something that could be used against her rather than actually trying to investigate how 4 lives were lost. I might point out that I am not a fan of Hillary. Not at all.

For a public now accustomed to political debates and naming winners and losers, Hillary won the debate that was framed as an investigation.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I don't see how. I suppose the press might frame it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Welcome to strawman central and deflection University. Americans died on her watch. It's legitimate to investigate. You know damned good and well you'd be frothing at the mouth were the exact same set of circumstances repeated with a Republican in charge instead of a Lib.

NOT that I am defending the actions based on "well, they'd do it too.". There are legitimate concerns and I'd hope Republicans would investigate their own if a similar thing happened and it would be wrong if they didn't.
                              Actually no I wouldnt, per reasons outlined by foreign policy experts in the article. Hell watergate only had 2 congressional hearings and Iran Countra I believe only 1. As I said from the beginning foreign service can be dangerous, it goes with the job.
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X