Wichita Eagle Opinion Line Gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Eagle Opinion Line Gems

If you don’t have to give up your car because others drive their car while intoxicated then why do they want to confiscate your guns when others commit crimes with their guns

That may be the most rational thing ever posted on the Eagle's Opinion Line.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      If you don’t have to give up your car because others drive their car while intoxicated then why do they want to confiscate your guns when others commit crimes with their guns
      Except no one wants to conficate your guns.

Of course that's a general statement. There's always someone out there that wants to take something that you have.

Comment

My neighbor wants my guns confiscated. She is someone. She really hates the fact I own guns.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

My very favorite gun. My Thompson Center Venture in a 22-250. Zeiss optics 6.5-20x50 Conquest. I bought this a few years ago when I was introduced to prairie dog shooting. The scope cost almost 3x what the rifle did. The rifle itself is almost perfect and if you didnt know beforehand you would not believe it's a $400 gun. Prairie dog shooting has become a favorite pastime. You should try it!

Yeah, my neighbor also hates the fact that I vaporize prairie dogs with 55 grain Sierra Blitzking polymer tipped bullets.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            My very favorite gun. My Thompson Center Venture in a 22-250. Zeiss optics 6.5-20x50 Conquest. I bought this a few years ago when I was introduced to prairie dog shooting. The scope cost almost 3x what the rifle did. The rifle itself is almost perfect and if you didnt know beforehand you would not believe it's a $400 gun. Prairie dog shooting has become a favorite pastime. You should try it!

Yeah, my neighbor also hates the fact that I vaporize prairie dogs with 55 grain Sierra Blitzking polymer tipped bullets.
            These aren't popping up in the neighborhood are they?

I would love to go to Texas and hunt wild boar.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

Oklahoma has good pig hunting too and it's closer.
              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

No, we go up to South Dakota, northwest of Chamberlain. We just went on a quick one day shoot outside of North Platte. I've thought of the wild boar thing, but haven't done it. I do have the guns for it. As you can see, I made one of my gun safes my avatar. 13 guns in there including a 25-06, a 30-06 and a 30-30. I don't have optics for all, so I'd have to pick a gun, transfer the scope and sight it in. Sighting in takes a full day at the range so that wouldn't suck at all.

Yeah, these comments ARE intended to piss off the gun control Nancy's.

Comment

I apologize for the guns literally being stuffed in. The safe is a mess. I need to straighten up all of my cleaning equipment and get rid of a couple wall hangers in there. My other safe has my handguns, 20 gauges and 22's.

Yep, if I wanted, I could start a small war.

Comment

They taste like chicken!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I like things that go boom. Is it perverse that I miss the tingly sensation I used to get from a blast wave followed by the dust, the fine gritty dust in my teeth?

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

If you like guns, own guns or know anyone who has guns, go prairie dog shooting. The first time you see the red mist, you will be hooked!

Comment

Plus, you don't have to pretend that you like the taste of game. You shoot the bastards, they explode, you laugh and shoot another. There is no clean up, no tracking, no dressing and NO EATING! You kill the son of a bitches and you don't have to brine 'em or nothing!

Comment

If you like guns, own guns or know anyone who has guns, go prairie dog shooting. The first time you see the red mist, you will be hooked!
                            LMFAO

Instant classic.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My very favorite gun. My Thompson Center Venture in a 22-250. Zeiss optics 6.5-20x50 Conquest.
                              Oooh, I am a TC Contender and Encore guy myself. Leupold scope on one with iron sights on the other.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X