Gridlock in Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gridlock in Washington

and the President finds time to weigh in on NFL mascots.

You have to give it to this guy. He can multitask like no other.

"I'll talk to Syria, Iran and NFL owners, but by Allah, I'm not about to talk to those terrorists in the GOP!"

(I'll admit that might have been a bit offsides.)

Hail to the Douchebags!

Hail mediocrity.........

Hail to the Douchebags,

Fight, for old P.C.!

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

The gridlock is showing how stupid our government is. The park service put up cones to prevent people from viewing Mount Rushmore from a STATE highway!

Sioux Falls South Dakota News - argusleader.com is the home page of Sioux Falls South Dakota with in depth and updated Sioux Falls local news.

Comment

They also closed a living museum of some sort in Virginia that cost exactly zero dollars to run. They've tried to close certain parks in Wisconsin but Gov. Walker has instructed his people to keep parks open. The White House has tried to close lands that are mostly state funded, but feel if any fed dollars go to it they have the authority to close it. Kind of like the WWII memorial that is an open air monument that costs next to nothing, but they'll go and put fences and security around it to keep out a bunch of vets in wheelchairs. I did see where some congressmen at one point went down there and opened the monument up for them one day. And then there's the fact that they've shut down the Amber Alert website, but kept up Michelle Obama's pet project of a website that encourages more excercise or whatever. And then the threatening of military chaplins with arrest if they perform religious services.

This administration is doing to dumbest things to try and make a point and are looking like fools while doing it.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The attempted closing of the shared parking lot at Mt. Vernon may take the cake.

The latest estimates are that only 13% of the Federal government is shutdown....let's call it a Slimdown....one wonders if this Administration didn't waste so much time and effort on things that didn't even have to be manned in the first place, simply out of pettiness and an effort to score political points AT THE TAXPAYERS expense mind you, if it would even be 13%.

Comment

Don't forget to furlough your DoD civilian workforce, then after a week, recall them saying dumb me the Defense budget that was passed actually funded you guys. Oops.

Comment

And then there's this report of private businesses being shut down because they sit on federal land and even homeowners being forced to leave the houses they own because they're on federal lands. This continues to get more and more ridiculous, and no matter what Obama and his puppets want to say, you can't blame this insane crap on the right. This all comes from the direction of the White House and our incompetent leader.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This clearly shows how the Obama Administration views the people. We are nothing to him/them. Does any remember Clinton pulling this type of punitive, moronic crap? He or his advisers were either smarter or perhaps not as vengeful as the current WH posers.

Comment

I have learned some things in this ordeal:

1) So far I haven't been affected by this at all ... which means I don't rely on a VAST, VAST majority of federal "services". So .. why am I paying an exorbitant percent of my income to the federal government again?

2) The federal government, which is a massive concoction of worthless services that average Americans don't want the federal government involved in, has the ability and is now proving has the willingness to do harm to select groups of private citizens -- both intentionally and unintentionally.

3) Why does medicare.gov have a warning that it's being affected by the government shutdown at the top, but healthcare.gov doesn't? Don't want to tip off the users that in the future their health insurance services might be at risk in the event of a government shutdown, eh? Cherry pickers.

4) Who wants to make a bet if this were to drag into tax season only the blue states would be getting tax refunds on time?

Clearly Obama is playing a game and trying to prove one point: That the federal government is necessary. I think it's backfiring on him badly.

Instead of worrying about this "impasse" and trying to get the federal services up and running again, let's make this permanent!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I have learned some things in this ordeal:

1) So far I haven't been affected by this at all ... which means I don't rely on a VAST, VAST majority of federal "services". So .. why am I paying an exorbitant percent of my income to the federal government again?

2) The federal government, which is a massive concoction of worthless services that average Americans don't want the federal government involved in, has the ability and is now proving has the willingness to do harm to select groups of private citizens -- both intentionally and unintentionally.

3) Why does medicare.gov have a warning that it's being affected by the government shutdown at the top, but healthcare.gov doesn't? Don't want to tip off the users that in the future their health insurance services might be at risk in the event of a government shutdown, eh? Cherry pickers.

4) Who wants to make a bet if this were to drag into tax season only the blue states would be getting tax refunds on time?

Clearly Obama is playing a game and trying to prove one point: That the federal government is necessary. I think it's backfiring on him badly.

Instead of worrying about this "impasse" and trying to get the federal services up and running again, let's make this permanent!
                      1)Neither have hardly anyone else outside the greater DC area. 87% of spending continues.

2)Totally agree.

3)Exactly

4)Not me

Well of course he is failing because he (or anyone else) can't prove that. Unfortunately, I don't think it's backfiring for several of the usual reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Unfortunately, I don't think it's backfiring for several of the usual reasons.
                        Probably right. But _at best_ he is pissing off people in his own base, when these games he is playing does affect them. Let's see what his popularity numbers look like over the next week.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

To be fair, I did read just a bit ago that the Amber Alert website is back up after a lot of backlash from the public.

That still doesn't change what's going on.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            This continues to get more and more ridiculous, and no matter what Obama and his puppets want to say, you can't blame this insane crap on the right. This all comes from the direction of the White House and our incompetent leader.
                            You get funnier each post. Send a clean bill through it ends today. The Dems arent holding it up. The majority of the people know it too. Pay our bills period.

http://www.voanews.com/content/polls-show-republicans-blamed-for-government-shutdown/1761103.html

http://www.ctj.org/taxjusticedigest/...p#.UlMLWBatiX0

It’s generally been recognized that it would be irrational for Congress to refuse to raise the debt ceiling when it is necessary to carry out legislation already enacted by the same Congress. Past votes against debt ceiling increases were considered “message” votes, cast when it was clear that the increase would pass both chambers and be signed by the President. (And contrary to claims of Congressional Republicans, most deficit-reduction bills are enacted
                            separately
                            from the debt ceiling increases.)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

They've sent a number of individual bills through that would fund gov't and Reid won't even let the Senate vote on it. Obama/Reid have refused to negotiate at all with Republicans either. Both sides suck in the grand scheme of things, but the left is causing this.

Congress really needs get back to funding different areas of gov't individually and not as one massive spending bill. That's what the House is doing now but ObamaReid won't have it. It's all or nothing for them and all in one bill. Lets be honest, there's no reason gov't should be run that way. Each area of gov't funding should be debated individually and should stand on it's own needs. That would help, to some degree, with a lot of the wasteful spending that goes on because they lump everything together and you have to fund all or nothing.

And Constitutionally speaking, the House controls spending and has every right to do it how they're doing it now. The President and Senate aren't to dictate to them how things are supposed to be. The gov't was created this way for a reason and gridlock isn't a bad thing. The House is doing what they need to be doing and many of those elected were elected to get spending under control.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X