Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington doesn't have a spending problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington doesn't have a spending problem...

...or so says one Nancy Pelosi
    "We have to recognize that, which cuts really help us and which cuts hurt our future? And cuts in education, scientific research and the rest are harmful, and they are what are affected by the sequestration," she said on "Fox News Sunday." "So, it is almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem. We have a budget deficit problem that we have to address."
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I watched that. Dunno what to think. Does she actually believe that?

Comment

That's the question. I'm pretty sure even most liberals will admit that there's a spending problem. We can debate how much in cuts or how much to raise taxes and what have you, but there is no doubt a spending problem. The fact that she's the Democrat leader in the House is what makes this so unbelievable. It's one thing if it's the loon Maxine Waters that says something like this. But when the head loon says it....
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        i'd highly recommend everyone listen to Dr. Carsons 30 minute speech at the prayer breakfast last week and i'd really
        love to see a lengthy debate between pelosi and carson or obama and carson.

Comment

Originally posted by garylee View Post
          i'd highly recommend everyone listen to Dr. Carsons 30 minute speech at the prayer breakfast last week and i'd really
          love to see a lengthy debate between pelosi and carson or obama and carson.
          I've heard brief mentions about it, but have yet to hear it. I'll have to look it up on YouTube or something after work.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm no fan of Boehner, but I do like the stance he's taking here
            Pressed on the negative impacts to the economy if these cuts happen, Boehner said, "I don't like the sequester. I don't want the sequester. But, this spending issue is the biggest issue that threatens our future. "

"When are we going to get serious about our long-term spending problem?" he asked. "When is the president going to propose something instead of the sequester? How about Senate Democrats?"

He conceded the economy may take a hit initially but added, "If the private sector were to see that we were serious about dealing with our spending problem in Washington, that might instill some confidence."

Obama has urged Congress to craft a short-term bridge bill to avert the cuts if lawmakers cannot come up with a long-term plan in the next few weeks. But asked Tuesday about Congress voting again to delay the date the sequester kicks in, Boehner said, "We're not moving it."

Boehner insisted that whatever package comes forward, it must not have new taxes in it.

"The president's gotten his revenue. Period," Boehner said, referring to tax rate hikes on top earners enacted in the fiscal crisis deal. Pressed again, Boehner repeated, "The president's gotten his revenue."
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It is all meaningless rhetoric. He showed his true colors with Ks representative Huelskamp. I have just as much contempt for Boehner as any other politician. He is just another gutless republican pretending to be a conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                It is all meaningless rhetoric. He showed his true colors with Ks representative Huelskamp. I have just as much contempt for Boehner as any other politician. He is just another gutless republican pretending to be a conservative.
                Which is why I'm no fan. I'm hopeful that he and the Republicans actually take a stand. Time will tell, as per usual.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Not surprising, remember the source. This is the same over aggresive viper tongued witch who held up the 1,000+ ObamaCare bill and told the congressmen that they could read the bill after they signed it.

Comment

The thing about conservatives, and all of Congress for that matter, is that they're all about spending cuts. But when Washington sends money to their districts, they're the first in line to cut the ribbon, instead of saying, "No thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      The thing about conservatives, and all of Congress for that matter, is that they're all about spending cuts. But when Washington sends money to their districts, they're the first in line to cut the ribbon, instead of saying, "No thank you."
                      that might actually mean those who you are painting the "conservative" label are not actually conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        that might actually mean those who you are painting the "conservative" label are not actually conservative.
                        That would include Paul Ryan, who was making back room deals trying to get stimulus money while speaking out against it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          That would include Paul Ryan, who was making back room deals trying to get stimulus money while speaking out against it.
                          like I said...

Comment

All politicians have agendas and they aren't for the better in most cases. They are two faced and will say what it takes to get to Washington then do whatever it is that they want to do.

Comment

average networth of the house of representatives it $666,000. 2/3 of the Senators are Millionaires. Average net worth in Senate is ~$14,000,000

Comment

Working...
                              X