Trump Has Been Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Of course not! Today is not going to be the day CB makes his first erroneous post!

"No idea what the context of the discussion is"
    Okay, still not sure what the context is, but just making sure you weren't implying that a .223/5.56 isn't powerful enough to do what the shooter was trying to do at 400+ yards. Because it absolutely is.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I already read your inane post. Too late.

The AR-15 isn't a "high powered rifle".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Okay, still not sure what the context is, but just making sure you weren't implying that a .223/5.56 isn't powerful enough to do what the shooter was trying to do at 400+ yards. Because it absolutely is.
        My fellow Marines, back when I was in, had to qualify with an M16 in the standing, kneeling at 300 yards. sitting and prone at 500 yards.
        After 2 weeks of rifle training we were expected to qualify as marksmen at a minimum. Going unqualified (unq) would keep you in boot camp or if already graduated boot camp, it would stop future promotions.
        Out of 50+ who went through that 2 week training, we had 1 guy who went unq and sent back to rifle training, which delayed his graduation from boot camp by at least 2 weeks. But at 150 yards, I would say that everyone would have been rifle experts.

Today I understand they do thing much different with moving and flashing targets at much lesser distances. But I think they still have testing at 500 and more. The best become rifle trainers and the best of those become snipers.

Comment

• One of my favorite clips from Full Metal Jacket.

Comment

• Classic movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

My fellow Marines, back when I was in, had to qualify with an M16 in the standing, kneeling at 300 yards. sitting and prone at 500 yards.
              After 2 weeks of rifle training we were expected to qualify as marksmen at a minimum. Going unqualified (unq) would keep you in boot camp or if already graduated boot camp, it would stop future promotions.
              Out of 50+ who went through that 2 week training, we had 1 guy who went unq and sent back to rifle training, which delayed his graduation from boot camp by at least 2 weeks. But at 150 yards, I would say that everyone would have been rifle experts.

Today I understand they do thing much different with moving and flashing targets at much lesser distances. But I think they still have testing at 500 and more. The best become rifle trainers and the best of those become snipers.
              The Marines are the only ones that go out to 500 yards. Human silhouette on 6x6 ft paper. At 500 yds the bullet will drop 4 ft, the energy at that range is comparable to a 22 WMR and is not recommended for hunting even small game (rabbits, prairie dogs, coyotes).

Comment

That's worded a little differently. Yes, 5.56 could crack a skull at 400+ yards, but it absolutely is not even close to a recommended caliber. It is rated for small game at 400 yds.

The SS use .300 caliber on up.

There's a reason the haters call it a "poodle shooter".

And again, the context of Atx's post was mud/dementia.

Comment

• Comment

• A rifle I own. ^^^

No need to waste a lot of breath trying to defend a cute "urban warfare" plinker when you can purchase the .338 Lapua Mag....

Hell, I even have an AK chambered in .308! A bunch of custom 20 rd mags to go along with it.

Makes the 5.56 seem like a scary-looking toy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Thx for your service!

Comment

Yes, 5.56 could crack a skull at 400+ yards, but it absolutely is not even close to a recommended caliber. It is rated for small game at 400 yds.
                        Agreed, it wouldn't be the weapon of choice at that distance by a long shot, and it would take lots of care to dial it in and lots of practice at that distance. But it could absolutely be done.

Comment

A rifle I own. ^^^

No need to waste a lot of breath trying to defend a cute "urban warfare" plinker when you can purchase the .338 Lapua Mag....

Hell, I even have an AK chambered in .308! A bunch of custom 20 rd mags to go along with it.

Makes the 5.56 seem like a scary-looking toy.
                          Be honest, what's the longest distance you have shot them?

Comment

• WSJ, breaking: “The gunman who tried to kill Donald Trump was able to fly a drone and get aerial footage of the western Pennsylvania fairgrounds shortly before the former president was set to speak there, law-enforcement officials briefed on the matter said, further underscoring the stunning security lapses ahead of Trump’s near assassination.”

Comment

Be honest, what's the longest distance you have shot them?
                              Zero distance lol. I would need to go up to Hutch to unleash that beast, and the last time I cared to do it, there was a waiting list.

I prefer to plink with the "souped up 22", otherwise known as.... THE AR-15. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_...h_Army_soldier)

.338 used to hold the world record until someone made a godly kill with the godliest of all chamberings... 50 BMG.

Craig Harrison's hit took 6 seconds to land. He actually took his second shot at another guy while his first bullet was still in flight. Crazy.

Listen how hard that's hitting at 1760 yards!

I have handloaded match grade ammo that's been waiting to fly for years now. I think it was like $7/rd back in the day. Maybe I'll let you shoot it and I'll stand back and watch. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                WSJ, breaking: “The gunman who tried to kill Donald Trump was able to fly a drone and get aerial footage of the western Pennsylvania fairgrounds shortly before the former president was set to speak there, law-enforcement officials briefed on the matter said, further underscoring the stunning security lapses ahead of Trump’s near assassination.”
                                If this was a movie script it would be rejected as too unbelievable. This smells dirty. Every single member of the SS on duty that day needs to by polygraphed.

I don't think Donald is sad because he almost died; I think he's sad because he thinks his own protective detail either is complicit, or really couldn't care less about him.

Comment

Working...
                                X