Oh MY GOODNESSS....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitt Romney Tax Plan: Study Shows Deduction Caps Don't Pay For Tax Cuts

WASHINGTON, Oct 17 (Reuters) - Mitt Romney's proposed cap on itemizing tax deductions could not on its own raise enough new government tax revenue to compensate for revenues lost by the Republican presidential candidate's plan to slash income tax rates, a think tank said on Wednesday.

The Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan group that has weighed in on other Romney proposals, said his deductions cap could raise up to $1.7 trillion over 10 years. The center said earlier this year Romney's 20-percent tax rate cut would cost $4.8 trillion.
    The Tax Policy Center acknowledged its latest estimates were based on an incomplete picture of Romney's tax plan.

"The Tax Policy Center has again inserted their own assumptions in order to reach a biased conclusion," a Romney campaign spokeswoman said on Wednesday.
    A cap of $17,000 would raise $1.7 trillion over 10 years while the $50,000 cap would raise only $760 billion. If Romney eliminated all itemized deductions, his plan could raise $2 trillion over 10 years, the center has estimated.

Obama has called for a cap on itemized deductions of 28 percent of adjusted gross income for individuals earning more than $200,000 a year and families earning more than $250,000.

Comment

I am fairly certain that Gov. Romney has maintained increased growth will further close that gap.

How about President Obama's $5 trillion gap claim, that he inflated to $7 trillion, then $8 trillion on Tuesday? The guy makes it up as he goes.

Now, 3 things:

Cutting taxes has NEVER been "a spending problem". Cutting future taxes doesn't increase the deficit. Only spin does that.

Taking the DEM view, that less revenue increases the deficit, assumes that revenue today is the correct level. It is most certainly not.

I am disappointed the GOP has gotten off the social program debate. I understand they aren't talking about it because it's a loser at the polls, but it has to be discussed. If they are elected, it better be job #2, right after repealing ObamaCare. We have a spending problem. That is issue 1A.

Comment

Has anyone seen Atlas Shrugged II yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Has anyone seen Atlas Shrugged II yet?
          What is it and where do we watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            What is it and where do we watch it?
            Atlas Shrugged, the book by Ayn Rand now showing on the big screen. The first one is on Netflix and came out a year or two ago. The sequel opened at the Warren last Friday. I haven't seen it since it isn't playing in Hutch.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Atlas Shrugged, the book by Ayn Rand now showing on the big screen. The first one is on Netflix and came out a year or two ago. The sequel opened at the Warren last Friday. I haven't seen it since it isn't playing in Hutch.
              Thanks. I actually already had it in my Netflix que it just wasn't a priority. I will watch it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X