No announcement yet.

Republican Iowa Caucus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The highlights of the Iowa Cockeye was Ryan Binkly getting Asa Hutchinson and Chris Christie, although he had dropped out, getting 35 votes to 84 for other.

Comment

Is it a foregone conclusion that Trump will run with Vivek?

Assuming Trump gets the nomination of course. What other politician would run with Trump? I just don't see a ton of people lining up for that, but what does everyone think?

Vivek dropped out and then immediately joined with Trump in NH.

Personally.....I'd love to see Vivek debate Harris. There's NO WAY Biden allows that...right?

That would be a blood bath to the nth degree.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Is it a foregone conclusion that Trump will run with Vivek?

Assuming Trump gets the nomination of course. What other politician would run with Trump? I just don't see a ton of people lining up for that, but what does everyone think?

Vivek dropped out and then immediately joined with Trump in NH.

Personally.....I'd love to see Vivek debate Harris. There's NO WAY Biden allows that...right?

That would be a blood bath to the nth degree.
        Vivek is worth a good cabinet spot, and not just housing secretary. I’m not sure we are lucky enough to get Vivek as VP.

There is LOTS of smoke around Nikki Haley as a VP, which gives me heartburn.

Has Tucker publicly distanced himself from VP talks? There was a question about that at one point.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'd like to see Florida's Donalds get the nod for DJT's running mate

Comment

If he would have played this right, DeSantis should have waited in the bullpen and jumped in as VP now. Then moved right in to the nomination in 4 years.

Trump/Vivek is fine.

Trump/Haley??? Dunno.

It's not swaying my vote either way.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Elise Stefanik

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Trump/Haley??? Dunno.
                Considering her campaign is targeted to NeverTrumpers, you don't need to wonder about this ever happening.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Considering her campaign is targeted to NeverTrumpers, you don't need to wonder about this ever happening.
                  She does have the Never Trumpers in her camp, they (Fox News journalists) were also talking yesterday about the youth vote being attracted to her message. While she's not my President candidate of choice, I could see some balance added to the ticket, if she were the choice, in other ways than Pence brought last time. Pence helped Trump, and she might too. South Carolina has 9 Electoral College Votes.

While Stefanik might be Trump's choice, has gravitas, and as a female (other ways too) she brings some balance, New York doesn't help Trump as it's not a border state, and is a foregone conclusion to go to the Democrat candidate. Vivek is from Ohio, and they are a border state with 17 Electoral Votes.

Pennsylvania is a border state with 19 Electoral Votes, but I don't think that they have any Republican VP candidates.

Donalds, from Florida has some good qualities, and balance as a VP candidate. He is black, and a Conservative that Trump would probably get along with. However, it seems to me that Florida is already in the bag for Republicans, and therefore, no addition to votes.

Comment

Do you think Kari Lake wants to be VP? I am not sure if that would help him or hurt him, quite honestly. But I know she is all in for him. I think she is viewed and would be portrayed by the media as an election kook and an 'extremist' like anyone will be.

Anyone who wants the government to have less control is an 'extremist' so....
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

But for pure entertainment, give me a Vivek/Harris debate, please!

Comment

Harris would never consent just like Joe won't debate either

Comment

JFK hated Johnson's guts before and during, but..........

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Elise Stefanik
                            The former president has spoken highly of the New York congresswoman, and his allies say she's high on the list of vice presidential prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              The former president has spoken highly of the New York congresswoman, and his allies say she's high on the list of vice presidential prospects.
                              Definitely has some merit.

Comment

I'm not sure he's eligible, but Sean Strickland might make a good head of DEI in a Trump Administration.

Comment

Working...
                                X