LIbya Ambassador and 3 Other Killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIbya Ambassador and 3 Other Killed

President Obama condemned the "outrageous and shocking" attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi that left the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans dead, as he and other officials vowed to "bring justice" to the killers while moving quickly to bolster security in Libya and at other diplomatic posts. 

The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other American staff members were killed Tuesday in an attack on the U.S. consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi, the White House confirmed. President Obama, in a written statement issued Wednesday morning, called the attack "outrageous" and "senseless."
    With this attack and one in Egypt - this administration better get it together fast.

We firmly reject the action by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others
    The administration apologies to out of control rioters and terroist (in the case of violation of U.S. Sovereignty) will be seen as acts of submission, not of strengtht and only will invite more violence. Get a clue, these people don't believe in free speech, and they don't tolerate any other religion but Islam.

In Egypt, there were no effort of security forces to stop the occupation and control the rioters - therefore the government was complicient. Interestingly there are report that Egypt is in negotiations for oil with Iran.

The administration apologies to out of control rioters and terroist (in the case of violation of U.S. Sovereignty) will be seen as acts of submission, not of strengtht and only will invite more violence. Get a clue, these people don't believe in free speech, and they don't tolerate any other religion but Islam.

In Egypt, there were no effort of security forces to stop the occupation and control the rioters - therefore the government was complicient. Interestingly there are report that Egypt is in negotiations for oil with Iran.
    Obama is clueless and that's a dangerous thing for America. And of course they see it as a sign of submission and weakness. But why shouldn't they see him as weak? Half of Americans do too.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well one thing is for certain, this is definately a law enforcement issue. These murderers should be brought to New York and put on trial!

Comment

Yeah, the U.S. isn't doing it's job as the Earth's police. Where is Klaatu when we need him?

Comment

The action is basically an "Act of War" but funny how Barack Hussein didn't come close to calling this event what it truly is in his press statement? Interesting also to me is that this event just magically happened on 9/11 when the video has been out for some time?

I also thought that the Romney press conference was amazing. The reporters were lined up for a chance to take down Romney with a list of accusatory questions that Romney firmly put down because his leadership is rooted in traditional American idealology. It told me two things, one how willing and blatant the media is in it's attempt to destroy Obama opposition and secondly, that Romney at least has the back bone to call out an apology for American ideals promptly with gusto and face the hostile press at the same time. Good for you Romney, you may not get elected but at least somebody stood up for the American way today!

Comment

An "act of war" is one perpetrated by a government or on behalf of a government, not a splinter group or a bunch of street thugs. If some random redneck assassinated Putin on a visit to America, would Russia be justified in launching a military attack on the US? Of course not!

And can someone please explain to me how we "apologized" for our ideals? I've seen this several times now and I'm not understanding it. I'm sure I don't have all the information yet, but it seems like a statement was issued that basically said, "Yeah, that movie was pretty moronic and the guy was an idiot for making it, but that's free speech. However, no matter how upset you are by someone else's free speech, storming an embassy is not a reasonable response." As much as I want to burn down Westboro Baptist Church, I know that's not appropriate and I would think Topeka police would tell me something like, "We don't like those morons either, but we're still going to charge you with arson."
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              An "act of war" is one perpetrated by a government or on behalf of a government, not a splinter group or a bunch of street thugs. If some random redneck assassinated Putin on a visit to America, would Russia be justified in launching a military attack on the US? Of course not!
              You might want to become a student of history. World Wars have started for less. Alot of times, people are waiting for an "excuse" to do something, doesn't matter whether if the excuse is contrived or not.

In your case Putin hypothetical, if the Russian government thought we did not due our due diligence in providing protection - I could see them feeling justified. There are some very good novels written on just subject.

Comment

I am referring to the Cairo American embassy statement that came out apologizing for a private American citizen's use of free speech. There should never be an apology for free speech. I may not like or agree with what some people say but I damn well agree with their right to say it no matter how ignorant it may be. Like the Cairo statement. I don't like it, I'm glad they said it because it just illustrating their position on issues like this. Barack Hussein only tried to reel it back in after the statement created a firestorm here in the states.

I disagree with what many people say and believe but I have never felt that I have the right to suffocate them to death if I do. Has the Libyan government come out against this attack. Have they come out to defend the embassy and it's personnel? Do we know that some elements of the government weren't involved? It has been reported that Libyan government officials directed the mob to the building where American personnel had been relocated due to security concerns. Would that be considered helping?

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the embassy said in a statement published online.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz26H1VqHmm

Why does our government even apologize for the actions of what one citizen out of millions decided to do privately...why even go there? Are we that afraid of these people or do we want to stand with them that badly? Do we apologize to Israel every time an American citizen insults them or their religion? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Alot of times, people are waiting for an "excuse" to do something, doesn't matter whether if the excuse is contrived or not.
                  The first thing I thought of when you wrote this was how the neocons needed an "excuse" to give to President Bush to invade Iraq. After 9/11 they had their excuse.

Comment

It was no coindence that this all occured on 9/11. Also, if you look what is happening throughout the middle east, all the secular governments are being removed 1 by 1 and replaced by sharia law governemnts. My prediction, after Syria falls, Jordan will be next and then Monarchy in Saudi Arabia (or some of the other Gulf Monarchies).

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      Why does our government even apologize for the actions of what one citizen out of millions decided to do privately...why even go there? Are we that afraid of these people or do we want to stand with them that badly? Do we apologize to Israel every time an American citizen insults them or their religion? Just wondering.
                      Of course not. If we did, this administration would constantly be apologizing to them for their own actions/statements.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        It was no coindence that this all occured on 9/11. Also, if you look what is happening throughout the middle east, all the secular governments are being removed 1 by 1 and replaced by sharia law governemnts. My prediction, after Syria falls, Jordan will be next and then Monarchy in Saudi Arabia (or some of the other Gulf Monarchies).
                        And we've helped put a couple of those in place... Is Jordan in that bad of shape? I've always been under the impression that they're fairly stable and people fairly happy. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if outside forces helped push things into chaos.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          And we've helped put a couple of those in place... Is Jordan in that bad of shape? I've always been under the impression that they're fairly stable and people fairly happy. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if outside forces helped push things into chaos.
                          They have significant palestinian refugee population. Most of the people fighting against the Syrian government are outsiders.

Comment

I forgot about the refugee population. Israel would be in a really bad place if Jordan fell. The fall of Egypt was bad for them, Jordan would be killer for them in the region.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Barack owns this. The Muslim Brotherhood are his guys.

We are at war with an ideology, and while that's not politically correct, not acknowledging this makes us all less safe.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X