No announcement yet.

POLL: Guess the Healthcare Outcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine virtually all privately held companies will discontinue health plans for employees.

Comment

Why would I continue to pay for it? Give me one good reason......?

I am hardly throwing a conniption fit......I am simply exercising one of my dwindling rights.

Comment

I have never paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
          It's funny looking at the votes on this poll...confirms what I already knew, the Republican dominated Politics board on Shockernet really has no clue what's going on....just blah blah blah Obama BAD blah blah blah. Considering more than half of the Supreme Court Justices were appointed by Republicans, should tell you something.
          You didn’t read the opinions did you? This ruling was closer to 5-4 for the plaintiff than the other way around.

The fact of the matter is the government lost its Commerce Clause argument and four of the Justices (including Kennedy) wanted to invalidate the entire law. I don’t anyone who predicted that Roberts would join the four liberal Justices and uphold the mandate under the General Welfare/Taxing clause. That argument was not considered serious and, indeed, abandoned by the government. Roberts resurrected it and justified his ruling by essentially rewriting the law. I’m not sure what Roberts was thinking but his opinion is legal gibberish. It is an unclear and unclean opinion – not the usual solid legal workmanship I am used to Roberts providing.

Interestingly the dissent, which was jointly issued by Kennedy, Alito, Thomas, and Scalia – which is very unusual by the way (typically a dissent is authored by a single Justice), reads like a majority opinion. That tells me that those four justices were basically begging Roberts to join them and he turned them down.

Obama may be happy now, and this is a “legal victory” of sorts, but I suspect this ruling will come back to haunt him.

Comment

I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post

Isn't facebook dead?

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013
                  While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:
                  I never understood how these things would lower costs.... Probably because they won't.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Still mad? Why don't you save your rage and actually get an education of your own, so you don't fall for every 'sky is falling' report on the sensational news circuit. Believe me, your life will be much much easier.

House of Representatives, Senate, Executive Branch and Judicial System.

What part of democracy do you not understand?

Apparently, for some people, loving America means only when they get their way.
                    Last edited by Wu du Nord; July 6, 2012, 12:27 PM.
                    I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by Wu du Nord View Post
                      Still mad? Why don't you save your rage and actually get an education of your own, so you don't fall for every 'sky is falling' report on the sensational news circuit. Believe me, your life will be much much easier.

House of Representatives, Senate, Executive Branch and Judicial System.

What part of democracy do you not understand?

Apparently, for some people, loving America means only when they get their way.
                      I have a hunch you acted the same way when George Bush was President.

Comment

Here is what is all means:

1. You must buy insurance. In 2014, if you don't you will have to pay 1% tax or $285, whichever is greater. By 2016, it will go up to 2,085 per family or 2.5%.

2. People will be eligible for federal subsidies to buy insurance. A family of four would be eligible if their salary was between $30,000 to 92,000 [2012 numbers].

3. Your kids will be able to stay on your plan until 26.

4. No caps on medical coverage. Lifetime limits on coverage will no longer be allowed.

5. Employers with 50 or employees must provide insurance or will be taxed.

6. Employers with less than 25 employees will receive tax credits if they offer health insurance as long as their average employed salary is $50,000/yr.

6. People with pre-existing conditions will be able to get insurance through high risk pools run by the states.

7. If you make $250,000 or more you will have to pay higher taxes beginning in 2018 through increased Medicare taxes and taxes on unearned income (capital gains, interest and dividend).

8. Reform limits on what you can be made to pay out of pocket.

9. Medicare will be expanded in 2014 to include all low income adults without children.

10. For young people who don't want to buy health insurance, they can choose a catastrophic plan the will have lower premiums and coverage kicks in after $6,000 of out of pocket expanses.

11. Medicare prescription coverage will expand so seniors will only have to pay 25% of their prescription costs.

12. Preventive care will be free for seniors on medicare.

13. Taxes: Medicare increases from 1.45% to 2.35%, 2.8% tax on unearned income, 40% excise tax if your employer insurance exceeds $10,200 per year or 27,500 for families (to good of insurance is not a good thing). Medical deductions increase from 7.5% to 10% threshhold. People who tan will have to pay a 10% tax. Flexible spending account will be limited to $2,500.

14. Illegal immigrants have not been addressed yet. They will be addressed after Obama wins his 2nd term.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          President Reagan has to be turning over in his grave over the evolution of Justice Kennedy.
                          First of all, evolution is a myth. Get your facts straight, progressive.

Secondly, Reagan can't possibly remember that he appointed Justice Kennedy, or what his views were at the time.

Comment

http://www.reddit.com/tb/vbkfm

T
                            his very clear and will help answer some of the questions
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                              I have a hunch you acted the same way when George Bush was President.
                              If by 'acted the same way' you mean, calm, cool, collected, over-educated, rational, informed, adopting an attitude of mocking condescension towards ignorant knee-jerkers and unlikely to post hyper-partisan sensational entertainment news stories to internet message boards that reduced the unbelievably complicated governance of the world's sole super power to a level of discourse that is roughly equivalent to AM radio coverage of professional sports teams, then, yes, I 'acted the same way'.

And athletic and handsome.

Thanks for checking. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                http://www.reddit.com/tb/vbkfm

T
                                his very clear and will help answer some of the questions
                                Really? 992 replies. I think I just said pretty much the same thing in more concise fashion. You must work for the government.

Comment

Working...
                                X