Favorite Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Oona Chaplin: I'm still not convinced in GOT that she wasn't spying for the Lannister's. She was not written as such (a spy) in the books, but the TV show seemed to hint that she was in fact a possible spy in numerous scenes, some of which she was entirely clothed. Maybe a poll is needed... LOL
    I don't recall picking up on spy vibes. But it has also been awhile. This would give me an excuse to watch GoT again.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Oona Chaplin: I'm still not convinced in GOT that she wasn't spying for the Lannister's. She was not written as such (a spy) in the books, but the TV show seemed to hint that she was in fact a possible spy in numerous scenes, some of which she was entirely clothed. Maybe a poll is needed... LOL
      She can use my pole.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't recall picking up on spy vibes. But it has also been awhile. This would give me an excuse to watch GoT again.
        Here's a quick and easy read:
        • Talisa's scenes in "The Old Gods and the New" are very intriguing: she's in the middle of an army camp writing a letter, and openly jokes to Robb that she's a Lannister spy sending in reports to Tywin. Joke by the writers? Quite probably...but it's also the "Purloined Letter" method of hiding in plain sight. Plus the simple fact that they referred to it. Anyway, we do know that the Lannisters are getting spy reports - not that unusual, this is a war after all and they have "scouts", what army doesn't? But it's that whole thing that Tywin says at Harrnhal that they can't defeat Robb militarily so they have to find another way...by sending in the old Honey Trap ploy and having Talisa seduce him?

At one point in the an episode Tywin is writing a letter and in the text of the letter he is writing you can clearly see the word "martyred" in the text of the letter, so he would have no problem in "letting her go" at the Red Wedding.

And speaking of Tywin Lannister, I see a man who could almost double for Tywin Lannister at the Post Office often right here in Wichita. If the wife is with me I always make a joke referring to it, but the other day nearly ruined what she was wearing and almost had to go home for a change of clothes. The Tywin doppelganger was whistling as he was walking into the Post Office and she saw that and made some comment about "there's Tywin in a good mood." And I said "You're a Lannister! Lannister's do not whistle, they ROAR!" and she damn near spit what she was drinking all over herself and the dash of the car.
        Last edited by JVShocker; August 30, 2023, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• The granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin kind of has an early Jennifer Love Hewitt look to her, no?

Comment

• Disalada (Stang) Disayanon

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Actress Lana Turner

some colorized b+w photos

Comment

• Formula 1 driver Lindsay Brewer.

Comment

• More of professional driver Lindsay Brewer. Kind of makes me wish I could afford to hire a driver to chauffer me around.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    The granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin kind of has an early Jennifer Love Hewitt look to her, no?
                    Speaking of Charlie (Chuck); ole Ross and I took several flappers (some might refer to them as skanks today) to the Orpheum in ‘27 to see one of Charlie’s ‘silent’ shows… ironically, it was “Little Tramp”… that might have been when the saying, “there’s going to be a hot time in the old cow town tonight” started.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Speaking of Charlie (Chuck); ole Ross and I took several flappers (some might refer to them as skanks today) to the Orpheum in ‘27 to see one of Charlie’s ‘silent’ shows… ironically, it was “Little Tramp”… that might have been when the saying, “there’s going to be a hot time in the old cow town tonight” started.
                      How could it have possibly started with you and ole Ross when everyone knows it started with Batman and the Joker.

Comment

• Last one from me this week as I head up to KC for Irish Fest and to hang with big brother a bit.

SSSniperWolf (Alia Shelesh)

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I'm a doctor, and you can take my word for it......that's a nice leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I'm a doctor, and you can take my word for it......that's a nice leg.
                            Nicely done Hawkeye.

Comment

• Saige Peterson

Comment

• Vintage Friday warmup: Diana Dors, otherwise known as the UK "Marilyn Monroe"

Comment

Working...
                                X