No announcement yet.

The Collapse of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point of time the United States is no better than Russia (and others of similar ilk). We have absolutely no moral authority.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2024, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• No better? The Biden administration is worse, because Putin doesn't do it all while claiming to be fair.

Comment

• If they get four more years it will be game over

Comment

• This article is behind a pay wall but I think the gist of it is pretty clear:

What's Happening to Steve Baker and Catherine Herridge Is a National Disgrace

Does the First Amendment apply to all journalists? Or only those who toe the left-wing line? If recent evidence is any indication, the latter is true.

As RedState reported, Catherine Herridge was fired from CBS News and had her files seized for having the audacity to report on stories that were unflattering to the Biden administration. Now, she's being held in contempt of court by a judge for refusing to reveal her sources, facing a nearly thousand-dollar-a-day fine for not cooperating.

Herridge's plight seems tame compared to what Steve Baker is going through, though. On Friday, Baker was frog-marched in handcuffs by the FBI for reporting on January 6th. He didn't participate in any of the rioting. He didn't chant slogans or throw things at police. He was there documenting what was happening, something journalists have done since the inception of the profession. Yet, the Biden administration is looking to throw him in jail anyway.

When Vladimir Putin has a journalist shoved out a window, that's unmistakable evidence of tyranny. Few would suggest otherwise. Yet, some of the loudest voices against that kind of authoritarianism are completely silent in the face of American journalists being paraded in handcuffs and held in contempt for simply doing their jobs.

What makes this all the more terrible is that such treatment is reserved only for journalists who don't fit the left-wing mold. There were reporters from mainstream press outlets on the Capitol Grounds on January 6th. None of them have been charged with anything. Certainly, there have been many journalists who have refused to reveal their sources and not be subjected to contempt of court proceedings.

The standard that has been set is clear: Defend Democrats or risk jail if you dare be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That's a slap in the face to the very basis of America.

Comment

• I'm not convinced that America can be saved. But if anyone is motivated enough to wreck havoc on the current state of the US, it's DJT. We must vote early and often to counter the Democrats manipulation of our elections.

Comment

• I feel the same way

Comment

• How not fascistic...
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Comment

• So many very brave and tough men in the WWII era but I encountered the same in Vietnam and most were not there by choice. Seems each and every generation gets weaker and weaker. I fear it will bring us all down in the not so distant future.

Comment

• Comment

• At least the most partisan Justices did what is right this morning and restored some level of order to these Courts that have eroded Democracy these last 9 years.

A tiny bit of our Country was restored this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          At least the most partisan Justices did what is right this morning and restored some level of order to these Courts that have eroded Democracy these last 9 years.

A tiny bit of our Country was restored this morning.
                          A temporary reprieve perhaps. It won't stop the left from pursuing the transformation/destruction of the United States as founded. Of course, this has been going on for decades and at this point may very well be inevitable.

Comment

• I'm quite surprised. But I believe Kagan, while a lefty, is not insane. And it's only 9-0 because she probably swayed the other 2. You can't invoke labels on someone who hasn't even been brought up on charges you claim they are guilty of.

Yet....
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I don't think it was a tough decision. The Constitution is fairly clear who controls Federal offices. You can't have states with their own interpretations of the Constitution; i.e. does the 14th amendment apply to the President and exactly what is the definition of insurrection. The answers to those questions can't be state by state.

And for what it is worth, I believe the nine members of the CO Sup Court were all appointed by Democrat Governors, and they ruled 4-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                I'm quite surprised. But I believe Kagan, while a lefty, is not insane. And it's only 9-0 because she probably swayed the other 2. You can't invoke labels on someone who hasn't even been brought up on charges you claim they are guilty of.

Yet....
                                The court really did not rule on that whether or not Trump was guilty of insurrection.. They just ruled that only Congress could enforce the 14th amendment for Federal office holders. But the States could enforce it at the State level for elected officials at the state and local level.

At least that was my understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X