January 6th - An Alternative Viewpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I voted for Trump twice, but after January 6, and him stealing classified documents - never again.
    "Go peacefully and patriotically to make your voices heard". An insurrection without weapons is not an insurrection in any sense of the word. I encourage you to check out Tucker Carlson and others analysis of the full release of the Jan 6 videos. They totally blow apart the Nancy Pelosi setup of the Jan 6 "insurrection".

Also Presidents have the right to documents. They can classify or declassify on a word. Almost all, if not all, former presidents have taken them home or other places. Who does not have those authorities are vice Presidents, Secretaries of State, Congress people. So who gets raided? The president of course, while Biden (while VP), Hillary while secretary of state, and the congressman who stole docs by slipping them in his pants all get a pass.

Quit watching the main stream media. Try doing a little research outside of the Democrat hacks. You tube has some great videos that cover some of these events. You should check some out and you will find that the push on Trump has everything to do with keeping political outsiders out of DC, so the insiders can assume their little power structure in order to make them rich and powerful.

Herman Cain was another example of this. Great guy and would have made a great president, but they attacked him early and often, so he folded. Trump stood up to those same folks and proved that conservative values work for the US.

Comment

I guess I should caveat that with if Desantis is the Vp, that would change my mind, because Trump will not make it full term if elected, so it would be really electing Desantis. But I don’t see Trump partnering with him.
      If you had a choice to vote for JFK or Trump, who would you vote for?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Isnt a primary election a party run thing? How can a court rule how a party gets to decide their candidate?
        Primary is ran by local and state government. Caucus is privately organized by the political party. The party can choose to move to a caucus.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

"Go peacefully and patriotically to make your voices heard".
          When you storm the capitol building and ransack it, it it no longer a patriotic and peaceful.

Also Presidents have the right to documents. They can classify or declassify on a word.
          have u ever held a security clearance? My guess is no.

Nobody, even Presidents have “a right”. And a president cannot arbitrarily declassify anything without going through a review process.

Trump did not follow the process, and when it was clear he had information that was classified, refused to return it is where he got into trouble. Plus there seems to be evidence there was also obstruction. There was a good WSJ article on it.

You tube has some great videos that cover some of these events.
          LOL, lecturing me about what media not to watch, and then telling me to go to Youtube. Okay…there is not much to say
          if you are dealing with a person who gets his idea from Youtube.

Next u are going to tell me Trump Is a evangelical conservative.
          Last edited by SB Shock; December 20, 2023, 02:00 PM.

Comment

When you storm the capitol building and ransack it, it it no longer a patriotic and peaceful.

have u ever held a security clearance? My guess is no.

Nobody, even Presidents have “a right”. And a president cannot arbitrarily declassify anything without going through a review process.

Trump did not follow the process, and when it was clear he had information that was classified, refused to return it is where he got into trouble. Plus there seems to be evidence there was also obstruction. There was a good WSJ article on it.

LOL, lecturing me about what media not to watch, and then telling me to go to Youtube. Okay…there is not much to say
            if you are dealing with a person who gets his idea from Youtube.

Next u are going to tell me Trump Is a evangelical conservative.
            Yes I've held top secret clearance In the USMC because I repaired radar radio and crypto equipment.

Who were those who stormed and ransacked. There were known antifa implants. Not saying that there weren't some Republicans who broke laws, but as in many protests there are some idiots. But Trump did not do anything illegal nor did he encourage anything illegal.

Why did Nancy Pelosi refuse protection of the capital that Trump not only offered, but suggested, as well did the capital police chief suggest the need for additional protection days before the 6th.

You should check about your statement about presidents not having the right to classified docs. But even if that were correct, why did a congressman, a VP and a secretary of state get off Scott free while a president didn't? I can answer that one myself. Dems can do as they want because Obama loaded DC with unelected dems to protect and serve Dems.

Trump allowed FBI to go through mara Lago and they told him to add a lock to the vault the docs were stored in. He did so. Next the FBI raided mara Lago, kicking out his lawyers so they could not see the process.

You go ahead and spew your dem BS all you want. But it is a lie through and through. Most Americans are seeing the truth, but there are some like yourself, who wear blinders.

​​​​​​I don't dislike desantis, quite the contrary, but Trump is a proven leader.

Comment

Yes I've held top secret clearance In the USMC because I repaired radar radio and crypto equipment.
              So what would have happened to you if lost or took home an operational SOI? Or you lost a KY-57 loaded with the frequency hopping transmission key?

Most Americans are seeing the truth,
              They sure didn't last election.

Polling is 54% agreeing with Colorado
              84% democrats
              49% independents
              24% republicans

That is no where close to the definition of "most"

​​​​​​I don't dislike desantis, quite the contrary, but Trump is a proven leader.
              DeSantis is a proven leader. He has a legacy that stands up and will be hard to reverse in Florida.

Trump is nowhere close to being a "leader". He is petulant child. His legacy was reversed on Day 1 of the Biden administration because he didn't know how to lead.

Comment

So what would have happened to you if lost or took home an operational SOI? Or you lost a KY-57 loaded with the frequency hopping transmission key?

They sure didn't last election.

Polling is 54% agreeing with Colorado
                84% democrats
                49% independents
                24% republicans

That is no where close to the definition of "most"

DeSantis is a proven leader. He has a legacy that stands up and will be hard to reverse in Florida.

Trump is nowhere close to being a "leader". He is petulant child. His legacy was reversed on Day 1 of the Biden administration because he didn't know how to lead.
                You really know how to show your ignorance. I wasn't the president of the US so I could not do a lot of things he did.
                Desantis would be ok in this desires, but he doesn't have the cahonas to go up against the deep state..
                Your last comment paragraph about Trump's leadership is almost as ignorant as your first paragraph.

You are just a left wing nut posing as a centrist republican. Until you actually grow up and open your eyes to the hatchet job the media and Democrat law makers are pulling against Trump, you are a useless mental case. Kind of like the non-binary gender idiots. Useless to discuss anything with you.

Comment

I'm kind of in the middle of this discussion/argument.

Trump might beat Biden or he might not (based on recent electoral results, I give him about a 33% of winning, given the political climate etc).

Haley and DeSantis will likely beat Biden handily if they can possibly win the GOP nomination. I put either as a 2-1 favorite vs Biden.

In the 2 (or more) things can be true at the same time category....I like(d) Trump being an outsider, as we have too many career politicians. I voted for him twice. I will not vote for him in the primary, but if he's the nominee, I will hold my nose and vote for him in the general election without hesitation. That being said, no reasonable person can say he incited an insurrection but he was 100% wrong in his opinion of Pence's job certifying the election and he was wrong for trying to play that card. Should that disqualify him? I believe that's a choice for the voter to make. The classified documents thing is his biggest problem, court wise. I think he's guilty under the law. Just like Hillary. But his prosecution is 100% politically motivated. If it wasn't, Clinton would have spent time in jail (among many others, can you hear me sleepy Joe?). We all see this, and many, if not most, of us are tired of being run over by the political elites.

The Colorado Court is equally as wrong in their opinion, almost laughably so. Their application of the 14th Amendment is clownshowish. The CO court is entirely Democratic yet broke 4-3 with the 3 dissenting opinions basically scathing the majority. The USSC is almost certain to overturn, and that is where, to me, problems could arise. Our political system is more divided today than likely at anytime in our lifetimes (regardless of your age). If they over turn Colorado down "party lines" 6-3 then both sides are going to play the same card and it's going to get ugly, far uglier than it is now. Whomever loses the election will scream bloody murder that it's stolen and blame the courts. This will get bad...and bad like we haven't seen thus far. The questionable opinions are likely Kagan, Roberts & Sotomayor, in that order. I have no confidence, today at least, that Ketanji Brown Jackson should even be on the bench, much less form an informed opinion. Roberts, of course, is a wild card either way at this point, which is troubling. I am HOPEFUL Kagan sides with the majority and defuses the situation a bit. I added Sotomayor only because she might be more qualified than KBJ, but it's close and I don't really have much hope she is capable of applying the law correctly, but I still wanted to give her a chance.

If it ends 6-3, look out.

Comment

You are just a left wing nut posing as a centrist republican. Until you actually grow up and open your eyes to the hatchet job the media and Democrat law makers are pulling against Trump, you are a useless mental case. Kind of like the non-binary gender idiots. Useless to discuss anything with you.
                    This is what makes the GOP look bad, imho. And Atxshoxfan I am going to agree with your stance most of the time. But calling SB Shock a left wing nut is patently wrong. He can defend and define himself, he doesn't need my help, but that kind of one directional type thinking just doesn't benefit anyone.

A person doesn't have to be in lock step with the former President to be a hard core (or even centrist) Republican.

Comment

If it's not overturned by the USSC , most of the blue states will follow suite. That is a guaranteed civil war at that point.

Fighting for democracy by eliminating a leading candidate for a crime that never happened is not fighting for democracy, but it is removing democracy.

Dems are starting this form of election interference and Republicans will do the same if it's not overturned.

Comment

The left will probably argue that it's a "state's issue" and that the SC should be consistent, like with Roe v Wade. The problem for the left is that Colorado is using the 14th and that's probably going to light a fire under the Supremes, as it rightly should.

Regardless, it is a terrible decision and anyone that supports it is a moron. And frankly it has no teeth (yet) as the GOP will just change to a caucus instead if the decision holds. I don't know if it would affect the general election (yet). My hunch is it will, but we're not there yet.

The much bigger (and mostly unrelated issue) problem is that the GOP has no money to fight for Senate and Congressional seats right now. A huge plurality of money raised is going to Trump. And if we haven't learned a lesson from the last 3 general elections, there's probably no hope for the GOP in November. And I am pointing a finger at Donald Trump and I am pointing a BIGLY finger, and it might be a middle one at that, towards Ronna McDaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The much bigger (and mostly unrelated issue) problem is that the GOP has no money to fight for Senate and Congressional seats right now. A huge plurality of money raised is going to Trump. And if we haven't learned a lesson from the last 3 general elections, there's probably no hope for the GOP in November. And I am pointing a finger at Donald Trump and I am pointing a BIGLY finger, and it might be a middle one at that, towards Ronna McDaniel.
                          The RNC's Latest Cash-on-Hand Numbers Are a Catastrophe, and Republicans Can't Sit on Their Hands

Republican National Committee cash on hand at end of November:
                          2016 $21,354,030
                          2017 $39,838,889
                          2018 $27,008,324
                          2019 $63,233,392
                          2020 $58,777,814
                          2021 $65,468,902
                          2022 $17,275,601
                          2023 $9,956,381

As of the latest filing in November of 2023, the committee only has $9.9 million. By comparison, the DNC has $20 million in the bank, over doubling what Republicans have.

Comment

Comment

CLEARLY, the left fears DJT the most. The MSM vilifies him 24/7 and have been trying to destroy him ever since he won in 2016. The left is responsible for open borders, a dysfunctional education system, increased crime, a declining military, a corrupt DOJ, State Dept, AG, border czar, corrupt FBI at the highest levels, etc............I could go on and on. No question the Biden family has been compromised and yields to China, Iran and Russia. The Biden administration is WEAK and corrupt. He can't even walk or talk on his own intelligently. DJT can address any subject on his own without written responses and ear pieces. Anyone paying attention at all can see it with their own eyes/ears

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X