Trial on Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

I see no reason why they deserve to live. Do you?

Hunting down a human for 5 min with your vehicle and using it as a cage to block him in, then executing his ass in broad daylight on a public road?? Not to mention the man had broken no laws. Zero.
    A cage? He didn't go straight. He didn't turn right. He turned left. Right at the man with a gun and grab the barrel of it. A which point, there was a struggle for the gun. The man did not shoot him as soon as he turned at him. The man did not shoot him as he grab the gun. Now if he had turned right (away from the truck) and he had shot him, yes, I would totally agree with you that it was an execution.

Comment

Personally, I believe the McMichaels would have killed Arbery regardless of Bryant's involvement.
      At least you said "personally". Why didn't McMichael shoot him as he turned to the right and charged him? Why didn't Dad McMichael shoot him as he was approaching the truck? There seems to be more reasons to say they didn't intend to shoot him.

Where the McMichaels made their mistake is in not knowing Georgia law and brandished a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

At least you said "personally". Why didn't McMichael shoot him as he turned to the right and charged him? Why didn't Dad McMichael shoot him as he was approaching the truck? There seems to be more reasons to say they didn't intend to shoot him.

Where the McMichaels made their mistake is in not knowing Georgia law and brandished a gun.

So you're saying without Bryant's involvement the McMichael's wouldn't have killed Arbery?

You do remember Father McMichael admitted to already threatening Arbery with "stop or I'll blow your ****ing head off" while holding his firearm right??

Put yourself in Arbery's shoes. He knew his only chance to live was to get that gun...and had he taken it and killed them, he would've had a self defense claim just like KR did.

Stop victim blaming. He was being chased down by vehicles of armed men with no where to turn...despite your insistence if he had just turned right and everyone would have been on their merry way...you know it's not true. Tthat gets him out of danger? He's been running from these dudes and they aren't stopping. He's figured that out by this point. He's certainly scared to death, panicking, sees no way out and decides to fight for his life. The McMichaels gave him no choice.

This quote by you "Where the McMichaels made their mistake is in not knowing Georgia law and brandished a gun." Tells me everything I need to know about your viewpoint. It couldn't be more wrong. Literally every single thing the McMichaels did that day was a mistake. Morally and lawfully. You might as well say if they had been a little smarter they could have gotten away with it. JFC.

Comment

I see no reason why they deserve to live. Do you?

Hunting down a human for 5 min with your vehicle and using it as a cage to block him in, then executing his ass in broad daylight on a public road?? Not to mention the man had broken no laws. Zero.
          Yes I do. This was a complex case where the intent was not to kill. Those are two easy factors for me to say absolutely not to the death penalty.

Also, he broke several laws. Multiple. So, pay attention if you’re going to sentence someone to death.
          Livin the dream

Comment

So you're saying without Bryant's involvement the McMichael's wouldn't have killed Arbery?

You do remember Father McMichael admitted to already threatening Arbery with "stop or I'll blow your ****ing head off" while holding his firearm right??

Put yourself in Arbery's shoes. He knew his only chance to live was to get that gun...and had he taken it and killed them, he would've had a self defense claim just like KR did.

Stop victim blaming. He was being chased down by vehicles of armed men with no where to turn...despite your insistence if he had just turned right and everyone would have been on their merry way...you know it's not true. Tthat gets him out of danger? He's been running from these dudes and they aren't stopping. He's figured that out by this point. He's certainly scared to death, panicking, sees no way out and decides to fight for his life. The McMichaels gave him no choice.

This quote by you "Where the McMichaels made their mistake is in not knowing Georgia law and brandished a gun." Tells me everything I need to know about your viewpoint. It couldn't be more wrong. Literally every single thing the McMichaels did that day was a mistake. Morally and lawfully. You might as well say if they had been a little smarter they could have gotten away with it. JFC.

You obviously didn’t follow the trial. You’re just angry.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You obviously didn’t follow the trial. You’re just angry.
              I followed the triial. Why would I be Angry? Lmao

Comment

Yes I do. This was a complex case where the intent was not to kill. Those are two easy factors for me to say absolutely not to the death penalty.

Also, he broke several laws. Multiple. So, pay attention if you’re going to sentence someone to death.
                Please list the laws he broke that day. Show us you know what you're talking about and not just vomiting ignorance.

Also, do you think Henry Ruggs 3 deserves to live? I certainly do not. His intentions were not to kill either. Makes no difference to me. He's scum as are the father/son McMichael Clowns.
                Last edited by IndianaShocker; November 30, 2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Please list the laws he broke that day. Show us you know what you're talking about and not just vomiting ignorance.
                  This is the most important statement you have stated. There were no broken laws that were proven to my knowledge, but I didn't follow the case like you probably did. Self defense didn't seem provable from what I have read. A group of men, chasing someone down in a truck with a gun, and trying to make a citizen's arrest, is very aggressive, and definitely not a good look, unless you have proof of them breaking the law.

I don't know what was in the McMichael's minds and hearts, but no one else on here does either. Racism may have been in their hearts, but that is unprovable, and I don't know their history. I do know the history of racism in Georgia, but Georgia has changed for the better. However, that doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist in the hearts of some men in Georgia. We know it probably does.

Again, no winners in this case. Rittenhouse made some poor choices too (wearing a racist T shirt, etc.), mainly from an optics POV, but that didn't affect his valid self defense claim, and a bad decision doesn't mean he is a racist. To me, it would just indicate that he is a 17 year old kid that gets swept up in his notoriety, and probably lost sight of his actions. Just my opinion.
                  Last edited by Shockm; November 30, 2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Uhhh....verbiage. I sincerely hope your family or close friends have never had something like this happen to them.

Comment

"So you're saying without Bryant's involvement the McMichael's wouldn't have killed Arbery?"

No one truly knows.

"You do remember Father McMichael admitted to already threatening Arbery with "stop or I'll blow your ****ing head off" while holding his firearm right??"

But, father McMichael didn't, did he. He certainly had opportunities.

"Put yourself in Arbery's shoes. He knew his only chance to live was to get that gun...and had he taken it and killed them, he would've had a self defense claim just like KR did."

Those odds were zero to none. Son McMichael was much bigger, not tired from running, and held the correct end of the gun. Had Arbery gotten the gun, shot the son, father McMichael would have had him in his sites by then. His best chance was to get off the road. None of these 3 could have followed him off road. Then, report them to the police and that he feared for his life as soon as he could. I assume he didn't have a cell phone? He could have used it while running.

"Stop victim blaming. He was being chased down by vehicles of armed men with no where to turn...despite your insistence if he had just turned right and everyone would have been on their merry way...you know it's not true. Tthat gets him out of danger? He's been running from these dudes and they aren't stopping. He's figured that out by this point. He's certainly scared to death, panicking, sees no way out and decides to fight for his life. The McMichaels gave him no choice."

At no time was there an opportunity to get off the road? That's the only way to evade them. As long as he stayed on the roads, yes, they would and could follow him. I'm not victim blaming, but I am saying that if he had not run at all, he'd be alive today.

"This quote by you "Where the McMichaels made their mistake is in not knowing Georgia law and brandished a gun." Tells me everything I need to know about your viewpoint. It couldn't be more wrong. Literally every single thing the McMichaels did that day was a mistake. Morally and lawfully. You might as well say if they had been a little smarter they could have gotten away with it. JFC."

Make no doubt about it, the McMichaels would still have been in deep trouble, but all would still have lives to lead in the future. As far as being smarter, I could say the same about Arbery, except his mistakes were not unlawful and he'd most likely be alive today. That's no guarantee for anyone, but more likely than the choices that were by all.

Comment

I'll let the debate about whether or not they deserve the death penalty to carry on without my input, but I would like to offer this.....if in fact they do deserve the death penalty, then the death penalty is not being applied to nearly enough guilty people. And by that I mean thousands upon thousands every single year. (For the record, I used to be a staunch supporter of the death penalty, but I am no longer. I don't believe we should put people to death, but I absolutely believe in supermax, isolated, desolate life sentences with humane but simple conditions, and monitored but allowed suicide for those that no longer care to live out their lives in that solitude).

I do think this case brings to light a couple of issues that are worthy of at least some debate.

First, the idea of limiting and/or reforming law enforcement. There is obviously a criminal element in our society, and a fairly large element at that, and there are people that are both frustrated with criminals running loose and causing havoc and others that believe police are over stepping their bounds too often. While I personally am open to a variety of ideas to make things better, soft on crime ain't working now, and isn't likely to work any better in the future. I'm not about to claim I have any answers, but the more we soften on the criminal element that exists, the more we are going to see these kind of tragic results.

Second, I imagine laws like (and I'm speaking in generalities) the ones written where a person is guilty of murder if someone dies during a felony even if they had nothing to do with the death were written to punish criminals more severely and proactively get these bad actors out of society before they do more harm. On the surface, seems like a good idea. In this case though, one could argue that the "intent" backfired and is going to jail a "relatively" innocent person for something he (from all reports and common sense) absolutely had zero intent to do. Those people that feel marginalized and also feel the laws are stacked against them (right or wrong) could either be celebrating the turning of the tables or using this as a sort of "now do you see what we have had to put up with, now that it affects you?" moment where they can argue for further reform (or just reform).

Just some things that have been going through my mind as these trials have been front and center. Carry on.

Comment

Your facts are just wrong.
                          Last edited by wufan; November 30, 2021, 12:14 PM.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Also, do you think Henry Ruggs 3 deserves to live? I certainly do not. His intentions were not to kill either. Makes no difference to me. He's scum as are the father/son McMichael Clowns.
                            You added a new caveat…”that day”. He committed no felonies “that day”. But if you include other days, the answer isn’t “zero”

I didn’t follow the Riggs trial and have no comment.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

You added a new caveat…”that day”. He committed no felonies “that day”. But if you include other days, the answer isn’t “zero”

I didn’t follow the Riggs trial and have no comment.
                              He didn’t even say felonies. He said “laws”.

Did he not trespass onto private property that day?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He didn’t even say felonies. He said “laws”.

Did he not trespass onto private property that day?
                                Yeah, and I know what he meant…and it was important in the verdict. The defense argument that he was wanted for felony burglary was deemed not important by the judge. Both are important if you want to execute them.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X