Trial on Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    How is it possible that one of these men is guilty of “four counts of felony murder”? One man is dead and another man is convicted of malice murder AND four counts of felony murder?

Are they able to sentence consecutively?
    I don't understand how you can have multiple murder convictions for one murder. But I haven't looked that far into it yet either. But law is weird and often times stupid so who knows.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So each felony count that leads to the death can result in a felony murder charge.

The false imprisonment lead to the murder.
      The agrivative assault with a deadly weapon (pointing gun at him) lead to the murder.

I belive there were 2 assault and 2 imprisonment charges that lead to the murder.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
        So each felony count that leads to the death can result in a felony murder charge.

The false imprisonment lead to the murder.
        The agrivative assault with a deadly weapon (pointing gun at him) lead to the murder.

I belive there were 2 assault and 2 imprisonment charges that lead to the murder.
        Yeah…that’s stupid. There was one attempted false improvement and one death. The assault lead to the death. One person died.

Conviction should be one count of attempted false imprisonment (all three) and one count of murder (felony or otherwise) for just the guy that shot him.

This type of legal garbage is the reason I’m leaning towards criminal reform. Now if I learn that it’s just so they can’t get off of one charge on a technicality, and the sentences must be concurrent, I will back off.
        Livin the dream

Comment

This type of legal garbage is the reason I’m leaning towards criminal reform. Now if I learn that it’s just so they can’t get off of one charge on a technicality, and the sentences must be concurrent, I will back off.
          I believe that is the case.

Comment

I guess this one won't get much media attention. Unless they start calling the perps a lynch mob. And that this is happening all over the country.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              I guess this one won't get much media attention. Unless they start calling the perps a lynch mob. And that this is happening all over the country.
              They said that at the time. Even the CNN article included states he was out jogging. It does not appear that was the case if I haven’t been mislead by my bubble.

Again, I think these guys committed a crime and deserve to go to prison…but
              Livin the dream

Comment

They said that at the time. Even the CNN article included states he was out jogging. It does not appear that was the case if I haven’t been mislead by my bubble.

Again, I think these guys committed a crime and deserve to go to prison…but
                ​​​Yes they do.

Father/son should get death penalty. life in prison without parole would suffice also.

Genuinely feel bad for Bryant. His attorney was a clown and did him no favors. Hopefully he gets a legitimate shot at appeal. Feels like his role should be more in line with a 5-10 year sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

​​​Yes they do.

Father/son should get death penalty. life in prison without parole would suffice also.

Genuinely feel bad for Bryant. His attorney was a clown and did him no favors. Hopefully he gets a legitimate shot at appeal. Feels like his role should be more in line with a 5-10 year sentence.
                  Why do you think the father and son should get the death penalty?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

​​​Yes they do.

Given that the prosecution didn't seek the death penalty, I don't think any of them will get it.

Comment

If I am ever in that position I would prefer a quickly and decisively delivered death penalty over life in a maximum security prison.

Comment

Not sure what the aiding and abetting penalties are in Georgia but in Kansas they are very severe and expansive. For example, if you purchase a gun that you know is intended to be used in a murder you will get the same charges as the guy who pulls the trigger, even if you weren't at the murder scene.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure what the aiding and abetting penalties are in Georgia but in Kansas they are very severe and expansive. For example, if you purchase a gun that you know is intended to be used in a murder you will get the same charges as the guy who pulls the trigger, even if you weren't at the murder scene.
                          That’s how they charged him. He assisted in the unlawful detainment (felony) and a murder was committed in the act of the felony.

That said, I find him to be the least guilty.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Why do you think the father and son should get the death penalty?
                            I see no reason why they deserve to live. Do you?

Hunting down a human for 5 min with your vehicle and using it as a cage to block him in, then executing his ass in broad daylight on a public road?? Not to mention the man had broken no laws. Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Given that the prosecution didn't seek the death penalty, I don't think any of them will get it.
                              You're correct in stating the District Attorney Office didn't seek the DP. They will receive life for their convictions in Georgia. The Judge will decide if it's life with or w/o the option of parole.

HOWEVER...they are also facing federal hate crime charges. If convicted, at least 2 of their charges are punishable by death.

Charges of interference with rights and attempted kidnapping could result in the death penalty, life in prison or another prison sentence length, and a fine, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That's a fair law, but doesn't fit Bryant. He had no clue they were going to kill Arbery. He just saw the chase and jumped in to film and likely back up the McMichael duo, but more as a tag a long without a clue than a conspirator in any way. I see him as possibly guilty of intimidation.

The problem is Arbery was executed and by Bryant being at all involved it was determined he committed a felony that directly led to a murder, thus he's tagged w felony murder. Personally, I believe the McMichaels would have killed Arbery regardless of Bryant's involvement.

IMO, the McMichael's took 2 lives that day. Bryant & Arbery.

Comment

Working...
                                X