No announcement yet.

Virginia Governor's Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that mail in votes were starting to be counted at 3pm this afternoon in Va. Early returns, starting after 6pm our time when the polls close there, are expected to reflect many of these mail in ballots and early voting.

Now, one would surmise that IF this information is accurate, then Terry McAuliffe likely will show an early lead. And if he doesn’t it could be a long night for the Dems, but again, that assumes facts not in evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      , that assumes facts not in evidence.
      nowadays, all elections are like that

Comment

I find it weird that I am actually interested in what happens in Virginia's gubernatorial election.

I have never went to the polls for the specific purpose of voting for school board members either.

Weird times.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Youngkin seems to be running slightly ahead. The problem is hard to tell for sure because early votes and election day votes are very mixed.

Comment

For nothing else, I just want to see Youngkin win so I can see how hard the media melts and cries out for voter fraud. The tears would be the most delicious thing ever.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A couple looks at Blue counties:

Brunswick (95% in ) - was +4.8% Biden in 2020, +4.7% for Democrats for 2021 [Good for McCaufe]
              Loudon (77% in) - was +15.2% Biden in 2020, +6.3% for Democrats for 2021 [Good for Youngkin]
              Mannasas (95% in) - was +14.4% Biden in 2020 , +10% for democrats in 2021 [Good for Youngkin]

Comment

Nate Silver of 538 says

I’d keep in mind that if results reported so far look slightly better for Youngkin, the pre-election polls also looked slightly better for him, as did the exit poll. So while it’s anybody’s race and all of these indicators are tenuous, they do tend to point in the same direction.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Nate Silver of 538 says
                  Nate Cohn says +1.8 for Youngkin projected win at moment.

Comment

Another sign of Democratic implosion in Virginia

It’s still early in Virginia House of Delegates races, but Democrats’ majority appears to be in danger. Republicans currently lead in 14 Democratic-held districts; they only need to flip six in order to take control.

Comment

Live Results can be tracked here. However, no analysis of where the votes are coming from and what that might portend.

https://redstate.com/redstatestaff/2...vernor-n468606

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Live Results can be tracked here. However, not analysis of where the votes are coming from and what that might portend.

https://redstate.com/redstatestaff/2...vernor-n468606
                        I am using these to follow:

Virginia governor election live results and updates 2021. Live election results by county as Democrat Terry McAuliffe runs against Republican Glenn Youngkin.

538 if you go down the page has reference benchmarks for county (to put each county vote in perspective.

Comment

Election analysts are not finding any bright spots for Mccaufe.

Comment

Hopefully, Winsome Sears can win the Lt. Governor race and Jason Miyares can capture the Attorney General race. Miyares running against an incumbent.

Comment

Total conspiracy theory post: Mail in ballots are delayed, for unknown reasons. Because they don’t know how many they need to count yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Total conspiracy theory post: Mail in ballots are delayed, for unknown reasons. Because they don’t know how many they need to count yet.
                                That may be conspiratorial but not sure it is theoretical.

Comment

Working...
                                X