Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

There are places north of you?
    Fairbanks is about 4.5-5 hours straight north.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Our favorite Mexican restaurant is now closed 2 days a week. The sign on the door says they cannot get staff because the government is paying people NOT to work.

I have seen a couple of fast food restaurants say their inside-dining is closed due to short staffing, but this is the first restaurant I have seen that blames the government.

Comment

So if you are a liberal business owner that can't find employees, are you in denial of the reason or are you honest with yourself?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

WSJ Podcast: Why is Everyone Quitting? Why Is Everyone Quitting? - The Journal. - WSJ Podcasts

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            WSJ Podcast: Why is Everyone Quitting? Why Is Everyone Quitting? - The Journal. - WSJ Podcasts
            Our governor doesn't see any proof of a correlation yet as you well know.

Comment

Isn't there a big difference from professionals quitting their job versus low-level or minimum wage folks? Most professionals would have a savings where they could step back and evaluate things. I doubt most low level workers would have that ability unless there was an outside factor that would provide the means.

Comment

Not much to evaluate. When your government will pay you more to sit on your butt and eat cheetos, you quit your job and surf the couch as long as you can.

Comment

Fast food is no longer fast, outside of Chik-Fil-a and certain McDonalds. Maybe the family owned Dairy Barn will make a comeback. I know I would pay extra for the service.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Fast food is no longer fast, outside of Chik-Fil-a and certain McDonalds. Maybe the family owned Dairy Barn will make a comeback. I know I would pay extra for the service.
                    Chik-Fil-a should run the government...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The extra government benefits are clearly a factor for many. The shock of all that happened in the workplace because of COVID is definitely another factor.

Comment

The extra government benefits are clearly a factor for many. The shock of all that happened in the workplace because of COVID is definitely another factor.
                        What do you mean by that? Serious question.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

ABC I don't follow?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

What do you mean by that? Serious question.
                            @ABC
                            If there are more details than were publicly reported that the governor didn’t support the State Chamber with their concerns, and the disrupted and interrupted supply chains, please PM me. I’d be confidential and interested.p in knowing.

Comment

Sorry for brevity. People are quitting their jobs at the highest rate in 20 or more years. I think working from home, among other things, has caused many people to rethink their careers. The extra benefits have also impacted many by incentivizing them to stay home. Listen to that WSJ podcast. Pretty interesting.

Comment

Unemployment rate is crazy low in many areas. I think that takes away the extra benefits as a sole reason since those on unemployment would be counted in the looking for work category. Savings rates went up and the market went up. A lot of boomers took the opportunity of higher savings and job dislocation to retire. A lot of Republican governors are putting the kibosh on extra benefits, so we'll see how much of a difference it makes. I bet some, but not much.

Workers demanding higher wages from their employers is capitalism. Since birth rates are falling I would get used to it until automation can start economically replacing some of these workers. Meantime, prepare for $10 value meals and fewer choices.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X