Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment

Too large of a sector of people are sitting on their asses, living off government paychecks while businesses are starving for workers. Inflation is skyrocketing and soon the government paychecks will stop. When that happens won't the job market see a 180 degree shift and people will desperately need jobs due to inflation? But surviving businesses will fill their needs quickly and won't have any.

People that are willing to work NOW and lock in a job are going to be WAY ahead of those that refuse to, won't they?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

My son sells into the Wichita area. He said that EVERY business he called on this last week was hiring., every single one.

Comment

qzqkpi9f0b071.pngqzqkpi9f0b071.png
      Attached Files

Comment

There are two certified killing floors in Alaska. One just had all it workers strike and they are now sitting on their asses collecting unemployment because the owner fired them. We can’t take beef or pigs there anymore and now have to take them north.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I was talking to a lady the other day who said she was a researcher working with universities (should have just walked away after hearing that). She claimed the unemployment excuse is a proven false storyline. She said people just realized their worth and don't want low paying jobs anymore. So I asked her what all of our former housekeepers are doing now to earn $50k a year since they are worth that. Deflected that of course.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
            I was talking to a lady the other day who said she was a researcher working with universities (should have just walked away after hearing that). She claimed the unemployment excuse is a proven false storyline. She said people just realized their worth and don't want low paying jobs anymore. So I asked her what all of our former housekeepers are doing now to earn $50k a year since they are worth that. Deflected that of course.
            If we were still on the gold standard, a loaf of bread would still be 50¢
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

If we were still on the gold standard, a loaf of bread would still be 50¢
              Correct me if I’m wrong, but I assume most people would also earn fewer dollars on the gold standard than their current salary.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I assume most people would also earn fewer dollars on the gold standard than their current salary.
                I would expect minimum wage to be under 4 dollars. Gold standard was a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  People don't want low paying jobs anymore? Well those same people better start investing in themselves through college or some other type of skill development. If people think salting the french fries at Wendy's equates to the same work as stitching up a 3 year old up with a cut finger then somebody is a world of hurt. You get what you give. There's always going to be jobs at the bottom of the chain. There's always a bottom.

I will say the cost of living has quickly outpaced wage earnings in a lot of areas, but not to the degree of California, Oregon, and Washington say they are.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

People don't want low paying jobs anymore? Well those same people better start investing in themselves through college or some other type of skill development. If people think salting the french fries at Wendy's equates to the same work as stitching up a 3 year old up with a cut finger then somebody is a world of hurt. You get what you give. There's always going to be jobs at the bottom of the chain. There's always a bottom.

I will say the cost of living has quickly outpaced wage earnings in a lot of areas, but not to the degree of California, Oregon, and Washington say they are.
                    Minimum wage should never be enough to live on. If it is, then there is no interest from the worker to be better. Minimum wage jobs should have high turnover as people use skills learned to move up, not be a career.

Comment

I haven't confirmed this, but I talked to a business owner in Great Bend, and he said a family of four would have received $96K in various government benefits over the last 12 months for not working; stimulus, child assistance, unemployment etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        There are two certified killing floors in Alaska. One just had all it workers strike and they are now sitting on their asses collecting unemployment because the owner fired them. We can’t take beef or pigs there anymore and now have to take them north.
                        There are places north of you?
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Earn fewer dollars? Possible. But those dollars would go a lot farther than they do now.

The purchasing power of your dollar is more important than the number of dollars you make.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            I haven't confirmed this, but I talked to a business owner in Great Bend, and he said a family of four would have received $96K in various government benefits over the last 12 months for not working; stimulus, child assistance, unemployment etc.
                            That Big R Party is going overboard with their bi partisanship. Oh, wait, it took 50 Democrat votes to get through the COVID stimulus bill through Reconciliation. Evidentially, the R’s played it wrong under Trump by going Bi Partisan each time on COVID Relief. Now the Democrat strategy seems to be a Bi partisan bill on a 1 Trillion Infrastructure bill (bridges. Broadband, and roads)and then add another 2-3 Trillion on additional Democrat priorities like a massive Child Care Bill all through Reconciluation without any R votes. We will see if there are any D Moderates soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Earn fewer dollars? Possible. But those dollars would go a lot farther than they do now.

The purchasing power of your dollar is more important than the number of dollars you make.
                              Yes, I agree. I was just pointing out that the cost of bread in dollars on the gold standard vs off the gold standard doesn’t tell the whole story as it doesn’t take into account wages under the same standard.

The idea is there, but it is misleading to anyone that doesn’t consider the full context and is insufficient to persuade someone that understands context but disagrees with the idea.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X