No announcement yet.

Teachers do more harm than cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who is pretty much "unplugged"........I had no idea the driver of the car that called the police officer a murderer was black, nor do I care.

I searched (admittedly, not very hard) for information regarding drugs in Floyd. wufan saying he had enough Fentanyl to kill a horse was the first time I had heard that.

I read a lot across the board, I watch a tiny bit of CNNHN in the morning, the local CBS affiliate KWCH and a tiny bit of the CBS national news. I also watch NHK Japan and BBC America.

And I never heard ANYTHING like drug use by Floyd.

The media can no longer be trusted, and it's not the fault of Trump, Conservatives or the Right. It's the fault of the media.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      So teachers are bad (worse than cops!11) (check), but I don't want to teach so... what?
      Private school if you can afford it. If you can't, spend quality time de-radicalizing your mal-educated child.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Private school if you can afford it. If you can't, spend quality time de-radicalizing your mal-educated child.
        Seriously. I have no intentions on subjecting my child to state-run indoctrination centers. Someone with an agenda will always be educating your child. Just make sure it's your agenda.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Isn't the point of education to be somewhat agenda-less?

Is perhaps the "liberal slant" of your average teacher a function of what makes them able to relate to a variety of pupils from a variety of different backgrounds?

Comment

No.

Comment

Is perhaps the "liberal slant" of your average teacher a function of what makes them able to relate to a variety of pupils from a variety of different backgrounds?
              Nope!
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Perhaps that's the point in fantasy land, but here on earth, it isn't.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  As someone who is pretty much "unplugged"........I had no idea the driver of the car that called the police officer a murderer was black, nor do I care.

I searched (admittedly, not very hard) for information regarding drugs in Floyd. wufan saying he had enough Fentanyl to kill a horse was the first time I had heard that.

I read a lot across the board, I watch a tiny bit of CNNHN in the morning, the local CBS affiliate KWCH and a tiny bit of the CBS national news. I also watch NHK Japan and BBC America.

The media can no longer be trusted, and it's not the fault of Trump, Conservatives or the Right. It's the fault of the media.
                  Really? I knew about it the same week. Apparently he was foaming at the mouth, which is the classic tale tale sign.

Also, the defense presented another angle to the video that showed Chauvin’s knee in Floyd’s back, between the shoulder blades.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Perhaps that's the point in fantasy land, but here on earth, it isn't.
                    Have you ever wondered if the narrative that your average teacher is biased towards Leftist ideologies was created and spread by those who look through the lens of your typical Rattlesnake Baptist Church member? Do you not think an orthodox Muslim parent would also hold some very strong, opposing opinions? Perhaps the average teacher is just taking the middle ground to... once again, be able to relate to the largest audience possible.

Comment

This column is written as a complement to the column “Why Some Teachers are Conservative,” by fellow TER writer Jeremy Adams. When the Harrisburg Patriot-News and Washington Post declared teaching the “most liberal job in America,” one would be hard-pressed to find a reader overcome with shock and surprise. In fact, maybe this has become […]

Comment

Perhaps the average teacher is just taking the middle ground to... once again, be able to relate to the largest audience possible.
                        Right, all public school 5th grade home room teachers need to explain to children why Democrats are better than Republicans, because -- hey -- that's the MidDLe GRouNd!

Comment

A California teacher who was caught on video berating students over their parents’ distance-learning complaints during a Zoom class has been placed on administrative leave. San Marcos High School t…

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We can disagree but when Floyd was no longer a threat, he should have taken his knee off of his neck. I’m not supporting or criticizing the 2nd degree Murder charge. That charge may have been unfair and over charged. Manslaughter may have been more fair but imo he still went too far. Not all police mistakes in the heat of the moment should have criminal charges, but Egregious decisions that show a person who likes power goes too far.

I have a neighbor who was a former policeman Whose partner called for police help because he was verbally and physically ( minor physical abuse) abusing her. While the police were dealing with the incident inside the house, I met her parents down the block who were terrified for her safety. From the information they gave me, it is a good thing, that the man was no longer a policeman who could extend his power over others as a conveyor of safety over our community.

while most police are great, Some policemen shouldn’t be in the job.
                            I saw the video too, and it was tragic and gut wrenching. When the rest of the story came out, the truth became clear.

Chauvin didn’t have his knee on his neck. He performed a restraint that was approved by his department at the time he was trained. One of the use of force experts for the prosecution stated he had used this same maneuver.

Your story about another police officer does not apply to the guilt or innocence of this one.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Right, all public school 5th grade home room teachers need to explain to children why Democrats are better than Republicans, because -- hey -- that's the MidDLe GRouNd!
                              Maybe in the context of Biden vs. Trump they would be right? Just sayin'...

But no, that shouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

His drug dealer in the car sold him a weeks worth of drugs. Floyd took them all to avoid the possession charge. He died of an over dose.

That doesn’t mean Chauvin did nothing wrong, but he didn’t kill Floyd, whom said he couldn’t breathe about a dozen times before he was even restrained.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X