Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patagonia
    @patagonia

Actions speak louder than words. We’re donating $1 million to groups working to defend our democracy and your right to vote.

Dana Loesch
    @DLoesch

Patagonia has 13 factories in China, which has internment camps, forced labor, and literally no democracy — and that’s OK — but Georgia expanding access is just TOO FAR, MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Patagonia
      @patagonia

Actions speak louder than words. We’re donating $1 million to groups working to defend our democracy and your right to vote.

Dana Loesch
      @DLoesch

Patagonia has 13 factories in China, which has internment camps, forced labor, and literally no democracy — and that’s OK — but Georgia expanding access is just TOO FAR, MAN.
      All the major companies are like that. Won’t do business with Georgia, but Iran and China are okay!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Soooo Georgia is racist????
        Like the entire state? I’m gonna say no, but I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

My pronouns are in my bio.
          I looked just now and didn’t see. Sorry if I misunderstood or offended you.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Lot of effort given for wanting to “stay out of the way”.

And like it or not RMS, you’re not center. You’re undoubtedly left of center. Hope that doesn’t offend you, but it does seem to bother some people, like Cold for instance, for just admitting that they sit on the left side of the aisle. It’s a weird insecurity thing that I get but don’t get.

There’s been just as much name calling and virtue signaling on the left side of the fence here too. Maybe it’s you that doesn’t like that there are so many opinions that are opposite of yours that you can’t stand and you are feeling bothered by it. Another example that you are left of center.
            Sounds like you’re really confident in that, you must know me pretty well off SN.

Come have a beer with me sometime, I’m in Wichita several times a year. We’ll chat and then we’ll see what you think. Maybe you’ll consider me center left on a lot of things, and that’s ok. I doubt you’ll think I’m super liberal, but that’s your opinion and that’s fine too—as long as you’re cool with that. You may be surprised on how much we actually agree. It’s pretty hard to judge someone through their anonymous persona on an internet message board.

(Oh and apologies for further posting—I know I said I wouldn’t. I figured these replies were worthy of further engagement. PM me if you have the stones to meet up and solve the world’s problems over a beer or two.)
            Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; April 7, 2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Right...it’s not a big deal. So why is the Georgia law racist and Colorado is not? That’s the argument.
              Cause EVERYTHING is racist the last few years. Hell my right nut hangs lower than my left nut and they're arguing every day about it!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Like the entire state? I’m gonna say no, but I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking.
                He asked if Georgia was racist.

I’ll spell it out for you. He’s referring to President Biden who called the Georgia voting law (which expanded early voting precincts, and early voting days, but requires an ID to vote) a Jim Crow law. It’s as though, no blacks drive a car, travel on an airplane, pay taxes, attend school, have a banking account, vote, etc. so they can’t have an ID. That means that Joe Biden is calling Georgia elected Representatives Racists.

Now Jim Crow laws refer back to the 1950’s before The Civil Rights, and Voting Rights Federal Laws. During the Jim Crow era, many states had separate water fountains for Blacks and Whites, separate bathrooms, separate public swimming pool days for black/white kids, some places required blacks to ride in the back of the bus, and give up their seats to White people if there weren’t any seats, blacks weren’t allowed to eat in some restaurants, etc.

Read the Georgia Law which is basically not allowing cheating, but does not restrict voting, and is surely not even close to a Jim Crow law. But today, Biden, Democrats, etc. refer to everything and everyone they disagree with as racist. It’s their go to position when they don’t have a case.
                Last edited by Shockm; April 11, 2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I was talking to my left leaning friend this weekend. While not calling it racist, he stated that the problem with the Georgia law was that the state gov could users the county electoral board (with due process) and worried that the Republicans would use this law with dubious intent. He did not think it was racist.

Has anyone else heard much about this? I hadn’t.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I was talking to my left leaning friend this weekend. While not calling it racist, he stated that the problem with the Georgia law was that the state gov could users the county electoral board (with due process) and worried that the Republicans would use this law with dubious intent. He did not think it was racist.

I duuno what this means

Comment

Ari Fleischer

@AriFleischer
                      ·
                      Apr 10
                      This is a good time to remind people why many Ds resist safeguards in elections. Stacey Abrams declared in 2018 she would not oppose allowing illegal immigrants a vote in local elections. That’s where this ends. People who aren’t citizens get to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I duuno what this means
                        Sorry. The state could remove the county electoral board.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I hadn't heard about this and would be interested in finding out what the concerns are, but isn't Atlanta where there were shenanigans going on during the vote counting process? They were accused of breaking the Georgia voter laws by kicking out Republican Poll Watchers, moving the counting away from Republican poll watchers so they couldn't monitor properly, and counted ballots after they supposedly closed down the poll. If the Counties don't obey the laws, that may be what concerned the state legislature. With voting, if cheating happens, there is little to remedy it afterward.

After the election, the voting supervisors just say that these irregularities didn't change the outcome, and weren't wide spread, and to get over it. A possible answer without knowing all of the circumstances.

Comment

Moving the All-Star game may have been a good idea anyway given how their fans react at times. Atlanta fans threw trash on the field last night in the top of the 9th after Alec Bohm was called safe at home on a sac fly and the replay official upheld the call even though it seemed to show Bohm never touched the plate. The Braves shortstop ripped into the fans after the game - https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-b...APUAX4ZU7UR5A/ Here's a video of the play at the plate - https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...31603012853760
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

It should be insulting to minorities that these politicians don't think they are smart enough to vote properly. That is what is asinine about the whole thing.

Comment

How on earth was the call upheld?
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X