Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    How on earth was the call upheld?
    He slid, spun, and bounced out of there so fast. Haa! Clearly did not touch the plate.

Alec Bohm slides home safely, and the call stands following a review, giving the Phillies a 7-6 lead in the top of the 9th inning

Comment

Reviews like that make you wonder why they even bother. Multiple angles show he completely missed the plate. I'm not even sure how the umpire missed it. I know it's fast in real time, but he was unobstructed and not sure how he saw him ever reach home when it didn't happen.

I get why ATL fans were irate. Not that it excuses throwing things, but that was butchered horribly.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Alec Bohm's a stud!
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I switched over to watch the game for a bit. Fucryinoutloud, they are honoring Hank Aaron!! It's an absolute crime that they moved this game out of Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I switched over to watch the game for a bit. Fucryinoutloud, they are honoring Hank Aaron!! It's an absolute crime that they moved this game out of Atlanta
            Yep. That was exactly why it was soooooooo stupid to move it out of ATL. I remember reading about Hank being honored and thinking how cool the game was to be played in ATL at the time. Then the far left got in the way. Pretty lame. Of course no mention of Hank's honoring on MSM after they decided to move the game. Otherwise I would think there would be a lot of Atlanteins and baseball fans pi##ed and calling for racism. No wonder they kept that quiet. Dumbasses...
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
            X