MLB removes all-star game and draft from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

“We don’t need to apologize for making it easier to vote and harder to cheat.”

-------- Georgia Governor Brian Kemp

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        I haven't read the bill. What about the bill was racist? Did they institute a poll tax on blacks or something?
        All people of color are separated out, lined up, and shot.

At least what I read on The Atlantic.

Comment

In 2005, Republicans in Georgia’s state legislature enacted no-excuse absentee voting under state law, in the face of objections from Georgia’s Democrats, who contended voting by that method would “open the door wide to opportunities for voter fraud.”

Comment

This was a voter rights bill. Basically, present an ID and you are guaranteed your vote will be counted.
            Livin the dream

Comment

So MLB has moved the All Star game to Colorado. It's my understanding that they require photo ID and signature verification for mail in ballots. Isn't this essentially what Georgia is being blasted over? Maybe there are a few deeper issues that few, if any, are actually talking about.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                So MLB has moved the All Star game to Colorado. It's my understanding that they require photo ID and signature verification for mail in ballots. Isn't this essentially what Georgia is being blasted over? Maybe there are a few deeper issues that few, if any, are actually talking about.
                Yes. I've read that CO's long-standing (read: not an active topic in the MSM) voter requirements are stiffer than GA's new voter requirements per this irrationally provocative bill.

Pretty damn hilarious.

Comment

If I saw this right, MLB took the game out of a community that is 51% black and put the game in one that is 9% black.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    If I saw this right, MLB took the game out of a community that is 51% black and put the game in one that is 9% black.
                    Denver may be the whitest major city in the country.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So to clarify, no, CO does not have photo ID requirements for mail in ballots. From what I understand of the GA law, our mail ballot rules are not more restrictive than GA. It's pretty easy here--I've never actually stepped foot in a voting precinct since I moved here in 2007, and I doubt I ever will. No hassle at all to vote.

Edit: Oh, and we're thrilled to have the All Star game. I'm pretty excited. Hope to score some tickets!
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        $100 million worth of economic impact, a lot of it to minority-owned businesses, gets shipped out to Whitetown, Colorado.

Excellent job MLB! I seriously can’t stop laughing at the moronic nature of these corporations instilling their political views into everything. And then shooting their own selves in the feet with hypocritical backfires and alienating half of their fanbase. It’s absolutely hilarious.
                        Last edited by ShockerFever; April 6, 2021, 02:51 PM.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

$100 million with of economic impact, a lot of it to minority-owned businesses, gets shipped out to Whitetown, Colorado.

Excellent job MLB! I seriously can’t stop laughing at the moronic nature of these corporations instilling their political views into everything. And then shooting their own selves in the feet with hypocritical backfires and alienating half of their fanbase. It’s absolutely hilarious.
                          It's all being done to placate the woke base with absolutely zero fact to support anything in the voting bill that "suppresses" the minority vote. It's complete nonsense that is being politicized by the left, like everything they do. What is ironic is they are actually hurting their own base the most by calling for boycotts and having the game leave the state. However, they are too dense to realize it.

Comment

https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/ele...servicechamber

Colorado does require ID to vote in person and to register to vote by mail.

If you didn’t provide ID when you registered, then you broke the law.
                            Last edited by wufan; April 6, 2021, 04:49 PM.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Isn't this the very essence of "shooting off your nose to spite your face"?

There are some very stupid, spineless people making important decisions.

Idiocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/ele...servicechamber

Colorado does require ID to vote in person and to register to vote by mail.

If you didn’t provide ID when you registered, then you broke the law.
                                It appears that Georgia requires a valid signature for a person who votes by mail within this law, and Colorado does too (one democrat and one Republican who evaluate/verify each signature).

Comment

Working...
                                X