Evergy Announces Emergency Rolling Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone needs some pro-tips, my inbox is nearly empty
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I’m don’t install furnaces, but my understanding is that heat pumps are rarely installed now. In fact, the installer I talked to said they were trash.
      https://www.uniqueheatingandcooling....20alternatives.

He's probably talking about the earlier generations. Would you believe that my unit (barely two years old) has not switched to emergency heat during this entire storm? I honestly don't understand how it's possible. I keep it at 69f during the day. Just for fun I switched over to emergency heat for a day and didn't notice a difference in performance or comfort.

Comment

SPP.org just went Alert Level 2. Which means they are still able to meet the needs of customer, but they are not meeting their reserve requirements. Expect them to go to Level 3 in the morning and start the rolling blackouts again.

Comment

Governor Kelley just got off the phone with President Biden to discuss the extreme weather Kansas is facing. President Biden assured her he will do everything possible to support Kansas until we are through this emergency.

Do you all feel better? Biden evidently going to take a longer nap.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Governor Kelley just got off the phone with President Biden to discuss the extreme weather Kansas is facing. President Biden assured her he will do everything possible to support Kansas until we are through this emergency.

Do you all feel better? Biden evidently going to take a longer nap.
            Glad she caught him before he threw another log on the fire.

Comment

Meghan C. Long
              @AlexM8806
              ·
              6m
              Replying to
              @evergypower
              My heat is electric and I have a cat. I keep it under 70 because it gets too hot! Don't F with my electricity. Get the people that use gas for their heat! And people food in the fridge?

LITERALLY cannot make this **** up.

Comment

One thing that looks like that has precipitated this crisis is that Texas started shutting down power plants because the price of natural gas were skyrocketing and they didn't want to lose money. The Texas Public Utility Commission (2/15/21) gave approval for the electric companies to start passing on to their customers the spot market prices. So now they will bring those plants back online.

Comment

What facts exactly?

Are they getting the expected power from wind and solar right now, or has the weather compromised some of those venues?

They are getting record demand for FEBRUARY, not for the year. August demand is FAR greater, no matter what Cold tells you. This is a generational demand. If you believe they (every power grid) should be prepared 24/7/365 for a once a lifetime week long event, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Watched that ignorant ****tard Chuck Todd try to blame climate change on this, just a warning shot of what's to come. He, and others like him, are a special kind of stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    What facts exactly?

Are they getting the expected power from wind and solar right now, or has the weather compromised some of those venues?

They are getting record demand for FEBRUARY, not for the year. August demand is FAR greater, no matter what Cold tells you. This is a generational demand. If you believe they (every power grid) should be prepared 24/7/365 for a once a lifetime week long event, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Watched that ignorant ****tard Chuck Todd try to blame climate change on this, just a warning shot of what's to come. He, and others like him, are a special kind of stupid.
                    Roughly 62% of the offline energy is thermal (gas, coal, nuclear).

Why bother to look it up when it’s easier to just randomly insult Chuck Todd.

They didn’t heed the warnings of 2011, 1989 and winterize every energy source whether it’s thermal or renewable.

There are probably people going to die and we have idiots on both sides turning this into into a political issue as usual. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Roughly 62% of the offline energy is thermal (gas, coal, nuclear).

Why bother to look it up when it’s easier to just randomly insult Chuck Todd.

They didn’t heed the warnings of 2011, 1989 and winterize every energy source whether it’s thermal or renewable.

There are probably people going to die and we have idiots on both sides turning this into into a political issue as usual. Congratulations.
                      do you think Chuck Todd would consider "fukktard" an insult?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Probably the nicest thing anyone said about him in a while

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

No. He knows it's true...

I'll add briefly; c. todd is a total lemming and embarrassing just to watch. Cringe worthy. He needs a therapist really bad, to say nothing of a good barber.

Heavy, man...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I'll add briefly; c. todd is a total lemming and embarrassing just to watch. Cringe worthy. He needs a therapist really bad, to say nothing of a good barber.

Heavy, man...
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Heavy, man...
                              Hold on to that hairline man!!!! Keep combing it forward....nobody notices!!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Hold on to that hairline man!!!! Keep combing it forward....nobody notices!!
                                Unsightly, isn't it?

And also, sorry to derail this thread, but is it just me, or when he's listening to others' speak his mouth is constantly open. Almost like he's breathing through his mouth. Like this:

... or this:

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 17, 2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X