No announcement yet.

Ford Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like schmidt. Terrible and pathetic.
    Last edited by ABC; February 6, 2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      That looks like schmidt. Terrible and pathetic.
      But it's bulletproof.

Here's another concept they're working on. Much easier on the eyes no?

Muddin' in the silence of electric power would be weird - unnerving even... particularly when your frame was grinding over rocks and such. In that situation the roar of an I.C.E. would be emotionally protective.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

But it's bulletproof.

Here's another concept they're working on. Much easier on the eyes no?

Muddin' in the silence of electric power would be weird - unnerving even... particularly when your frame was grinding over rocks and such. In that situation the roar of an I.C.E. would be emotionally protective.
        Let me know when you buy one. That seriously looks like a pile of dog crap. Good luck! My grandkids will have world about the same as me.

Comment

Anyone reserve one?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            I think I am getting a full Bronco (not sport) with the removable top for my wife as soon as I can. If there is a Shockernetter who wants to sell me one, let me know !
            My buddy owns Raber Ford in Wellington (and Winfield Motors Dodge/Jeep/Ram). He’s a good dude!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

My buddy owns Raber Ford in Wellington (and Winfield Motors Dodge/Jeep/Ram). He’s a good dude!
              I used to work for Jeff and his dad in Winfield. Good times.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If he can get me a Bronco, he will be my buddy too!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I used to work for Jeff and his dad in Winfield. Good times.
                  They were my neighbors growing up. I’ve known Jeff since before he could drive.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

All this talk about "buddies" at car dealerships... l m f a o

Never walk up to a car salesman and tell him you are there by referral, you will get eaten alive. Take it from somebody with past experience in the sales industry; referrals pay better than any other type of prospect.

Try this introduction instead: Mr. Salesman, I'm friends with your _ _ _ _ _ and he/she said you'd treat me right. Now don't make a liar out of them *wink* *wink* *mild chuckle*. That makes it clear that you aren't there on blind faith and there might be repercussions if treated typically (typically means poorly).

Or you can just walk into the store emotionless, w/ homework in hand, and be prepared to walk out at a moment's notice if you start feeling uncomfortable or the lies become glaring.

I'm the guy that will go into a dealership with a friend, family member, or girlfriend just because I get off on consumer advocacy. I will do it for free.

Every car salesman/dealership deserves to make a profit, but if you attempt to deceive in order to "earn" that profit, you will be the one that pays.

Comment

All this talk about "buddies" at car dealerships... l m f a o

Never walk up to a car salesman and tell him you are there by referral, you will get eaten alive. Take it from somebody with past experience in the sales industry; referrals pay better than any other type of prospect.

Try this introduction instead: Mr. Salesman, I'm friends with your _ _ _ _ _ and he/she said you'd treat me right. Now don't make a liar out of them *wink* *wink* *mild chuckle*. That makes it clear that you aren't there on blind faith and there might be repercussions if treated typically (typically means poorly).

Or you can just walk into the store emotionless, w/ homework in hand, and be prepared to walk out at a moment's notice if you start feeling uncomfortable or the lies become glaring.

I'm the guy that will go into a dealership with a friend, family member, or girlfriend just because I get off on consumer advocacy. I will do it for free.

Every car salesman/dealership deserves to make a profit, but if you attempt to deceive in order to "earn" that profit, you will be the one that pays.

What you’re doing is called, “the third base coach”. You aren’t playing a he game but you make the decision on whether or not to send the runner home or have him hold at second base. Not saying it’s good or bad, but it blows up a lot of deals.

5 of the 7 vehicles I’ve purchased in the last 20 years have been from Jeff or his dad. Obviously I trust them, but the reason I buy there is b cause we have a relationship. I call him, tell him what I want and what I’m trading. He finds the vehicle, gives me the out the door price and I say yes or no. If yes, I go down, sign the already printed paperwork, chat for a few minutes and off I go.

I could surely save $8 a month if I wanted to spend 6-10 hours at a dealership with someone I didn’t know, but I always feel good about dealing with people with which I have a relationship.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

What you’re doing is called, “the third base coach”. You aren’t playing a he game but you make the decision on whether or not to send the runner home or have him hold at second base. Not saying it’s good or bad, but it blows up a lot of deals.

5 of the 7 vehicles I’ve purchased in the last 20 years have been from Jeff or his dad. Obviously I trust them, but the reason I buy there is b cause we have a relationship. I call him, tell him what I want and what I’m trading. He finds the vehicle, gives me the out the door price and I say yes or no. If yes, I go down, sign the already printed paperwork, chat for a few minutes and off I go.

I could surely save $8 a month if I wanted to spend 6-10 hours at a dealership with someone I didn’t know, but I always feel good about dealing with people with which I have a relationship.
                        Like I said, I get off on being the "consumer advocate". I don't intend on making anybody's business day difficult. Think of me more as a referee than a third base coach. I sit quietly until the games start and then I change the power dynamic (if asked). In my own personal business dealings, if I am treated the way I treat others (honestly), I will promote that individual any opportunity I can. But if I'm deceived, I will make them wonder why they ever got out of bed that morning.

The outcome of a car purchase (particularly w/ a trade-in) can come to a helluva lot more than $8 a month. Oh, and of course you never discuss payments early on. Stick to the price. The salesman isn't even the chief deceiver any longer, that title lies with the "finance manager". Holy God I've had all the tricks in the book pulled on me by those turkeys. But my last purchase was the smoothest by far; it was an out-of-town deal and I negotiated by text.

It's trench warfare out there buddy - a game of asymmetrical information. And if you need a friend, get a dog. :)

Comment

Like I said, I get off on being the "consumer advocate". I don't intend on making anybody's business day difficult. Think of me more as a referee than a third base coach. I sit quietly until the games start and then I change the power dynamic (if asked). In my own personal business dealings, if I am treated the way I treat others (honestly), I will promote that individual any opportunity I can. But if I'm deceived, I will make them wonder why they ever got out of bed that morning.

The outcome of a car purchase (particularly w/ a trade-in) can come to a helluva lot more than $8 a month. Oh, and of course you never discuss payments early on. Stick to the price. The salesman isn't even the chief deceiver any longer, that title lies with the "finance manager". Holy God I've had all the tricks in the book pulled on me by those turkeys. But my last purchase was the smoothest by far; it was an out-of-town deal and I negotiated by text.

It's trench warfare out there buddy - a game of asymmetrical information. And if you need a friend, get a dog. :)

You aren’t a consumer advocate. You’re a third base coach, and as negotiating a car deal is trench warfare for you, I can see where “other opinion” you have are blown way out of proportion.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

You aren’t a consumer advocate. You’re a third base coach, and as negotiating a car deal is trench warfare for you, I can see where “other opinion” you have are blown way out of proportion.
                            But I AM a consumer advocate! I could write a book w/ all the stories I have. It's driven partly by altruism, guilt, and ego.

While you may have missed the joke about being in the trenches, there truly is a warfare of sorts going on in the marketplace. Some of it is healthy and some of it is not. My curse is that I see all angles... immediately. In merchandising and sales, dishonesty is the quickest and most effective hook. Why earn somebody's sale when you can just lie. In far too many cases it's not whether or not you deceive but how. Take for example a box of popular high-sugar cereal. Perhaps the unhealthiest thing you could feed your kid - or yourself. ;) In bold bright letters at the top it states: "GLutEn FrEE!!1". Now what are they trying to do there? It's quite simple, they are assisting the customer (subconsciously) in alleviating their guilt in purchasing such unhealthy fare by giving them an excuse using a popular "health" buzz word. A very clever manipulation. Same goes for all the wonderful added vitamins and minerals they paste across the box. Nevermind the fact that it is perhaps one of the highest "food" sources of sugar per oz in the store. It's like a bowl of rat poison w/ kale sprinkled on top.

Much of the labeling we have today on products is thanks to government organizations like the FDA. Many industries have fought tooth and nail to keep things like harmful trans fats from being listed. They compromised on being allowed to say 0 trans fats even if the product has <.5 grams per serving. Serving sizes on many items are not realistic in order to facilitate another time-honored deception of appearing lower in calories than their competitors or another food choice. So when the average person has a bowl of ice cream they may be eating 5 servings equating to multiple grams of trans fats. I'm not saying people don't have the right to eat as much trans fats as their heart desires or their arteries will tolerate, I'm saying people need clear and unobfuscated labeling so those of us that DO watch what we eat don't need a decoder ring every time we go shopping.

Another thing I saw the other day was two package quantities of the same product. One had the price and the per/unit price, the other didn't. Let's say it was $2.29 @ .02/each. The larger quantity package right next to it said "$2.79 each" leaving out the per unit price. Why would they do this? Because the larger "bulk" quantity (if you do the math) actually costs .04/each. A double deception as the consumer has been trained over the years to expect discounts w/ larger quantity purchases. Then the cherry on top is to not list both products on a per unit basis so a person actually has to divide the price by the quantity in their heads to compare. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

When I saw this I was tempted to contact the manager and let them know that this likely violates the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act. I did not. But if it remains the same the next time I go shopping, I will complain. I feel it's my duty as a market participant to behave in this way. These deceptions amount to billons of dollars of irrational purchases by consumers. A market distortion. I know this is being anal, and I don't do it all the time, but glaring examples of fraud trigger me and I have no fear of confronting those responsible. And I'm not an asshole about it, I just say, "that's not cool dude".

Here's one last story... I got a mailer from a local major car dealer saying I won blah blah blah. In fact, if I would only come to their store, I was guaranteed to receive one of 5 items (all were worth at least a few hundred to over $1k). I knew it was bullshit, but was one of the most egregious examples, so I was curious. I could not find the "catch" from the mailer. I called the number and was immediately greeted by an "interviewer" whose job was to extract as much info from me in as short amount of time as possible so as to create a "lead" for the dealership, or perhaps sell to another organization. Qualified leads can sell for as much as $100.00 ea. to the right buyer. I answered nothing and hung up. Eventually I found out by following a trail that led me online for further event "rules" that there was a limited quantity of items and if they are "out" (what do you think the odds of that are... >_< ) you get a ****ing key fob, or koozie, or something. I called the dealership and spoke to the general manager. I told him that because of this "promotion" I am far less inclined to ever visit his establishment than before I had received it. I said you might be tricking the masses, but just know that there are some very qualified buyers who are immensely turned off by these kind of promotions. He apologized and said he isn't in charge of the marketing and added that he agrees they are in poor taste...

Okay... THIS is the real last story. Mel Hambelton (I will gladly name this business because they are verified turkeys), once advertised a brand new car at an outrageously low price. I was quite a bit younger and took the bait. Once I arrived at the dealership I was directed to the car and came to find out it didn't have power windows or air conditioning. I just started laughing at the salesman and walked away. This was a new technique dealerships were doing to get you out on the lot. How it was effective in actually turning visitors into customers and not just pissing everybody off I will never know. Short memories I guess. That became a regular bait and switch for years but they were forced to start adding the vehicle ID because apparently someone would eventually buy the stripped auto and then people would scream that the dealer never had the car in the first place.

Okay, Monday morning rant over. Sorry Kung for adding a bunch of unrelated ramblings to your Bronco thread.

I AM, a consumer advocate!

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; February 8, 2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

But I AM a consumer advocate! I could write a book w/ all the stories I have. It's driven partly by altruism, guilt, and ego.

While you may have missed the joke about being in the trenches, there truly is a warfare of sorts going on in the marketplace. Some of it is healthy and some of it is not. My curse is that I see all angles... immediately. In merchandising and sales, dishonesty is the quickest and most effective hook. Why earn somebody's sale when you can just lie. In far too many cases it's not whether or not you deceive but how. Take for example a box of popular high-sugar cereal. Perhaps the unhealthiest thing you could feed your kid - or yourself. ;) In bold bright letters at the top it states: "GLutEn FrEE!!1". Now what are they trying to do there? It's quite simple, they are assisting the customer (subconsciously) in alleviating their guilt in purchasing such unhealthy fare by giving them an excuse using a popular "health" buzz word. A very clever manipulation. Same goes for all the wonderful added vitamins and minerals they paste across the box. Nevermind the fact that it is perhaps one of the highest "food" sources of sugar per oz in the store. It's like a bowl of rat poison w/ kale sprinkled on top.

Much of the labeling we have today on products is thanks to government organizations like the FDA. Many industries have fought tooth and nail to keep things like harmful trans fats from being listed. They compromised on being allowed to say 0 trans fats even if the product has <.5 grams per serving. Serving sizes on many items are not realistic in order to facilitate another time-honored deception of appearing lower in calories than their competitors or another food choice. So when the average person has a bowl of ice cream they may be eating 5 servings equating to multiple grams of trans fats. I'm not saying people don't have the right to eat as much trans fats as their heart desires or their arteries will tolerate, I'm saying people need clear and unobfuscated labeling so those of us that DO watch what we eat don't need a decoder ring every time we go shopping.

Another thing I saw the other day was two package quantities of the same product. One had the price and the per/unit price, the other didn't. Let's say it was $2.29 @ .02/each. The larger quantity package right next to it said "$2.79 each" leaving out the per unit price. Why would they do this? Because the larger "bulk" quantity (if you do the math) actually costs .04/each. A double deception as the consumer has been trained over the years to expect discounts w/ larger quantity purchases. Then the cherry on top is to not list both products on a per unit basis so a person actually has to divide the price by the quantity in their heads to compare. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

When I saw this I was tempted to contact the manager and let them know that this likely violates the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act. I did not. But if it remains the same the next time I go shopping, I will complain. I feel it's my duty as a market participant to behave in this way. These deceptions amount to billons of dollars of irrational purchases by consumers. A market distortion. I know this is being anal, and I don't do it all the time, but glaring examples of fraud trigger me and I have no fear of confronting those responsible. And I'm not an asshole about it, I just say, "that's not cool dude".

Here's one last story... I got a mailer from a local major car dealer saying I won blah blah blah. In fact, if I would only come to their store, I was guaranteed to receive one of 5 items (all were worth at least a few hundred to over $1k). I knew it was bullshit, but was one of the most egregious examples, so I was curious. I could not find the "catch" from the mailer. I called the number and was immediately greeted by an "interviewer" whose job was to extract as much info from me in as short amount of time as possible so as to create a "lead" for the dealership, or perhaps sell to another organization. Qualified leads can sell for as much as $100.00 ea. to the right buyer. I answered nothing and hung up. Eventually I found out by following a trail that led me online for further event "rules" that there was a limited quantity of items and if they are "out" (what do you think the odds of that are... >_< ) you get a ****ing key fob, or koozie, or something. I called the dealership and spoke to the general manager. I told him that because of this "promotion" I am far less inclined to ever visit his establishment than before I had received it. I said you might be tricking the masses, but just know that there are some very qualified buyers who are immensely turned off by these kind of promotions. He apologized and said he isn't in charge of the marketing and added that he agrees they are in poor taste...

Okay... THIS is the real last story. Mel Hambelton (I will gladly name this business because they are verified turkeys), once advertised a brand new car at an outrageously low price. I was quite a bit younger and took the bait. Once I arrived at the dealership I was directed to the car and came to find out it didn't have power windows or air conditioning. I just started laughing at the salesman and walked away. This was a new technique dealerships were doing to get you out on the lot. How it was effective in actually turning visitors into customers and not just pissing everybody off I will never know. Short memories I guess. That became a regular bait and switch for years but they were forced to start adding the vehicle ID because apparently someone would eventually buy the stripped auto and then people would scream that the dealer never had the car in the first place.

Okay, Monday morning rant over. Sorry Kung for adding a bunch of unrelated ramblings to your Bronco thread.

I AM, a consumer advocate!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I can see all of the Ford Bronco enthusiasts here. Well, I looked up History Ford Bronco and this came up. You have a lot to be proud of.

https://www.history.com/news/oj-simp...hase-where-now

Comment

Working...
                                X