Big Tech Cancel Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No, I don’t want to ban content for children. I just want proper supervision of content, web sites, chat rooms, and other social media that children don’t have the capacity to discern. I totally agree with your concerns regarding CRT and that curriculum should not be allowed to be taught.
    So you want to direct others how to supervise their children? Still part of the problem.
    Livin the dream

Comment

There is tons of research on how our kids mental health is declining right under our noses. As someone who has a background in this field, where 30 years ago, mental health difficulties were rare. Now, mental health problems are increasing exponentially.

https://time.com/5437607/smartphones...mental-health/

As i said, it’s not difficult to find this research. There are tons of it easily found. We know that some of the reasons for mental health declines include smart phones, social media, screen time, etc. This is not new. Mental health declines aren’t limited to smart phones, but they are one of the main culprits. Some kids do a good job of handling and establishing boundaries with the help of their parents, while others don’t, and many children don’t have intervening parents who counsel them. The problem is it’s difficult to tell for sure if children are being successful in navigating these issues until it is often too late.

Imo, we will continue to see the mental health of our children decline and the true consequences will not be known until the problems become too prevalent to rationalize.

Comment

I don’t know anything about her but I totally agree with you, t
        She worked on the Facebook team that censored the Hunter Biden story because it was "fake news". Their agenda here is to shut down liberty and they know that the media going to go all-in on this. She is going to Europe next to testify. They will eat this up. If she goes to Australia they will probably knight her.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

So you want to direct others how to supervise their children? Still part of the problem.
          I know if I had young children, I’d place some firm limits on tech use. Everything I’ve said is backed by mental health research. Even Big Tech executives supervise their technology and phone use.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tech...ve-jobs-2019-9

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

She worked on the Facebook team that censored the Hunter Biden story because it was "fake news". Their agenda here is to shut down liberty and they know that the media going to go all-in on this. She is going to Europe next to testify. They will eat this up. If she goes to Australia they will probably knight her.
            Her purpose may be to go after Conservatives. I don’t know. But I think Big Tech is more motivated by their bottom line instead of our kids.

Comment

Her purpose may be to go after Conservatives. I don’t know. But I think Big Tech is more motivated by their bottom line instead of our kids.
              Of course it is.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Her purpose may be to go after Conservatives. I don’t know. But I think Big Publicly Traded Companies are more motivated by their bottom line instead of our kids.
                FIFY

Comment

Gettr getting more popular after Joe Rogan invites all of his twitter users to join him on it - https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-taylor-greene
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    Gettr getting more popular after Joe Rogan invites all of his twitter users to join him on it - https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-taylor-greene
                    It’ll get shut down within a month.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                      Gettr getting more popular after Joe Rogan invites all of his twitter users to join him on it
                      Joe Rogan's name keeps coming up, but I don't know who he is. Is he a Fox News guy?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Joe Rogan's name keeps coming up, but I don't know who he is. Is he a Fox News guy?

Stand-up comedian, Fear Factor host, UFC color commentator, one of the most popular podcasts, somewhat of an actor.

Comment

Joe was in Wichita last month. It was good!
                          Last edited by wufan; January 4, 2022, 06:42 AM.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Joe's podcast is a must. Some others that are good that kind of all mingle together are Michael Malice and Lex Friedman (SP). They are guest based.

However the granddaddy of them all is No Agenda with Adam Curry (Yes that Adam Curry from MTV) and John C Dvorak. It is very good.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Joe's podcast is a must. Some others that are good that kind of all mingle together are Michael Malice and Lex Friedman (SP). They are guest based.

However the granddaddy of them all is No Agenda with Adam Curry (Yes that Adam Curry from MTV) and John C Dvorak. It is very good.
                              Michael Malice is a great guest on a variety of podcasts. He did one with Glen Beck a couple months ago that was really good. He and Lex, both fled the USSR as children, have some good discussions on Lex’s podcast as well.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Rogan is kind of a contrarian. He is probably a bit left of center, but doesn't hesitate to point out inconsistencies or any silliness from the left.

My problem is that his podcast to too long. I think it is 3 hours? The guy has talent, which reminds me of Rush Limbaugh. No matter what you thought about Rush, being able to talk for three hours, five days a week for decades and keep people tuned in is a unique talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X