Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 million isn’t that much.

Allegedly 7 million.

What values and traditions make up the Democratic Party? I see Joe and Kamala haven’t even been endorsed yet and they’re already spreading their “unity” message all around the airwaves like they’ve been promising for months.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Biden won California by more than 5 million votes alone. He won New York by 2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        If I may go back to the original topic and bypass discussion of individuals...

Do Republicans vote for Trump's endorsements in the next election or do they vote for traditional Republican values? Or do they not vote because they didn't get their guy on the ballot?

Has the Republican party given their party to Trump because he turned out the most voters they've ever had? To do that requires that they ignore the fact that the other side also turned out the most votes they ever had and his opponents votes were 7 million more than he got.
        I think the Republican Party is in absolute disarray. Where will they go? Who knows.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think the Republican Party is in absolute disarray. Where will they go? Who knows.
          I agree. It looks like the democrats have free reign to do whatever they want for the foreseeable future.

Comment

If the Republican Party plans to keep in the Trump line or fall back to what they were just prior to him, I hope they just go away. This country needs a party that isn't so pro big government
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              If the Republican Party plans to keep in the Trump line or fall back to what they were just prior to him, I hope they just go away. This country needs a party that isn't so pro big government
              Libertarian ideas have infiltrated both parties to varying degrees. I would like to see the Republican Party high-jacked by this thought, but not the Libertarian party as it stands now.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I agree. It looks like the democrats have free reign to do whatever they want for the foreseeable future.
                Too bad the Dems don't know what they want. Dems have a progressive faction and a centrist faction. That split is probably what got Trump elected. A lot of Dems stayed away from the polls in 2016 because they didn't get the candidate they wanted. Those voters went to the polls this year.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Libertarian ideas have infiltrated both parties to varying degrees. I would like to see the Republican Party high-jacked by this thought, but not the Libertarian party as it stands now.
                  The Republican Party isn't getting hijacked by libertarian ideals. The few that do get elected are consistently pushed down and ignored by the party as a whole. They have nearly no influence on anything when it comes down to it and because of this, those who love all things republican are constantly attacking them when they don't fall in line. Guys like Amash and Massie are way too few in numbers and will never gain an actual foothold in the party. They can only hope to be an ignored voice of reason. I have no faith in the Republican Party ever embracing smaller government on any real level. They will continue to grow government just like the Dems.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing in my adult life that suggests the party will ever change for the better.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The Republican Party isn't getting hijacked by libertarian ideals. The few that do get elected are consistently pushed down and ignored by the party as a whole. They have nearly no influence on anything when it comes down to it and because of this, those who love all things republican are constantly attacking them when they don't fall in line. Guys like Amash and Massie are way too few in numbers and will never gain an actual foothold in the party. They can only hope to be an ignored voice of reason. I have no faith in the Republican Party ever embracing smaller government on any real level. They will continue to grow government just like the Dems.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing in my adult life that suggests the party will ever change for the better.
                    I think this is an accurate retrospective take on what has happened. I HOPE that small gov ideals become the focus, but am also not optimistic on the idea. It is easier to hijack an existing party than to come through with a third.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I think this is an accurate retrospective take on what has happened. I HOPE that small gov ideals become the focus, but am also not optimistic on the idea. It is easier to hijack an existing party than to come through with a third.
                      I agree with that. But as previously stated, I think the Republican Party is a lost cause for small government ideals. I mean, they'll talk about it to get elected, but that's as far as it goes.

A 3rd party is a long shot, but until I see evidence otherwise, it's the best shot at small government changes/influences. I do with the US would go to ranked choice voting, or something similar, so we can get rid of the excuse of spoiler effects or people feeling forced to vote for the R or D candidate because a 3rd party has no choice, even though they actually like that 3rd candidate better. Anything that could potentially take the overwhelming power the two parties hold down a notch or seven.

But I also know that's a long shot.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree with that. But as previously stated, I think the Republican Party is a lost cause for small government ideals. I mean, they'll talk about it to get elected, but that's as far as it goes.

A 3rd party is a long shot, but until I see evidence otherwise, it's the best shot at small government changes/influences. I do with the US would go to ranked choice voting, or something similar, so we can get rid of the excuse of spoiler effects or people feeling forced to vote for the R or D candidate because a 3rd party has no choice, even though they actually like that 3rd candidate better. Anything that could potentially take the overwhelming power the two parties hold down a notch or seven.

But I also know that's a long shot.
                        I always liked the phrase, “Why vote for the lesser of two evils when you could vote for the lesser of three?”
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                        X