No announcement yet.

Georgia Senate Runoff Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ShockerNetters that live and work overseas??

Asking for myself.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I assume you mean not very hopeful for Perdue and Loeffler. I agree. Not looking good for the Republican candidates.
      Yes. However, in my opinion, it was even more important from a moderate stand point as what has happened may make even a moderate left shake in their boots.

Some here won't like the following. You can thank Trump's juvenile tweets and antics for this sweep. This comes from one that didn't vote for him the first time (first time I didn't go for a Republican candidate) to one who did the second time just out of this fear. His kind of crap might work on a TV show where he owns and runs the company. Unfortunately, he didn't (or couldn't) see the difference as President. If it had only been on his record as President, he would have won easily.

Comment

Trump giveth and he taketh away.

Comment

........there are dark days ahead......

Comment

Curious if any Rs now in the minority from blue or purple states switch parties. This is not unheard of in the Senate. Life in the minority is not as attractive.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Curious if any Rs now in the minority from blue or purple states switch parties. This is not unheard of in the Senate. Life in the minority is not as attractive.
              Maybe Joe Manchin from West Virginia becomes a Republican . And the left goes crazy

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

Maybe Joe Manchin from West Virginia becomes a Republican . And the left goes crazy
                Joe Manchin - the most powerful Senator

Comment

Man, is politics becoming that predictable? I was thinking the exact same yesterday when driving and bored. Joe has seemed to (barely) lean back to right the last couple of years. I suppose nothing should surprise us these days. Gridlock is always good Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

Maybe - but I only see that happening if senate democrats put forth a legitimate effort to get rid of the fillibuster rule. Which they will not.

More likely, Pat Toomey, Mitt Romney, Jon Tester, Joe Manchin, Murkowski, Collins et. al. come toegether to be some sort of bipartisan voting bloc/stopping ground for far left (and far right) ideas.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Maybe - but I only see that happening if senate democrats put forth a legitimate effort to get rid of the fillibuster rule. Which they will not.

More likely, Pat Toomey, Mitt Romney, Jon Tester, Joe Manchin, Murkowski, Collins et. al. come toegether to be some sort of bipartisan voting bloc/stopping ground for far left (and far right) ideas.
                      This is actually how things are supposed to work. Would be nice to see Senate deal with issues and figure out compromises again. It would be GREAT to see.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

This is actually how things are supposed to work. Would be nice to see Senate deal with issues and figure out compromises again. It would be GREAT to see.
                        Exactly. The democrats don't have a liberal mandate - even though they have all House, Senate, and Executive (as evident by their losses in the house) - but rather they have a centrist mandate. Arguably so do senate republicans.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I never like seeing any party have all three houses. It's not a good recipe for good and functional ideas. Though we're talking about the federal government, and there are rarely good and functional ideas regardless.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks!!!
                            My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.
                            He has his food prepared for him.
                            His meal are provided at no cost to him.
                            He visits the doctor once a year for his checkup and again during the year, if any medical needs arise.
                            For this he pays nothing, and nothing is required of him.
                            He lives in a very nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than he needs, but he is not required to do any upkeep.
                            If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.
                            He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep.
                            He receives these accommodations absolutely free.
                            He is living like a king and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
                            All of his costs are picked up by others who earn a living.
                            Yep, you guessed it, my dogs a congressman.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Exactly. The democrats don't have a liberal mandate - even though they have all House, Senate, and Executive (as evident by their losses in the house) - but rather they have a centrist mandate. Arguably so do senate republicans.
                              This is why Mcconnell is really the villain over the past decade. Many things that were popular with members of both parties never saw the light of day. I hope Schumer is better, but I do fear he'll look to settle scores.

Comment

I have no faith in Schumer being reasonable. Reasonable people aren't allowed in such positions any more.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X