X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYT says we have left 250,000 Afghans who worked with us

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Well, now 4 brave patriots, Marines, are dead.

Unleash ****ing hell. This absolutely cannot stand.
      In 1976, the Norks killed two American officers with axes in the DMZ who where overseeing tree trimming operation.

The U.S. completed the tree trimming with Operation Paul Bunyan. The 2nd engineer battalion (combat engineers) deployed and cut down the offending tree. North Korea responded with 200 armed soldiers. Then the U.S. had their attack helicopters air force assets out of sight, but then ordered them to show themselves to the Norks. Let me say it is impressive sight to see U.S. combat jets racing towards the NK border with afterburners on their simulated combat runs and then turning away at the last moment (for me it was with F-16, with them at the time it was probably F-4s).

The U.S. had the 2nd I.D. on alert and had deployed for support and defensive positions. In addition at the strategic level the U.S. deployed aircraft carriers with strike forces in the air. B-52's were launched and were loitering off the coast of NK and all the strategic assets in Japan were on alert.

The Norks decided this was not a fight they wanted and back down.

This is what should have happened in Afghanistan with the Taliban - we should have deployed overwhelming force and told the Taliban that if anything happened to one American or American/allied soldier then all hell would rain down on them.

It will take another president like Ronald Reagan to rebuild the U.S. reputation (I hope there is one out there).

Comment

I'm seeing that U.S. servicemen deaths are much larger than is being put out. I hope not but this is going to be double-figures.

Mogadishu

Benghazi

Kabul

They all happen out of weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I'm seeing that U.S. servicemen deaths are much larger than is being put out. I hope not but this is going to be double-figures.
          Last report I saw was 11 U.S. Marines and 1 Navy Medic. No telling how many AmCits were around the perimeter although apparently we knew this was coming as the State Department issued warnings to leave the area.

Comment

If we don’t take back the strategically necessary area for retreat tomorrow, Biden should be impeached.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Touching base on Vice President Kamala Harris's tour of Viet Nam, it appears that she has already visited Har Dong and Suk Muk Dik

Comment

Working...
              X