Final Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I didn't see it all, but I saw the Hitler remark and a few other Biden gaffes. What I saw of Trump was much better than the first debate, but I still don't like the guy. From my 15-20 minutes of watching, Trump won. Doesn't matter to me, I'm voting third party.
    JoJo is a racist.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Joe: C'mon Man!

Joe's problem is he has to pacify a bunch of loons on his side. He doesn't know which way to pee. If he pleases one side, he pisses off another side.

Plus he is an old man that should be sitting on his back porch enjoying the fruits of his corruption and keeping Hunter out of the spotlight.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Joe: C'mon Man!

Joe's problem is he has to pacify a bunch of loons on his side. He doesn't know which way to pee. If he pleases one side, he pisses off another side.

Plus he is an old man that should be sitting on his back porch enjoying the fruits of his corruption and keeping Hunter out of the spotlight.
        Posted in Biden thread, but fits here also...

P.S. Weekend at Bernie's was a hilarious flick.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Biden prides himself as being from the middle class. He always talks about it, and brags about it, and during his 47 years in Washington politics, people have almost always eaten it up.

In reality, Biden's a slimy, swampy, political crook who has become "rich"(and his family, including Hunter, and Biden's brothers have all become rich) off of the swamp. His family is in the long tradition of the Dailey's, Tweed's, Huey Long's, who benefited financially from their political alliances, and apparently, he has taken it a step further in gaining wealth from foreign entities such as Ukraine and China. Washington just moves on.

Trump hasn't benefited financially off of the Presidency, and that is quite abnormal, although, my personality would never motivate me to want to be President and his obviously did.

Trump fighting everyone is fine sometimes, but he needed to be this guy more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Biden prides himself as being from the middle class. He always talks about it, and brags about it, and during his 47 years in Washington politics, people have almost always eaten it up.

In reality, Biden's a slimy, swampy, political crook who has become "rich"(and his family, including Hunter, and Biden's brothers have all become rich) off of the swamp. His family is in the long tradition of the Dailey's, Tweed's, Huey Long's, who benefited financially from their political alliances, and apparently, he has taken it a step further in gaining wealth from foreign entities such as Ukraine and China. Washington just moves on.

Trump hasn't benefited financially off of the Presidency, and that is quite abnormal, although, my personality would never motivate me to want to be President and his obviously did.

Trump fighting everyone is fine sometimes, but he needed to be this guy more often.
            I agree that Trump may not have benefited financially from their political career in the way the Bidens and Obamas and countless GOPers. However, he does have some questionable actions such as using his personal companies for services being paid for by the government. That stinks to high heaven and he should avoid it 100%.

The thing about Trump is that I don't think his motivation was based on money and power. Obama in it for power. While I have no doubt that Trump relishes the power that he has as president and where he can, is not opposed to funneling some $$ to his company on the federal dime, money was not his purpose of becoming president.

I think he did it purely for ego purposes. He thinks he is the smartest person in the world and he wanted to prove to himself that he could accomplish the biggest challenge he could think of. That being said, I do believe that he saw/sees issues that he thought needed to be improved and also areas to exploit that can garner him votes. It was kind of a perfect time for Trump to get elected.

I am not surprised, but thought there was a chance that he would not seek re-election.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

However, he does have some questionable actions such as using his personal companies for services being paid for by the government. That stinks to high heaven and he should avoid it 100%.

The thing about Trump is that I don't think his motivation was based on money and power. Obama in it for power
              I agree with much of what you said, but

1. tell me specifically, about how Trump used his personal companies for services that were "paid for by the government". I'm not aware of that.

I know that Trump has donated his Presidential salary to charities (at least I know he doesn't keep it).
              I know that the Trumps real estate company have not been purchasing any additional properties overseas during his Presidency.
              I know that Obama has become a Millionaire plus some after he left the Presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I agree with much of what you said, but

1. tell me specifically, about how Trump used his personal companies for services that were "paid for by the government". I'm not aware of that.

I know that Trump has donated his Presidential salary to charities (at least I know he doesn't keep it).
                I know that the Trumps real estate company have not been purchasing any additional properties overseas during his Presidency.
                I know that Obama has become a Millionaire plus some after he left the Presidency.
                If he goes to one of his properties to stay, the staff expenses are paid to his property by the government.

Comment

Overall, the moderator did well, but this one did get my attention...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bottom line - do you want the government to tax the heck out of you and business' so they can take care of you and tell you
                    what you can and can't do? Or, would you rather keep more of your own hard earned money and be responsible for
                    yourself and your own family? Also, and very important, do you want your leader selling our country out to line his own
                    families pockets...........that would be the Biden crime family

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Overall, the moderator did well, but this one did get my attention...

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        I didn’t think Biden did horrible. I have my biases that made me yell BS at Biden, and he isn’t eloquent, but he didn’t totally crash. That’s my standard for him, and he did okay.
                        I agree. And that is all he needed to do. Only think that would have hurt him is if he had a meltdown.

Comment

If he goes to one of his properties to stay, the staff expenses are paid to his property by the government.
                          That doesn't sound like very much to me (but that's just me) and ALL Presidents who had money and went to their house took along Secret Service, etc. Trump just hasn't done much to profit himself from the actual Presidential office. Other Presidents didn't either because they already were wealthy, but I'm not sure I can think of a one who wasn't a politician besides Trump.

Comment

My only comment on the debate is that the format was significantly improved. I felt embarrassed for our country after the last debacle, and with the bar so low I think the candidates managed to clear most people expectations. It was probably Trump's general election debate, and one of Biden's better debates at least from a perspective of looking/sounding Presidential. Debates should have a similar format going forward: no audience, 2 minutes to make an initial answer to the prompt, 30s responses after that until it is time to move on to the next question with at most 10s for closing jabs.

I don't think it changed many minds, but that is true of debates in general. Only tuned in voters watch them, and tuned in voters pretty much know where they stand. Debates only reach disinterested/unlikely voters after the fact, via soundbites of gaffes or powerful moments, and I don't think the population of such voters is very high nor the gaffes particularly noteworthy to make a big impression on 2020's news cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              I don't think it changed many minds, but that is true of debates in general.
                              I think I agree that this debate didn't matter in the long run because everyone has made up their mind, but not sure if I agree about that being universally true.

The one thing that became clear to me is that Biden is stuck trying to push an old Obama/Biden agenda, and the world has changed out from under him. Nobody cares about that anymore. They care about coronavirus, violent protests, and getting the economy where it was pre-coronavirus.

Another unexpected thing that leapt out at me is how easily dishonest Biden is. Trump embellishes with hyperbole, but he shoots straight on the topic at hand and doesn't dance around trying to avoid it. Biden will straight up lie to win. Period. And that's really, really concerning. After last night, Biden scares me -- and I didn't feel that way before.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Joe Buyden says we don't subsidize wind energy, he says the USA was buddies with Hitler, he says nobody lost their insurance because of Obamacare.........does he actually believe these lies or does he even know what comes out of his mouth?

Comment

Working...
                                X