ACB Supreme Court Nomination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    She has the usual hallmarks of a Trump appointee/nominee of that gender. I know that sounds sexist, but his appointees/nominees think on their feet, are grounded, and bite back without coming off as a Karen. Nikki Haley, Sarah Sanders, Kayleigh McEnany- just to name a few. I’m not surprised by her wit.
    Why do you disrespect Nikki Haley as a Karen? Do you see anything negative about her? She is not white, blonde, or angry with her words. She is calculated by what she says, and imo has not basis to be included with that term. She did a great job as a Conservative in South Carolina, and this is a prejorative term that I would think the media or a left winger would try to hang on a conservative woman.

I personally think that for what the media puts them through, Sanders and McEnany have done a good job within impossible odds. But for sure Nikki Haley shouldn't be included in a group like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It was set up by Hirono yesterday when she asked Barrett if she had ever sexually assaulted anyone? Amazing question.
      Did she really ask that?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Did she really ask that?
        I think that the question said sexually harassed or sexually assaulted anyone.

Comment

Did she really ask that?
          Yep, she did.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Why do you disrespect Nikki Haley as a Karen? Do you see anything negative about her? She is not white, blonde, or angry with her words. She is calculated by what she says, and imo has not basis to be included with that term. She did a great job as a Conservative in South Carolina, and this is a prejorative term that I would think the media or a left winger would try to hang on a conservative woman.

I personally think that for what the media puts them through, Sanders and McEnany have done a good job within impossible odds. But for sure Nikki Haley shouldn't be included in a group like this.
            I took it that Haley, Sanders, McEnany were also examples of women like Barrett. not that they are "Karens".

Comment

You didn’t read my post correctly
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Did she really ask that?
                She did preface the question by stating that it is a question she asks of everyone that comes up before her.

Comment

I’ve been watching the hearing this morning, and while she does not surprise me, she continually impresses me, especially with her handling of Dick Durbin when he tried to put her on the ropes.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It was set up by Hirono yesterday when she asked Barrett if she had ever sexually assaulted anyone? Amazing question.

I had exactly the same thought. Weird to ask a devoutly Catholic wife and mom, with her kids sitting there, “Are you a rapist?” Mazie said she asks everyone that. I want to know how Joe answered.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      You didn’t read my post correctly
                      Glad to hear it. Not that I didn't read it correctly but that's not what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

She did preface the question by stating that it is a question she asks of everyone that comes up before her.
                        And it's a stupid question. It's like asking the losing coach in the post-game presser, "Coach, did you lose that game on purpose?".

Nobody is going to admit they did something like that during a Congressional hearing. What a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And it's a stupid question. It's like asking the losing coach in the post-game presser, "Coach, did you lose that game on purpose?".

Nobody is going to admit they did something like that during a Congressional hearing. What a waste of time.
                          Sadly, it was completely expected, especially from the mouth of Sen. Mazie Hirono, perhaps the most divisive current Senator, and almost without question the least intelligent person in the room. She defines clown show.

And why we're on the topic of incompetent Senators, Hey, Senator Leahy, the time has LONG SINCE come and gone for you to hang it up. Good gravy. I fully expected one of his staff to walk behind him and wrap a full bib around his neck and feed him his lunch pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Sadly, it was completely expected, especially from the mouth of Sen. Mazie Hirono, perhaps the most divisive current Senator, and almost without question the least intelligent person in the room. She defines clown show.

And why we're on the topic of incompetent Senators, Hey, Senator Leahy, the time has LONG SINCE come and gone for you to hang it up. Good gravy. I fully expected one of his staff to walk behind him and wrap a full bib around his neck and feed him his lunch pudding.
                            Georgetown needs to address how she managed to get a law degree.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Okay, that's funny right there!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Agree it was a dumb question. I just don't think it was a setup job.

Comment

Working...
                                X