X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

False Equivalence.

Actually, saying that to a white person that hates blacks because of their color would be appropriate. Dangerous, but appropriate.

Going up to a black person who is protesting because their best friend just got shot by a cop; AND THEY FEEL like they don't get a fair shake when it comes to interactions with cops relative to other races/minorities, and telling them "all lives matter"/"white lives matter" is insensitive, tacky, trolling, and... most likely dangerous.

It could also be construed as racist. I've had many racists come up to me and say "All Lives Matter". They say it as an act of defiance and dismission to another group who actually have a legitimate complaint in many cases. Racists are just upset over the fact that blacks are getting attention. They haven't reflected for one second on what it feels like to be black and pulled over by a cop.

Listen, I've had many conversations with cops, and some are very racist. Call it an occupational hazard from working the bad beats, but it is a reality... This one dude I was talking too many years ago said he chooses the toughest beats because he just loves giving it to those n***ers. Another guy called black female officers he shared a classroom with in academy, hood rats. I don't know what percentage of police officers are racist, but I can assure you it's higher than you will ever admit.
      Is it possible for a black person to be racist? Is it possible for a BLM person to be racist?

Is it ironic to you that the same group of people that feel they are being discriminated against then come back and blankety call all cops pigs, racists, and should die?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is it possible for a black person to be racist? Is it possible for a BLM person to be racist?

Is it ironic to you that the same group of people that feel they are being discriminated against then come back and blankety call all cops pigs, racists, and should die?
        Yes, but they have little power to "invoke" their racism on - white's for example. Whites have all the wealth - thus power. So yes, they can be racist, but it is different than white racism. Wolves don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep sorta deal.

It's one thing to talk about a black person/family that just had an unarmed drunk cousin shot down vs. a 21 yr. old white female SJW. The former should be given latitude to complain and protest, the latter should be paddled on their bottom and sent to bed without dinner.

You'll have to be specific on who's calling who names. If you just had your son shot by a cop you'd be looking for any and every angle to exact retribution (even if your son deserved it). The poor and uneducated are going to be more unruly and savage because that is the only recourse they feel they have.

Uphold the law and that includes property rights, but be compassionate because these people (the black BLM'rs) are truly angry.

You can take a fire hose to the white virtue-signalers for all I care.

Comment

Yes, but they have little power to "invoke" their racism on - white's for example. Whites have all the wealth - thus power. So yes, they can be racist, but it is different than white racism. Wolves don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep sorta deal.

It's one thing to talk about a black person/family that just had an unarmed drunk cousin shot down vs. a 21 yr. old white female SJW. The former should be given latitude to complain and protest, the latter should be paddled on their bottom and sent to bed without dinner.

You'll have to be specific on who's calling who names. If you just had your son shot by a cop you'd be looking for any and every angle to exact retribution (even if your son deserved it). The poor and uneducated are going to be more unruly and savage because that is the only recourse they feel they have.

Uphold the law and that includes property rights, but be compassionate because these people (the black BLM'rs) are truly angry.

You can take a fire hose to the white virtue-signalers for all I care.
          This is the CRT you just said wasn’t an issue. You don’t even realize how woke you are.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• On Aug. 15, 2017, President Donald Trump held a press conference to discuss an executive order he had signed on infrastr

He was very ambiguous at the time and he waited days to make a statement. He always hesitates on race questions before doing what should be automatic. Disavowing ALL groups that bring hate or violence into the equation. In fact, he should say the following the second he is asked the race bait question:

"I Donald Trump, disavow all people or organizations that seek to divide this country based on hate or violence."

That's it! Simple as that. Say it every time and say it immediately. You don't wait to be coerced, you don't wait 48 hrs. after a major racial riot, you don't say "stand back and stay ready" on live national television to what many perceive to be a white supremacy group. L M A O !

"I Donald Trump, disavow all people or organizations that seek to divide this country based on hate or violence."

He obviously hesitates on those questions for a reason. I think it's a political one. And it seems he almost made the correct bet (with regards to winning the election).

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

This is the CRT you just said wasn’t an issue. You don’t even realize how woke you are.
              I feel very awake brother, but not "woke". And I am not interested in adhering to any CRT core principles for the sake of it. If I have stumbled across a few of them it was by virtue of contemplation, introspection, and observation. I'm certain there are facets of every theory that are true at some point in time.

Would you actually attempt to debate the fact that the massive wealth advantage of whites doesn't create a competitive advantage in just about every aspect of living in America? Surely not. The real question is, what responsibility do whites have (if any) to "help a brutha out"? And if deemed to do so, would it not help society overall (rising tide lifting all boats sorta deal)? Or is it best to just follow the free-market principle of "sink or swim"? I don't have these answers, but I suspect it's a mixture of both. And thus we see why there are Republicans and Democrats.

Comment

I feel very awake brother, but not "woke". And I am not interested in adhering to any CRT core principles for the sake of it. If I have stumbled across a few of them it was by virtue of contemplation, introspection, and observation. I'm certain there are facets of every theory that are true at some point in time.

Would you actually attempt to debate the fact that the massive wealth advantage of whites doesn't create a competitive advantage in just about every aspect of living in America? Surely not. The real question is, what responsibility do whites have (if any) to "help a brutha out"? And if deemed to do so, would it not help society overall (rising tide lifting all boats sorta deal)? Or is it best to just follow the free-market principle of "sink or swim"? I don't have these answers, but I suspect it's a mixture of both. And thus we see why there are Republicans and Democrats.
                Yes, there are plenty of truths in CRT. Wealth creates a competitive advantage, but not a “white” advantage. To assume that to be true, would be to assume that people only help those of the same race. It’s a small but important shift from economics to to racism.

On your original point, being wealthy and racist is not more harmful than being poor and racist. Racism is not prejudice plus power, it is only prejudice. Prejudice plus power is oppression, regardless of race.

The devil is in the details.
                Livin the dream

Comment

You didn’t include Far Eastern immigrants into your examples because don’t fit. They come to America with a competitive disadvantage and then surpass many races. That’s the power and responsibility of the individual person and what they do with education, and hard work.

Comment

Yes, there are plenty of truths in CRT. Wealth creates a competitive advantage, but not a “white” advantage. To assume that to be true, would be to assume that people only help those of the same race. It’s a small but important shift from economics to to racism.
                    But in the sake of full disclosure... whites have all the wealth in America. An uncomfortable truth?

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    On your original point, being wealthy and racist is not more harmful than being poor and racist.
                    The devil is in the details.
                    I can't agree with this statement. I will listen to you defend it though.

Keep in mind the power one group has when they control the means of production if you offer an explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You didn’t include Far Eastern immigrants into your examples because don’t fit. They come to America with a competitive disadvantage and then surpass many races. That’s the power and responsibility of the individual person and what they do with education, and hard work.
                      I didn't include immigrants because they weren't part of the topic. I'm fine debating two issues with two people at once.

So, if Far Eastern immigrants are more capable at acclimating to America and succeeding, how does that affect the issues in the African-American community beyond the benefit of just shaking your finger and calling them lazy.

Comment

But in the sake of full disclosure... whites have all the wealth in America. An uncomfortable truth?

I can't agree with this statement. I will listen to you defend it though.

Keep in mind the power one group has when they control the means of production if you offer an explanation.
                        I am not aligned with “white people”. I’m aligned with “competence”. It’s not uncomfortable that one group or another has wealth. If it was earned, it doesn’t matter. If it was received through illegitimate means, then you have to prosecute that. If a group is actively excluding another group, that has to be considered, but success is not a zero sum game. Your success does not result in my failure.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Wealthiest demographic in the USA is Indian Americans.

Most other Asian demographics earn more than White Americans as well, but most would not like to count them as minorities in certain situations.
                          The Assman

Comment

I am not aligned with “white people”. I’m aligned with “competence”. It’s not uncomfortable that one group or another has wealth. If it was earned, it doesn’t matter. If it was received through illegitimate means, then you have to prosecute that. If a group is actively excluding another group, that has to be considered, but success is not a zero sum game. Your success does not result in my failure.
                            All good points that will bring the crowd to their feet at the RNC but... have you ever played Monopoly when one dude has all hotels?

If you're in control, you define who's competent do you not?

If a group is actively excluding another group
                            This must be defined and assigned where applicable. Very difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Wealthiest demographic in the USA is Indian Americans.

Most other Asian demographics earn more than White Americans as well, but most would not like to count them as minorities in certain situations.
                              86% of the wealth in America is owned by 60% of the population... white people.

Comment

• Cold’s comments on race are interesting, considering his comments over the years on the basketball forum about the “whiteness and lack of athletic ability that comes with it” on our team.

I guess it takes a racist to know a racist.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X