No announcement yet.

Every Dem run city, Not just Portland, Seattle, Chicago, or New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The death penalty doesn't mean anything unless it's gonna actually be something to fear. Because we are too averse to sending an innocent person to death, we go through enormous lengths to avoid it at all costs and time. So putting someone to death 20 years after the crime means nothing.

Just get rid of it.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Capital punishment is supposed to act as a disincentive. Unfortunately the lawyers have bastardized it so much it merely means a different cell address in the prison. The execution must be carried out faster to maintain the spirit for which it was designed. And it needs to be public so the offender can suffer humiliation at time of death. THIS is an effective capital crime deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Mothers abort children every second of the day, naturally. Usually goes right down the loo. Who will lament that loss?

No opinion on abortion really other than late-term or partial birth. Just keepin' it real.

Carry on.
        You can’t be serious? You’re comparing a miscarriage to a willing and planned out murder of a baby?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You can’t be serious? You’re comparing a miscarriage to a willing and planned out murder of a baby?
          He gets less credible with every post.

Comment

Mothers abort children every second of the day, naturally. Usually goes right down the loo. Who will lament that loss?

No opinion on abortion really other than late-term or partial birth. Just keepin' it real.

Carry on.
            One can make a Logical Moral Argument for Capital Punishment and a Logical Moral Argument against it.

One cannot make a Logical Moral Argument for Abortion. Abortion is Logically about Convenience. If a person cannot financially afford, or mature enough to be a parent, there are other options that are available, and people who have means and maturity, and want children. It is well documented that Margaret Sanger, the Mother of Planned Parenthood, just wanted to get rid of minority children.

This statement isn't intended to get into debates on unborn children who will be born with serious disabilities. Furthermore, I cast no aspersions on people who have made the decision to abort. Forgiveness is for everyone, and there is evidence that many people who have made that decision often question that decision afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              One cannot make a Logical Moral Argument for Abortion.
              You can when you consider the environment the unwanted child will be reared in and the fact that they will likely live a poor quality life and/or wind up "in the system".

A child doesn't know its being aborted, but it absolutely knows it's being raised by a single mother on crack that doesn't give two shits about it.

How's that for logical and moral?

Comment

You can when you consider the environment the unwanted child will be reared in and the fact that they will likely live a poor quality life and/or wind up "in the system".

A child doesn't know its being aborted, but it absolutely knows it's being raised by a single mother on crack that doesn't give two shits about it.

How do you know a fetus can or can’t feel pain?

And moreover, even if it’s just a “bunch of cells” in its early stages, how is it its fault for what kinda life it has? It’s still life and still better than the alternative. And there are a lot of abortions performed simply because people don’t want the child.

I think you underestimate just how powerful life is. You don’t get multiple chances. It’s all by chance too. Anybody should be lucky that their parents got together at that exact second and that exact sperm happened to penetrate at that exact second or you wouldn’t be here. That’s how lucky it is. And once you’re gone, you’re gone.

Why anybody thinks they have power to stop something so fragile and precious from happening is staggering.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That’s not a moral argument. It’s a argument of convenience for the mother who has the demon of drug addiction. PLanned Parenthood is willing to help her abort the child rather than find the child a parent who wants them to live.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How do you know a fetus can or can’t feel pain?

And moreover, even if it’s just a “bunch of cells” in its early stages, how is it its fault for what kinda life it has? It’s still life and still better than the alternative. And there are a lot of abortions performed simply because people don’t want the child.

I think you underestimate just how powerful life is. You don’t get multiple chances. It’s all by chance too. Anybody should be lucky that their parents got together at that exact second and that exact sperm happened to penetrate at that exact second or you wouldn’t be here. That’s how lucky it is. And once you’re gone, you’re gone.

Why anybody thinks they have power to stop something so fragile and precious from happening is staggering.
                    They feel pain after 4-5 mos. Some states require anesthesia.

It doesn't require a miracle for conception to occur. Any homeless person can potentially do it. It takes a greater act of kindness/discipline NOT to reproduce than TO reproduce.

Comment

That’s not a moral argument. It’s a argument of convenience for the mother who has the demon of drug addiction. PLanned Parenthood is willing to help her abort the child rather than find the child a parent who wants them to live.
                      "The demon of drug addiction..." ???

So my argument IS a moral argument in the context of the life the child will live - which is usually a very bad one.

I do agree that most use abortion as a sort of mulligan at best, and contraception at worst. That is selfish and reprehensible, but at the same time (albeit accidentally) merciful.

Comment

Another point: I know people who've adopted "crack babies" and let me tell you that it is no cakewalk. Genetics matter, trauma/drugs during gestation matters. There were behavioral issues galore as well as several that had cancer. It's a noble thing to adopt a child from those circumstances and from lowest-common-denominator-lineage, but why? I would think the average person that cannot conceive would do better to adopt a healthy child from mentally normal parents. I know this sounds a bit selfish, but it's my honest take.

*cue the former crack baby adoptee who's going to now chime in and call me an asshole*

Let me save you the trouble and simply reply with, touche'!

Comment

Another point: I know people who've adopted "crack babies" and let me tell you that it is no cakewalk. Genetics matter, trauma/drugs during gestation matters. There were behavioral issues galore as well as several that had cancer. It's a noble thing to adopt a child from those circumstances and from lowest-common-denominator-lineage, but why? I would think the average person that cannot conceive would do better to adopt a healthy child from mentally normal parents. I know this sounds a bit selfish, but it's my honest take.

*cue the former crack baby adoptee who's going to now chime in and call me an asshole*

Let me save you the trouble and simply reply with, touche'!
                          Fantastic, our resident epidemiologist has now become our resident eugenicist. Can’t wait to see where this leads us.... although I will say I think this is just a precursor for what’s about to go down in the election cycle. Trump would do well for himself by jumping on the “planned parenthood” is the largest factor in systemic racism today train.

Comment

They feel pain after 4-5 mos. Some states require anesthesia.

It doesn't require a miracle for conception to occur. Any homeless person can potentially do it. It takes a greater act of kindness/discipline NOT to reproduce than TO reproduce.

Conception itself is a miracle, in terms of the life that is created by it. Again, it’s by sheer chance that you’re here Cold. If one of the millions of sperm that entered the egg wouldn’t have been the one that did, you don’t exist. Period. You or anybody else wouldn’t have known that but that’s how it works.

Once again it comes down to not knowing the consequences of engaging in certain acts in the first place. Everybody knows A +B = C. If you don’t want C to happen, do something about A and B. It’s not C’s fault.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Carry on.
                              You’ve obviously never experienced the pain of a spontaneous abortion.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

One can make a Logical Moral Argument for Capital Punishment and a Logical Moral Argument against it.

One cannot make a Logical Moral Argument for Abortion. Abortion is Logically about Convenience. If a person cannot financially afford, or mature enough to be a parent, there are other options that are available, and people who have means and maturity, and want children. It is well documented that Margaret Sanger, the Mother of Planned Parenthood, just wanted to get rid of minority children.

This statement isn't intended to get into debates on unborn children who will be born with serious disabilities. Furthermore, I cast no aspersions on people who have made the decision to abort. Forgiveness is for everyone, and there is evidence that many people who have made that decision often question that decision afterward.
                                There is a moral argument for abortion...Utilitarianism. For instance; if the world is over populated, and many will die, one might argue to not bring someone into the world.

I disagree with this argument because I don’t believe anyone gets to sacrifice one for the life of another. I’m sure you agree, but you have to understand these arguments to fully understand your own moral philosophy.

The United States puts the individual above the collective. Remember that not all people do.

A second argument is that an individual is autonomous, and no one has a right to their body. This is an individual first argument, but not a good one. This places liberty above life, but without life you can’t have liberty. Life then liberty. This is deliberate.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X