No announcement yet.

PAC-12 Football Players List Demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAC10 athletics in the major sports suck ass and are a drag on the NCAA.

Let em drop to Division II
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      PAC10 athletics in the major sports suck ass and are a drag on the NCAA.

Let em drop to Division II
      I agree. About the last time SC was really good was when Reggie Bush was on their payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I agree. About the last time SC was really good was when Reggie Bush was on their payroll.
        Would the superstars agree to the pay cuts considered in this document?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

So, do you think Alabama or Oklahoma would tell their players to go take a hike? Pretty easy to do if your team (Washington State) isn't racking up Rose Bowl wins and when a good season is defined by playing in such illustrious bowl games as the Weedeater bowl, cheese-it bowl.

When you see the big boys in the SEC, B12 or PAC-12 telling their players to go take a hike, get back with me. Then we can talk. There's very little risk for a middling P5 team to tell players 'my way or the highway', but when you're talking about the teams who have the biggest stars doing that, again, we can talk at that point. My guess is that they (the players) will probably vote with their feet. They will follow the path of least resistance and go where they get the best deal (which they do nowadays anyway).
          I think that if OU or Alabama are paying players and they aren’t performing, then yes, I think they would tell them to leave. Probably more cut throat at the higher levels.
          Livin the dream

Comment

The NCAA and some schools that actually make money need to figure out how to deal with this issue. The problem is that for I dunno how many years, the NCAA operated under the guise of being for amateur college athletes and such. Now that that notion has been blown up as the NCAA and such rake in billions of dollars and is really the primary driving force, things need to be updated. When millionaire coaches can't even buy the kids a meal without risking a violation it's just silly. I am not exactly sure what the solution is, and the kids do get value in a college degree (if they want it). Maybe they should just do away with the universities not being able to pay the player to entice them to go there. What is the benefit of the student athlete keeping their amateur status? If they are all playing in the same league (NCAA) then who cares? I realize that it will turn into the wild wild west, and the smaller colleges won't be able to pay their players to go there, but it would turn into a pure marketplace in some respects. If a player isn't good enough to get paid, they are no worse off than before, and those who really should be in the pros can get paid. And the universities might be able to ensure that a certain player sticks around for more than 1 year by signing a contract to go to school and play.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I would cut any player who joins the group. College athletics is about using your athletics gifts to get a higher education. If that doesn’t interest you then you should move on:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                The NCAA and some schools that actually make money need to figure out how to deal with this issue. The problem is that for I dunno how many years, the NCAA operated under the guise of being for amateur college athletes and such. Now that that notion has been blown up as the NCAA and such rake in billions of dollars and is really the primary driving force, things need to be updated. When millionaire coaches can't even buy the kids a meal without risking a violation it's just silly. I am not exactly sure what the solution is, and the kids do get value in a college degree (if they want it). Maybe they should just do away with the universities not being able to pay the player to entice them to go there. What is the benefit of the student athlete keeping their amateur status? If they are all playing in the same league (NCAA) then who cares? I realize that it will turn into the wild wild west, and the smaller colleges won't be able to pay their players to go there, but it would turn into a pure marketplace in some respects. If a player isn't good enough to get paid, they are no worse off than before, and those who really should be in the pros can get paid. And the universities might be able to ensure that a certain player sticks around for more than 1 year by signing a contract to go to school and play.
                Are you really Bill Self? Sounds like cover for the. Coaches who pay their players.

Comment

Given that our president seems to like to collude everyday
                  Please provide legitimate evidence of this. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

What does this have to do with pay for play+ demands?
                    It has nothing to do with it.

Khan just forgot to take his meds...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

It has nothing to do with it.

Khan just forgot to take his meds...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are you really Bill Self? Sounds like cover for the. Coaches who pay their players.
                        Finally someone figured it out!
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm not completely against this but I'm not sure they understand where the dollars come from and where they are going. Are these only football and basketball players? Because they are the only ones making money. And even if they think they're going to share half the profits (not half the revenue, aren't PAC12 students supposed to be smart?) I would imagine the other student athletes, who will outnumber them probably 3-1 at least (including basically every female athlete) might have a little beef. Schools will have to gut half the programs.

But, I believe this is the next step in the elimination of the NCAA. Maybe it doesn't happen in one stroke, but this will be a step.

Comment

So, do you think Alabama or Oklahoma would tell their players to go take a hike? Pretty easy to do if your team (Washington State) isn't racking up Rose Bowl wins and when a good season is defined by playing in such illustrious bowl games as the Weedeater bowl, cheese-it bowl.

When you see the big boys in the SEC, B12 or PAC-12 telling their players to go take a hike, get back with me. Then we can talk. There's very little risk for a middling P5 team to tell players 'my way or the highway', but when you're talking about the teams who have the biggest stars doing that, again, we can talk at that point. My guess is that they (the players) will probably vote with their feet. They will follow the path of least resistance and go where they get the best deal (which they do nowadays anyway).
                            If Saban was told his salary would need to be reduced to the president's salary, how quickly would he tell the players to take a hike? A bit of context, Saban annual salary, 8.6 million, president of Alabama, 563,000

Comment

I think I will write a letter with my list of demands to my employer. Let's see where that get me...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Please provide legitimate evidence of this. Thank you in advance.
                                https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...port-collusion

Comment

Working...
                                X