No announcement yet.

Whipple and the Wichita Mask Ordinance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ordinance was poorly drafted and defacto requires businesses to enforce the mandate, which is an illegal delegation of government responsibility. I would guess there is a fair chance it will be challenged in court and a fair chance it will be struck down.

Comment

I’m really glad I live where I do. Y’all look like tropic thunder running around down there.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There's a good chance that everybody is going to be fine and we won't have people dying in the streets. There's also a not insignificant statistical chance that we will have a massive problem and people will literally be dying in the streets. In that second scenario, our country's security would be in jeopardy. Since that bad outcome can nearly be eliminated by every single person wearing a well-fitted mask when they are around "strangers", it is the logical choice to make. It is a strategic decision and it is the right decision.

Critical thinking on your first point. Very very good. Hysterical beyond ANY statistic on your second. You are now firmly entrenched as a member of the wacko club my esteemed Shockernet cohort. No need to flatter you. What next, a cnn link? Oh, wait...

Oh, yeah, you're in the know; how did the covid numbers move in Oklahoma after the Presidents visit last month? It's been over 2 weeks. He's had storehouses of ventilators built, and still building, that haven't been used yet, so if they, or any other County in the US needs 'em, just give him a call. He'll bail you out. Now the Fearless Idiot Parade running the streets? That's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Critical thinking on your first point. Very very good. Hysterical beyond ANY statistic on your second. You are now firmly entrenched as a member of the wacko club my esteemed Shockernet cohort. No need to flatter you. What next, a cnn link? Oh, wait...

Oh, yeah, you're in the know; how did the covid numbers move in Oklahoma after the Presidents visit last month? It's been over 2 weeks. He's had storehouses of ventilators built, and still building, that haven't been used yet, so if they, or any other County in the US needs 'em, just give him a call. He'll bail you out. Now the Fearless Idiot Parade running the streets? That's a different story.
          Deaths follow infections my friend. Thankfully only around 6,000 attended his indoor infection rally. Of those, many come from surrounding states so it will be difficult to attribute spikes to his event. I will say that several of his entourage tested positive later, as well as a reporter, and Hermain Cain. So unless you are suspending reality, yes, Trump's rally likely helped continue the infection chain.

T

Comment

Deaths follow infections my friend. Thankfully only around 6,000 attended his indoor infection rally. Of those, many come from surrounding states so it will be difficult to attribute spikes to his event. I will say that several of his entourage tested positive later, as well as a reporter, and Hermain Cain. So unless you are suspending reality, yes, Trump's rally likely helped continue the infection chain.

T

You gotta stop drawing valley to valley lines.
            Livin the dream

Comment

T

Where’s all the spikes in all these states and cities with huge protests that totaled tens of thousands? Those were nearly a month and a half ago. How come those surges didn’t happen in mid June?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You gotta stop drawing valley to valley lines.
                I'll be connectin' the "valleys" on the way up, and the peaks on the way down. It's an occupational hazard. Get used to it my friend!

T

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Where’s all the spikes in all these states and cities with huge protests that totaled tens of thousands? Those were nearly a month and a half ago. How come those surges didn’t happen in mid June?
                  You deniers are still missing the fundamental way pandemics grow, evolve, and eventually die. I have provided resources to get you up to speed. I will do so, yet again. Please watch the entire video and read the entire article. The video even answers why churches were asked to close.

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/6/2131447...ths-trends-wtf

Why Covid-19 deaths aren’t rising along with cases — yet

The contradiction between these two curves — case numbers sloping upward, death counts downward — is the primary reason some people are agitating to accelerate, not slow down, reopening in the face of these new coronavirus spikes.

The most important thing to understand is that this is actually to be expected. There is a long lag — as long as six weeks, experts told me — between when a person gets infected and when their death would be reported in the official tally.

“Why aren’t today’s deaths trending in the same way today’s cases are trending? That’s completely not the way to think about it,” Eleanor Murray, an epidemiologist at Boston University, told me. “Today’s cases represent infections that probably happened a week or two ago. Today’s deaths represent cases that were diagnosed possibly up to a month ago, so infections that were up to six weeks ago or more.”

“Some people do get infected and die quickly, but the majority of people who die, it takes a while,” Murray continued. “It’s not a matter of a one-week lag between cases and deaths. We expect something more on the order of a four-, five-, six-week lag.”

As Whet Moser wrote for the Covid Tracking Project last week, the recent spikes in case counts really took off around June 18 and 19. So we would not expect them to show up in the death data yet.

“Hospitalizations and deaths are both lagging indicators, because it takes time to progress through the course of illness,” Caitlin Rivers at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security told me late last week. “The recent surge started around two weeks ago, so it’s too soon to be confident that we won’t see an uptick in hospitalizations and deaths.”

The national numbers can also obscure local trends. According to the Covid Tracking Project, hospitalizations are spiking in the South and West, but, at the same time, they are dropping precipitously in the Northeast, the initial epicenter of the US outbreak.
                  Even after posting this, the ignorant comments will continue on in spite of the fact the answers are IN. THIS. QUOTE.

Having just found this article; the information contained therein is eerily similar to what I have been spouting and respouting. What the doctors are saying is almost word for word... Isn't that strange? Coincidental? Nope. It's just science. Nothing political. Just science.

Okay, back to the conspiracy theories everyone.

T

Comment

Breakouts!

I want that confirmation with the retest. I'm okay letting the occasional rocket ship fly off without me.

Tell me about your symptoms brother. Any lesions on the feet? Loss of taste/smell? Skin burning/tingling? Redness around the eyes?

P.S. Why did I just assume you don't enter on the retest... apologies

T

just giving you the business.. you and i know that most breakout fail. i tend to pick up positions on strength against a relative index comparison.. say smh to spx or a major index like qqq to ief and add/take profits at support and resistance. alrm, smh, and nvda among others have been good to me. took some profits in alrm yesterday. my only dog has been humana and it’s still beating the spx and iyh.

as far as the rona, symptoms have been mild.. fever, fatigue, and soreness for me.. mrs sharif has lost smell/taste, fever, fatigue, and has a headache today. both of us have maintained oxygen saturation in the high 90s throughout. boredom has been the largest challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

just giving you the business.. you and i know that most breakout fail. i tend to pick up positions on strength against a relative index comparison.. say smh to spx or a major index like qqq to ief and add/take profits at support and resistance. alrm, smh, and nvda among others have been good to me. took some profits in alrm yesterday. my only dog has been humana and it’s still beating the spx and iyh.

as far as the rona, symptoms have been mild.. fever, fatigue, and soreness for me.. mrs sharif has lost smell/taste, fever, fatigue, and has a headache today. both of us have maintained oxygen saturation in the high 90s throughout. boredom has been the largest challenge.
                      You have an oximeter. But of course you do. My man... a brother from another mother. Speedy recoveries sir!

T

Comment

You ignored my point about the other significantly greater potential factors of the recent spike. How long ago was it people started having their Fearless Idiot Parades 500 abreast and 1000 deep down on Broadway in broad daylight? It was more than 2 weeks ago, but thanks for taking the time. For your next trick, conjure up stats on ventilator use.

Blaming your President for the current spike is borderline Wokeism. As a tell-tale symptom Snowflakes then start blaming his supporters. You're not one of those Hydroxychloroquine -ahem- suppressors are you? Hasn't cnn gotten on board with it?

Comment

You ignored my point about the other significantly greater potential factors of the recent spike. How long ago was it people started having their Fearless Idiot Parades 500 abreast and 1000 deep down on Broadway in broad daylight? It was more than 2 weeks ago, but thanks for taking the time. For your next trick, conjure up stats on ventilator use.

Blaming your President for the current spike is borderline Wokeism. As a tell-tale symptom Snowflakes then start blaming his supporters. You're not one of those Hydroxychloroquine -ahem- suppressors are you? Hasn't cnn gotten on board with it?

You're right, he did not cause the current spike.

However.....

He is definitely not focusing on this threat. He's more worried about the legacy of the confederacy, including flags, statues and catcall twits to Nascar drivers. Things that have absolutely no effect on my life,. So if he were a democrat, you would say he's not addressing problems, wasting time, and tilting at windmills.

You deserve the Joe Biden you're about to get.....and with a congressional majority. And that's what your party gets for straying from their core values and not trying to modulate his bad habits that have turned many of us off.

The only question I have is how long will it take for you guys to come back from this anhillation? Soon, I hope, we need two parties in this country, however, one seems to be MIA right now and pretty devoid of leadership, and they are the ones in charge.

Comment

Mayor Nipple and the City of Wichita have set up a hotline and e-mail address for all the Karens that wanna narc on their neighbors. I really hope it's inundated with prank calls and d*ck pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              Mayor Nipple and the City of Wichita have set up a hotline and e-mail address for all the Karens that wanna narc on their neighbors. I really hope it's inundated with prank calls and d*ck pics.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

C'mon man, get a grip. You are so triggered by your enemies you see them all around you now. I would be the first one to load up all the white female Snowflake Liberal Arts majors into a cargo plane and take them on a "field trip" to Venezuela.

THIS VIRUS IS NOT POLITICAL!

It's the Republican fringe who are running around screaming about their "liberty" to infect their fellow citizens. The Dims aren't making this political; they don't have to. They're just watching us all burn the entire place down and laughing while we do it. They know if this virus does what it absolutely can do and runs through our country like a wrecking ball, Trump is absolutely toast on November, 3rd.

So instead of acting strategically and being the best citizens we can be in the face of the most dangerous pandemic to face this country in 100 years, we are actually the most reckless, and we have the most to lose if the virus goes wild. So yeah, keep on denyin'... there's about 7 or 8 solid deniers - at least - on this forum. It's the exact opposite attitude to have if you're wanting to see Trump win a second term. Pretending it's not there does not make it go away. We truly are fiddling while Rome burns now.

Trump's insistence on not wearing a mask is what has caused this entire "political issue" around the country. He's a FOOL for not simply putting on a ****ing mask. Oh, I'm sorry, did that hurt your feelings?

I don't bow to any man or any party. If someone acts like a ******* retard, I'm going to call it out. Trump is literally shitting the bed and he apparently can't figure out where the smell is coming from.

P.S. The single GREATEST contributor to the spike in infections we are seeing, is states opening too fast and/or allowing patrons to sit in a bar or restaurant all night getting sauced while they seed each other with the virus. Then they go home to mommy and daddy.

P.P.S. Pro Tip: WHEN YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A ******* PANDEMIC, DON'T SIT INDOORS WITH A BUNCH OF STRANGERS AND GET ****ED UP UNTIL 2AM. JFC!

T

Comment

Working...
                                X