Whipple and the Wichita Mask Ordinance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Are you saying that my reputation and acerbic nature make me a less-than-ideal choice for Coronavirus public service messenger of Shockernet?

I cannot totally disagree. Although I would like to think that the tsunami of facts, logic, and wisdom I bring to the conversation isn't exactly convincing people they should go and get infected.

T

You are the giant that great men will one day stand on the shoulders of.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
      speaking for myself, who is in day 8 of covid, spare yourself and wear the damn mask. i have light symptoms including fatigue and a 101 fever. feel bad for those who have it worse.

im not sure why this is a politicized thing.. it’s a health issue. understanding that masks prevent the spread of disease doesn’t require the ability to read. we are the laughing stock of the world.

for you maga folks... yes mexicans always get across. stats are that trumpy bear and uncle joe will have it before the election.

g’nite!
      hang in there, take that hydroxy

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You are the giant that great men will one day stand on the shoulders of.

T

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

hang in there, take that hydroxy
          EERRRMMMM... maybe hold off on the hydroxy at day 8.

Was glad to see Trump get a little vindicated on that one.

T

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

its looking like herd immunity is going to be necessary for this bug to go away.. not sure how long it'll take and whether the summertime cases will be mild as compared to flu season. nobody knows for sure.. thats what gets me about the ignorance. theres probably a good reason that nurses have worn masks since the "beginning of time". at least it takes at least eight years of school to earn a doctorate - otherwise we'd really be f'd.

thankfully health is pretty good and i can trade at home.. lots of breakouts today.. megas and semiconductors. plenty to keep me busy.

@coldblooded not everyone can be saved
            Breakouts!

I want that confirmation with the retest. I'm okay letting the occasional rocket ship fly off without me.

Tell me about your symptoms brother. Any lesions on the feet? Loss of taste/smell? Skin burning/tingling? Redness around the eyes?

P.S. Why did I just assume you don't enter on the retest... apologies

T

Comment

Who says that’s not what’s happening on this board?
              Have you read any of Colds messages? He is openly cheering the use of government force and asking for more of it.
              The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post

Have you read any of Colds messages? He is openly cheering the use of government force and asking for more of it.
                He’s not protesting against masks. He had to pull some of his guns out of the safe to store N95s.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post

That oughta get you some likes from the wackos around here.

JFC! Do you call it government force when you're stopped for speeding too?

If you're too dumb to wear a mask in public around other people you deserve a ticket for stupidity. If you get 3 tickets you absolutely deserve a weekend stay in the clink for reckless endangerment.

Covid-19 is a national security threat by way of economic destabilization and we don't have the luxury, for the Neanderthals of our time, to get with the program. The negative externalities are too severe. In most situations it would be "your life to lose"; in this situation, you're potentially losing the life of others.

Nobody is getting their home door welded. Nobody is having a tracker inserted up their arsehole. Just put the ******* mask on and stfu. That's all "we" want to see happen. And I want to see Trump wearing a mask when he's in close proximity of other people too... the stupid fool... for the sake of his reelection. There aren't enough anti-masker wackos out there to vote him back in I guarantee you that. And he's losing the moderates about as fast as you can say Dotard. Time to back off the fringe before we end up with a shadow Communist government in 4 months.

T

Comment

He’s not protesting against masks. He had to pull some of his guns out of the safe to store N95s.

T

Comment

Cold, how long should we wear masks? Until there’s another “bend”? Until there’s a vaccine (if)? Until there’s a zero percent infection rate? Until we all die?

When?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Also, didn't the WHO point out recently that it was rare for asymptomatic people to spread the disease? If that's the case, then what gives with a mask?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Cold, how long should we wear masks? Until there’s another “bend”? Until there’s a vaccine (if)? Until there’s a zero percent infection rate? Until we all die?

When?
                          Thank you for the honest question sir!

I think "we all" should wear masks in public places until one of four things happen: 1) We have a successful vaccine deployed, 2) the virus mutates into something less deadly like the Flu, 3) anti-viral Covid therapies become extremely effective to the point where a call to the family doctor gets a prescription and a high-probabilistic outcome, or 4) We have over 50% of the population infected and it's deemed that herd immunity is sufficient.

At that point, I think it becomes more of a wear a mask if you wanna type deal. Right now we are dealing with a statistical unknown, a virus that is mostly unknown, and a population that is mostly uninfected. It would be like walking around in a barn full of hay with a sparkler that may or may not turn into a Roman candle. See how timely my analogies can be?

There's a good chance that everybody is going to be fine and we won't have people dying in the streets. There's also a not insignificant statistical chance that we will have a massive problem and people will literally be dying in the streets. In that second scenario, our country's security would be in jeopardy. Since that bad outcome can nearly be eliminated by every single person wearing a well-fitted mask when they are around "strangers", it is the logical choice to make. It is a strategic decision and it is the right decision.

This is not about trollz and lolz, it's a real existential threat. China is watching. Russia is watching. We need to get control of this virus and we need to do it yesterday.

MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN! (Law and Order, Virus eradication, infrastructure, trade deals (particularly essential pharmaceutical manufacturing coming home), Law enforcement "reform", etc.)

God why aren't I on Trump's advisory team. He'd be a shoe-in for reelection. I could easily rock the grumpy Snowflakes back to sleep (in momma's basement) while furthering the MAGA agenda.

T

Comment

Also, didn't the WHO point out recently that it was rare for asymptomatic people to spread the disease? If that's the case, then what gives with a mask?
                            https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/09/...read-covid-19/

We don’t actually have that answer yet’: WHO clarifies comments on asymptomatic spread of Covid-19
                            The WHO organization is nearly entirely impotent at this point.

I had no idea they were so clueless until Trump rattled their cage.

T

Comment

They’ve changed their mind on this multiple times. I haven’t read any studies. The science is coming out quickly and often flawed.

The only thing I know about asymptomatic transmission is narrative:

Individual A was exposed to asymptomatic individual B. Individual B becomes ill two days later and tests positive. Individual A gets tested and is negative, however is proclaimed positive due to a low grade fever. Individual A was with two individuals (C and D) within 3 feet for 6+ hours prior to the low grade fever but after exposure. C and D didn’t get sick.

I will have to check with Dr Faucci to see what this means.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

They’ve changed their mind on this multiple times. I haven’t read any studies. The science is coming out quickly and often flawed.

The only thing I know about asymptomatic transmission is narrative:

Individual A was exposed to asymptomatic individual B. Individual B becomes ill two days later and tests positive. Individual A gets tested and is negative, however is proclaimed positive due to a low grade fever. Individual A was with two individuals (C and D) within 3 feet for 6+ hours prior to the low grade fever but after exposure. C and D didn’t get sick.

I will have to check with Dr Faucci to see what this means.
                                Denier speak - unhelpful to your community and country sir.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26...er%20develop).

Evidence Supporting Transmission of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 While Presymptomatic or Asymptomatic

T

Comment

Working...
                                X