Whipple and the Wichita Mask Ordinance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
    You can easily support the wearing of masks while at the same time condemning the government using force to make people wear them.
    Who says that’s not what’s happening on this board?
    Livin the dream

Comment

Saw a Facebook pic last night of a guy in a bar dressed as Batman. Dunno if that qualifies or not

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
        speaking for myself, who is in day 8 of covid, spare yourself and wear the damn mask. i have light symptoms including fatigue and a 101 fever. feel bad for those who have it worse.

im not sure why this is a politicized thing.. it’s a health issue. understanding that masks prevent the spread of disease doesn’t require the ability to read. we are the laughing stock of the world.

for you maga folks... yes mexicans always get across. stats are that trumpy bear and uncle joe will have it before the election.

g’nite!
        I'm sorry for your misfortune and am glad you're doing relatively ok.

My question would then be for how long? 1 month? 3 months? Til a vaccine comes out, which the media and left question if that even is possible? Forever?

At some point, it should be up to the individual person to decide what's best for them. Don't feel comfy at the grocery store? Start shopping at 7:00pm on a Tuesday night. Don't want to eat inside a restaurant? Take it to go. Don't want to go to a baseball game? Stay home and watch it on tv.

Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

speaking for myself, who is in day 8 of covid, spare yourself and wear the damn mask. i have light symptoms including fatigue and a 101 fever. feel bad for those who have it worse.
          Get well!

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I would like to see all indoor bars and clubs shut down immediately. Although we may not have to wait for the goverment to do it for us.

If restaurants want to serve patrons, they can do so on patios, sidewalks, and under tents. Absolutely NO indoor dining.

And yes, if you are inside a store without a mask you should be cited. If you receive 3 citations you get a weekend in the can. This ain't a ***** joke and it isn't about liberty you morons.

We are at war with a virus that is a legit national security threat. Where are the cries for liberty when we conscript young men to go fight other people's wars? Anybody even uttering the word "liberty" at a time like this is either selfish, ignorant, or both. Definitely not acting like a Christian or a patriot. We are all in this together and we can defeat it together.

WWJD? Jesus would wear a mask.

T

Comment

im not sure why this is a politicized thing.. it’s a health issue. understanding that masks prevent the spread of disease doesn’t require the ability to read. we are the laughing stock of the world.

for you maga folks... yes mexicans always get across. stats are that trumpy bear and uncle joe will have it before the election.

g’nite!
              Terribly sorry for your misfortune brother, but it's looking more and more like we are all going to get our turn at the Coronavirus carnival ride of death. The only people politicizing it are those who haven't been infected and/or generally reside in herds of sheep.

Day 8 is the magic time to watch for things to either get better or take a turn for the worse. Knowing nothing about your health, age, comorbidities etc., I would consider asking your doctor about taking a daily baby aspirin. Clotting issues are the worst with this insidious bug.

Keep us updated please!

T

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/healt...day/index.html

"We know of the 50,000 cases this past day -- a single day of this (holiday) weekend," Walensky said. "If they're young people, it could be 500 people who die from that. If they're older people, it could be 7,500 people who die from that -- just from a single day of infection."
                I really hate to link a CNN article, but this quote was worth it.

As Conservatives we preach until we're blue in the face about personal responsibility. Well the most obvious and timely example of personal responsibility is making a good effort at breaking the chain of infections through distancing and mask wearing. There is no difference between responsibly storing your weapons and being responsible with our own respiratory system when it becomes a virus factory. I would be for civil liability if we could find a signature on an infection and track it to an individual that had tested positive yet chose not to quarantine.

The quote came from: Dr. Rochelle Walensky, chief of infectious diseases at Massachusetts General Hospital.

T

Comment

Wait, are they saying the 50,000 cases the past day were from the 4th of July? I thought the incubation period was a minimum of 5-6 days and could be up to 14 days? Sounds like fuzzy math to me.

Comment

lol at “I hate to quote CNN articles” but still go through with it to cite your points. An absolute textbook case of media brainwash. Grats Cold.

So we should see 8,000 deaths per day by July 20th, correct?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Wait, are they saying the 50,000 cases the past day were from the 4th of July? I thought the incubation period was a minimum of 5-6 days and could be up to 14 days? Sounds like fuzzy math to me.
                      Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      lol at “I hate to quote CNN articles” but still go through with it to cite your points. An absolute textbook case of media brainwash. Grats Cold.

So we should see 8,000 deaths per day by July 20th, correct?
                      Guys... I'm not even trolling here, but you really need to check your reading comprehension.

I address this only for your own personal edification.

T

Comment

When you guys chirp at me on here, I see the guy in the video. And I'm not laughing at you, I actually feel quite sad.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

When you guys chirp at me on here, I see the guy in the video. And I'm not laughing at you, I actually feel quite sad.

T

Lol! Nice try. First off, where have I ever said I was a denier of the virus or that I wasn't personally taking precautions? Never said it.

Secondly, and not to down play this guys condition, but he is at a much much much much higher risk category than myself. I am not a) overweight or obese b) do not have pre-existing conditions and 3) am healthy and take precautions.

Keep buying the hype though Cold.

Comment

Cold, I don’t think your approach is going to win anyone over to your side. In fact, it’s probably had the opposite effect for most people.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Terribly sorry for your misfortune brother, but it's looking more and more like we are all going to get our turn at the Coronavirus carnival ride of death. The only people politicizing it are those who haven't been infected and/or generally reside in herds of sheep.

Day 8 is the magic time to watch for things to either get better or take a turn for the worse. Knowing nothing about your health, age, comorbidities etc., I would consider asking your doctor about taking a daily baby aspirin. Clotting issues are the worst with this insidious bug.

Keep us updated please!

T

its looking like herd immunity is going to be necessary for this bug to go away.. not sure how long it'll take and whether the summertime cases will be mild as compared to flu season. nobody knows for sure.. thats what gets me about the ignorance. theres probably a good reason that nurses have worn masks since the "beginning of time". at least it takes at least eight years of school to earn a doctorate - otherwise we'd really be f'd.

thankfully health is pretty good and i can trade at home.. lots of breakouts today.. megas and semiconductors. plenty to keep me busy.

@coldblooded not everyone can be saved

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                Cold, I don’t think your approach is going to win anyone over to your side. In fact, it’s probably had the opposite effect for most people.
                                Are you saying that my reputation and acerbic nature make me a less-than-ideal choice for Coronavirus public service messenger of Shockernet?

I cannot totally disagree. Although I would like to think that the tsunami of facts, logic, and wisdom I bring to the conversation isn't exactly convincing people they should go and get infected.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X