The Country of CHAZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    We all do. The same way you pay today when you fork over $3500 to get some stitches at the ER to subsidize all the people who come in for what should be Dr visits and can't pay. We all agree that there is no free lunch, so these people are being served today at someone's expense. I argue its less efficient and more expensive than having them walk into a community clinic. Your argument is that further government supported health care and the like would be a disincentive to work and wealth creation. I don't believe that to be the case until you reach significantly higher marginal tax rates combined with exponentially higher benefits. We are nowhere close to that today.
    So you're prepared to pay more in taxes to subsidize everyone, got it! I'm not. Subsidies are what are inefficient. The UK's top rate is 50% while the U.S.'s is 35%. I'm not prepared to see the U.S. turn into the U.K. or the U.S. healthcare system, which is the most advanced in the world, turn into UK's... Who would we steal advanced research off of if we weren't the ones producing it?

Bottom line is this: if the U.S. goes Communist healthcare, the entire world suffers. Same goes with world peace. If we stop spending 700B a year on defense and acting as a barrier to would-be aggressor states, the entire world suffers. To continue to protect the health and security of the entire world, it is essential we remain Libtard free.

The End.

T

Comment

I'm going to have to offer a dissenting view on shotguns for ****-hitting-the-fan civil war scenarios. They simply don't have enough range and range is what you'll need in a civil war. The more the better in fact.

5.56 (AR-15) = around 350 yards effective range.

Shotgun = 50-125 yards. 125 being with a slug.

For indoor self defense, the shotgun is tough to beat. But in a war... you need a rifle.

P.S. Please don't load your home defense shotguns with double ought (00) buckshot unless you want to risk lighting up your loved ones during a home invasion. 00 will go through multiple walls. Use #4 shot. It's JUST what the doctor ordered. ;)

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        I'm going to have to offer a dissenting view on shotguns for ****-hitting-the-fan civil war scenarios. They simply don't have enough range and range is what you'll need in a civil war. The more the better in fact.

5.56 (AR-15) = around 350 yards effective range.

Shotgun = 50-125 yards. 125 being with a slug.

For indoor self defense, the shotgun is tough to beat. But in a war... you need a rifle.

P.S. Please don't load your home defense shotguns with double ought (00) buckshot unless you want to risk lighting up your loved ones during a home invasion. 00 will go through multiple walls. Use #4 shot. It's JUST what the doctor ordered. ;)

T

Same with bear slugs. Better make sure no one is on the other side of the wall.

There’s more opinions on “best caliber” than their are variety’s of caliber, but IMO, a subsonic 45 round might be best if you have to fire it in the house. Will knock an intruder on his/her ass and is less likely to penetrate walls. Slightly easier on the ears too.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Didn't know the boogaloo bois were on shockernet. Openly fantasizing about shredding other americans. I suppose when you rationalize it by telling yourself that they aren't americans and want to destroy your way of life, you can justify killing them.

This kind of rhetoric is not far removed from the Christchurch mosque shooting or the El Paso walmart shooting.

I would also think that, on a purely ideological basis, people protesting government overreach and abuse of citizens would have some libertarian support. The saying is, after all, "Don't Tread On Me".
          Last edited by wsushox1; June 16, 2020, 08:50 AM.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Didn't know the boogaloo bois were on shockernet. Openly fantasizing about shredding other americans. I suppose when you rationalize it by telling yourself that they aren't americans and want to destroy your way of life, you can justify killing them.

This kind of rhetoric is not far removed from the Christchurch mosque shooting or the El Paso walmart shooting.

I would also think that, on a purely ideological basis, people protesting government overreach and abuse of citizens would have some libertarian support. The saying is, after all, "Don't Tread On Me".
            Nice try.

Everything posted here is about defending your family from leftists that are on the streets rioting, committing acts of violence, and calling for the defunding of the one thing protecting peaceful and law abiding Americans.

Your party's continued myopic belief in what is being said, versus what is happening, fomented this situation to the point that defending yourself is becoming a real world concern.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Nice try.

Everything posted here is about defending your family from leftists that are on the streets rioting, committing acts of violence, and calling for the defunding of the one thing protecting peaceful and law abiding Americans.

Your party's continued myopic belief in what is being said, versus what is happening, fomented this situation to the point that defending yourself is becoming a real world concern.
              Here's a couple of things to keep in mind when making overly broad statements (and both sides to this):

"Diversity is not our problem, it's closed mindedness."
              "We look skeptically and more critically at the outsider even when they do the same thing."
              - Dr. Steve Robbins.

Is example in the second quote (and he went to Michigan State) is that if a driver with U of M tag cut him off, he might react as if the driver was a typical jerk (like we do with KWho people here), but if the driver that cut him off had an MSU tag, he might be more inclined to say the 'the driver was having a bad day'.

Just a thought for today.....for everyone on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                Here's a couple of things to keep in mind when making overly broad statements (and both sides to this)
                Not sure why you quoted me. Are you saying I made an overly broad statement?

Comment

I saw a CHAZ border enforcer the other day being interviewed and he was asked what they were wanting. He started out with the usual. Equality, jobs, etc. and all at once he mumbled a little incoherently, "and what if I don't want to work".

I guess he just wanted to be taken care of. CHAZ is made up of a lot of anarchist, pot heads (maybe not, but that guy sounded like an incoherent, pot head, reminding me somewhat of Cheech and Chong LOL), misfits that just want something else in life. Just searching for something to help them feel happy because they can't find it themselves. They seem to believe in victimhood.

I have found that happiness isn't money (although everyone needs some and it can help with happiness), drugs, etc. A lot of people are searching for it but have trouble finding it. I know this and that is that more Government and Victimhood doesn't make anyone happy. Bad government, and a lack of freedom and choices can help make people feel unahppy. Who would want to live in China, or Russia for example?

If anyone wants to be happy, and make something of themselves, set goals, etc. America is the best place to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

"We look skeptically and more critically at the outsider even when they do the same thing."
                    - Dr. Steve Robbins.

Is example in the second quote (and he went to Michigan State) is that if a driver with U of M tag cut him off, he might react as if the driver was a typical jerk (like we do with KWho people here), but if the driver that cut him off had an MSU tag, he might be more inclined to say the 'the driver was having a bad day'.

Just a thought for today.....for everyone on the board.

So when a group of people say another group of people is -ahem- "holding them down," they're really holding themselves down.

Or, when black Americans claim white on black crime is at an unparalleled level?

We can all agree with the Dr. on that one. Let the facts do the talkin'.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 16, 2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I don't know if I would go so far as call them all role playing...

I would like to see half a dozen Navy Seals go in there. They'd clear that entire 6-block zone out in 15 mins. They would receive one rule of engagement from me: do not fire unless fired upon. If rapper Raz Simone and his AR-15 wanted to die for his cause, so be it. But civil law would be reinstated right after sundown (Seals like to work in the dark).

T

Is the one dude almost holding up the Shocker?

Other than that, all I can think of to add is...

Eventually this has to run into madness:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Sure, it's only the leftists you need protecting from.

I would hope, as I've said on this board before, that people realize that the riots and violence you describe is not just a "leftist" issue but rather fringe groups from both ideologies that have significantly more in common than they might think.
                        Last edited by wsushox1; June 16, 2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Sure, it's the leftists you need protecting from...
                          It sure in the hell ain't white people.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

It sure in the hell ain't white people.
                            Wow.

Comment

Sure, it's the leftists you need protecting from...
                              Odd, until you posted this I never heard about a cop being killed in Oakland or Santa Cruz. And neither CNN or MSNBC has a single mention of it in their news search:

https://www.cnn.com/search?size=10&q...ficer%20killed

http://www.msnbc.com/search/santa%20...ficer%20killed

How many more cops have been slain that we haven't been told about?

I guess if a right-wing extremist kook did it, they'll start reporting it.

Comment

nm
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X