No announcement yet.

Iran General Soleimani assassinated in Baghdad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness, what a tremendous speech this morning by the President of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

It would appear the options are: (i) Trump actually intended to attack cultural sites, which is clearly illegal; or (ii) Trump never intended to do that and was just "trolling" Dems. I honestly don't know which is more sad, a president who would intentionally, illegally target cultural sites or a president who goes out of his way during moments of crisis to "troll" his political opponents. I do know the most sad fact is someone supporting such trolling as handling the situation "beautifully."

Dems are not "supporting" Iran as you claim. Dems are dumbfounded by Trump's actions. But in what world are Democrats the ones hoping for American casualties here? That's just asinine. As with most aspects of political discourse over the last few years, that's just an unbelievable attempt at entirely shutting down any discussion on the subject.

What did occur is an impeached president effectively declaring war without approval from (and without notifying) Congress. And that's considered handling the situation beautifully. Wow.
      I respect both your intelligence and your opinions, but you've severely missed the point here. The outcomes matter. And I've said "so far" as well. But we've eliminated TWO of the world's worst and most powerful death makers. No additional loss of American assets or life. Contrary to your comment and most of the media, we are NOT on the brink of war. The President didn't "effectively declare war" as you said. I know that's what you want to argue, but that's not the reality. And if it is, show me where you said the same thing when President Obama was droning the world.

Smart lawyers have said the President had every right to take out Soleimani. Lawyers can (and will) argue both sides. Common sense dictates what was done was great for America.

The closest thing to correct that you said was that Dems are dumbfounded. You are sort of half right. The Dems (and their partners, most of the media) tried to sell all out war and American casualties that were right there. Clearly our assets were way ahead of the game.

What difference does it make that he has been impeached? Does that limit his power? No. It's a political stunt. You're just bringing it up as a talking point.

And yes, he (so far) has handled it beautifully. As all of the media and the left braced for what they said would be a crazy man's retaliation, OUR President is in complete control.

Comment

It would appear the options are: (i) Trump actually intended to attack cultural sites, which is clearly illegal; or (ii) Trump never intended to do that and was just "trolling" Dems. I honestly don't know which is more sad, a president who would intentionally, illegally target cultural sites or a president who goes out of his way during moments of crisis to "troll" his political opponents. I do know the most sad fact is someone supporting such trolling as handling the situation "beautifully."

Dems are not "supporting" Iran as you claim. Dems are dumbfounded by Trump's actions. But in what world are Democrats the ones hoping for American casualties here? That's just asinine. As with most aspects of political discourse over the last few years, that's just an unbelievable attempt at entirely shutting down any discussion on the subject.

What did occur is an impeached president effectively declaring war without approval from (and without notifying) Congress. And that's considered handling the situation beautifully. Wow.
        Option (iii): Iran attacks its neighbors from defensive positions within cultural sites (not to mention hospitals and schools) and then claims victimhood if anyone try’s to attack back. It’s like when my 8 year old pisses off his 11 year old brother and then hides behind me so he can’t be “gotten back.”

Livin the dream

Comment

Could it be that a foreign general entered a country that he wasn’t at liberty to be in, and that as a foreign invader the POTUS used his already granted authority to use military force? Some argue that is the case.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Option (iv) Trump never intended to do that and was just letting Iran know that they should think real hard when planning their retaliation and a proportional strike will be coming if they get out of line.

Comment

Interesting take on the Iran sitution by Lee Smith:

Iran and America Are Suddenly Both Naked

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...nly-both-naked

Comment

Iran To Replace State-Run Television With MSNBC Broadcast

TEHRAN—In a bid to cut costs and save time, Iran has announced that its 24/7 state propaganda station will be replaced with an MSNBC broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Iran To Replace State-Run Television With MSNBC Broadcast

https://babylonbee.com/news/iranians...ganda-to-msnbc
                  In case anyone isn’t aware, Babylon bee is a parody site.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

In case anyone isn’t aware, Babylon bee is a parody site.
                    I assumed that was either well known or obvious.

Comment

This justifiable execution just shows yet another reason that Trump is now our President.

A lot of his voters objected to the prior administration's foreign policy concerning the Middle East. Chiefly among the voter's protestations was the disaster that was/is Libya, leading up to the subsequent assault of the American Embassy in '12. Remember how that was spun?

The very same people that concocted the "muhammed video" lie are the same people who compiled the "pee-tape dossier," and that is why they were voted out. That administration must have believed the American electorate was either deaf, dumb or blind... Oh, wait...

#It'sPathological

Comment

Looks like the Iranians brought down their own commercial airplane, as I suspected. A 3 year old 737-800 isn't being brought down by one engine fire. Speculation is that a Russian Tor anti aircraft missile was fired by Iranian defense. Reason 21345 not to give them money to buy things they can't handle. Command and control in the hands of complete idiots shooting down a commercial airline.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Looks like the Iranians brought down their own commercial airplane, as I suspected. A 3 year old 737-800 isn't being brought down by one engine fire. Speculation is that a Russian Tor anti aircraft missile was fired by Iranian defense. Reason 21345 not to give them money to buy things they can't handle. Command and control in the hands of complete idiots shooting down a commercial airline.
                          So, it was the Russians fault.....

Comment

Let's review, kids...….Benghazi, 2012....our embassy (that is American soil, boys and girls) gets attacked by terrorists. The defenders and embassy personnel beg their government for help. Obama and Hillary do NOTHING. Everybody dies. On Sunday, Obama sends his National Security advisor, Susan Rice, to do 5 (FIVE!) Sunday morning talk show (check that out, never been done before or since) to lie to the American public about why the camel-humpers were upset. Like as if we care
                            why. Then the Liar-in-Chief, the pompous one, holds a press conference and tell us all that those responsible will be "brought to justice". I knew at the time that he was lying and so did he. .........Fast forward to this New Year's.....we have an embassy attacked, and the President sends gunships and a host of American Marines. Couple days later, the mastermind of the attack is killed on orders from the POTUS. Y'all figure it out......
                            Last edited by Kung Wu; January 11, 2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              And now Iranians are protesting their own ruler. Taking out a terrorist appears to have positive unintended consequences ON TOP OF positive intended consequences.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

It seemed curious, a "little," that Iran warned of launched missiles 4 hours prior to launching.

What if America would have responded, and in that context, in the heat of a "crossfire hurricane," the Boeing 737 was downed? Who would the American media, at the least, have blamed?

Comment

Working...
                                X