No announcement yet.

Iran General Soleimani assassinated in Baghdad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotionally, I'd love it if we'd pull out of Iraq. I hate the thought of our men and women being in harm's way. Pragmatically, I don't see how we could possibly give up one of our most important geographical advantages so hastily.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Eye opening article... I can’t imagine being deployed. God be with them.
      'We're going to war, bro': Fort Bragg's 82nd Airborne deploys to the Middle East
      "Soldiers were ordered not to bring cellphones, portable video games or any other devices that could be used to communicate with friends and family back home, out of concern that details of their movements could leak out."

Last edited by Kung Wu; January 7, 2020, 04:21 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Iran launches missiles on al-Asad US airbase in Iraq. It's on.

Comment

Iran has just launched a ballistic missile attack on Iraqi airbase with U.S. troops. It not clear if this is a face-saving measure or a determined attack. It should be a good test if U.S. air defense is up to the task.

Comment

Also, Iran hit Erbil. Iran also going full bore on social media. Smells like a face-saving measure and not a determined attack.

Comment

Do we let them get it all out of their system or slaughter them tonight?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Early reports are indicating there are no confirmed US casualties from the attack.

Comment

It is being pointed out that the two targets Iran selected are actually smaller bases in Sunni and Kurd areas. Still feels like an Iran facing measure and not a determined attack.

Meanwhile, 50 killed, 300 injured during the Soleimani funeral from a stampede.

Comment

Reports seem to indicate all the missiles may have missed.

Comment

I think they missed on purpose to appease their own people.

Our response, we're choosing between whether you live or die tonight. We'll let you know.

Comment

I don't think Iran wants any.

They just want to propagate their population.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

They’ve been firing small missile attacks into Israel for years. It’s like when my 8 year old gets as close to his 11 year old brother and says “I’m not touching you”.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

So far, the President has handled this beautifully, including trolling the Dems with his cultural tweet.

Nikki Haley: The only ones mourning the loss of Soleimani are the Dem leaders. Not other middle east countries, not China, not Russia.

The meme "For my next trick watch me get the Dems to support Iran" is fantastic.

Iran better hope it was mechanical failure on that plane last night. But I can't find an engineer or expert anywhere that believes that's the most likely reason. I see they won't give up the black box. Not surprising.

The President trolled the Dems and made them look foolish and warned Iran about trying to hide assets near those sites at the same time. So far, 2 for 2. The left continues to warn and hope for American casualties. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                So far, the President has handled this beautifully, including trolling the Dems with his cultural tweet.
                                It would appear the options are: (i) Trump actually intended to attack cultural sites, which is clearly illegal; or (ii) Trump never intended to do that and was just "trolling" Dems. I honestly don't know which is more sad, a president who would intentionally, illegally target cultural sites or a president who goes out of his way during moments of crisis to "troll" his political opponents. I do know the most sad fact is someone supporting such trolling as handling the situation "beautifully."

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                The President trolled the Dems and made them look foolish and warned Iran about trying to hide assets near those sites at the same time. So far, 2 for 2. The left continues to warn and hope for American casualties. Very sad.
                                Dems are not "supporting" Iran as you claim. Dems are dumbfounded by Trump's actions. But in what world are Democrats the ones hoping for American casualties here? That's just asinine. As with most aspects of political discourse over the last few years, that's just an unbelievable attempt at entirely shutting down any discussion on the subject.

What did occur is an impeached president effectively declaring war without approval from (and without notifying) Congress. And that's considered handling the situation beautifully. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X