X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Awesome Sauce Malone;n1208116]
    Originally posted by wufan View Post

You’re creating a straw man because you have lost the plot. [/QUOTE

You might want to google or even Youtube what a Strawman is.
    That’s a straw man in and of itself. I call out your straw man and you claim that we should be arguing over whether or not I know what a straw man is.

The argument is that sometimes people compromise. You claim, you are a racist pro-slaver. That’s the first straw man. No one is arguing in favor of slavery, but you keep going back to it. Look! He’s racist!

Is it ever okay to compromise? Why or why not?
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Is compromising on gun control bad? Gender identity? Taxes? Healthcare? Abortion? Immigration? Should we understand that many people have principled arguments, or should we make half the country criminals?
      Surely you would admit that compromising on gun control is different from compromising on genocide. Taxes are different from slavery etc.

ASM has said from the start that "The disagreement comes in the fact that while there surely were people who were against slavery, they didn't care enough to abolish it from the get go." If you think the compromise was a necessary evil, then you agree with ASM's point about the disagreement. If you think the compromise was not a necessary evil, then this whole fight is absurd. Actually, to be clear, the fight is absurd either way.

Comment

[edited because I really dont need to explain myself

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Surely you would admit that compromising on gun control is different from compromising on genocide. Taxes are different from slavery etc.

ASM has said from the start that "The disagreement comes in the fact that while there surely were people who were against slavery, they didn't care enough to abolish it from the get go." If you think the compromise was a necessary evil, then you agree with ASM's point about the disagreement. If you think the compromise was not a necessary evil, then this whole fight is absurd. Actually, to be clear, the fight is absurd either way.
          Pretty absurd from the get go. Which is how these forums tend to go. Still not even sure how the article is involved in any of this or how Im involved with it.

I still had a productive day however. Which is nice. .

Comment

Yikes! Quite the kerfuffle happening in here. Why all the intensity? Perhaps it has something to do with the first post? The Traitor in Chief sending 1B+ to one of the most dangerous regimes in the world and it ending up exactly where every rational person on earth would expect it to?

B.O. - What a dud!

P.S. Can I have my 8 years back? And my bleeping healthcare insurance?

P.P.S. Donald J. Trump may be carrying out one of the most rational agendas in the history of America. Oh how it stings!!!

T

Comment

The biggest problem is people are assigning today's values to decisions that were made over 200 years ago. Back then, slavery, which existed far beyond the new US, might have been something to cave on. Today, it's not. Let's not ruin a new year arguing over this silliness.

That's the best I can come up with, a bottle of Champagne in my belly, praying for my two teenage boys that are out ringing in 2020. I hate being the parent of a 17 and 19 year- old on every amateur night. God, please don't let them do something stupid, and keep the drunk drivers away from them.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Last second tip try for post of the year looks good.

Comment

"It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but the people who wrote the Constitution did not understand that slavery was a bad thing."

- Some Democrat pining about a human crisis sponsored by Democrats that Republicans have long since resolved.

"It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but the people who reinterpret the Constitution do not understand that abortion is a bad thing."

- Some Republican pining about a human crisis sponsored by Democrats that Republicans are working to resolve.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Some folks are just not against slavery ENOUGH I guess

Comment

Speaking of iran, here's some good news:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z01N9

Our (yours, mine and everybody's) President is #DoingWork

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        The biggest problem is people are assigning today's values to decisions that were made over 200 years ago. Back then, slavery, which existed far beyond the new US, might have been something to cave on. Today, it's not. Let's not ruin a new year arguing over this silliness.
                        That was my position from the start but somehow "eDuCaTe YoUrSeLf" happened.

I still dont know how or why Im even in the conversation to begin with. I know the culprit wont give me a satisfying answer so I've moved on.

Anyways gotta run. Have a full plate today.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Last second tip try for post of the year looks good.
                          This one is hard to beat https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...13#post1207213

Considering your thoughts on the Liberal bastion that is "Wichita State University"

#BeBest

Comment

The President is in good company really.

Just like the old saying states; "the more haters you got the better it means you're doing." He's in fine company. To wit:

Comment

Working...
                            X