More issues in Portland this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Bravo to this man for standing up and having common sense and speaking his mind. Unfortunately, the idiot cancel culture cost him his seat, but I am sure he is glad he still has his dignity and he got to speak his mind.

State Representative John DeBerry Jr. evoked his family's history with the civil rights movement, contrasting the peaceful movement to today's violent riots.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Bravo to this man for standing up and having common sense and speaking his mind. Unfortunately, the idiot cancel culture cost him his seat, but I am sure he is glad he still has his dignity and he got to speak his mind.

State Representative John DeBerry Jr. evoked his family's history with the civil rights movement, contrasting the peaceful movement to today's violent riots.

If trump wants to wrap this election up make a commercial of this guys speech with this quote " The democrat party censured and removed his name from the ballot this November because he doesn't “exemplifying the basic Democratic principles of our party“.
      You can add me to list of people that didn't vote for trump in 2016 that will vote for him in 2020.

Comment

• Comment

• Now how can you restore peace to already peaceful protests?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Now how can you restore peace to already peaceful protests?
            Other camera angles of the peacefulness.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Yeah, they lit up one of their own. Not sure which is funnier...that, video 1, or video 2. My vote goes to video 1.

I hope everyone will notice that those awful police came over to see if he needed help and were quickly shooed away. I wonder if those nice protesters would have done the same?
              Last edited by ShockTalk; September 6, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yeah, they lit up one of their own. Not sure which is funnier...that, video 1, or video 2. My vote goes to video 1.

I hope every will notice that those awful police came over to see if he needed help and were quickly shooed away. I wonder if those nice protesters would have done the same?
                I agree. I thought video 1 was the funnier of the 2 although the video work in video 2 was better.. By shooed away do you mean the rioters were about to throw some burning shoes at them?
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 6, 2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• So how does nightly protesting affect the long-term economic growth of the city? Will companies move into Portland knowing that this is part of the city's cultural norm. Even if you are a very liberal company, would you risk doing business there, or opt for someplace else?
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    So how does nightly protesting affect the long-term economic growth of the city? Will companies move into Portland knowing that this is part of the city's cultural norm. Even if you are a very liberal company, would you risk doing business there, or opt for someplace else?
                    I love your optimism assuming that, long-term, companies will have the right to actually own and run their business as they see fit including where to locate.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Those are really good.

Give that Snowflake a schollie, cuz' he's the perfect illustration of "hittin' the glass like your hair is on fire!" Perpetual motion, eh? Better than any "Red on Roundball" instructional vid I'd say.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 6, 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I love your optimism assuming that, long-term, companies will have the right to actually own and run their business as they see fit including where to locate.
                        Yep.

But, after Trump wins, at least it'll be another 4 years before heavy regulations return, if then (meaning if they win in '24)...

The democrats might be done, and they seem to know it. Hence, the -ahem- 'scorched-earth' policy, which started with the frame-up of an incoming administration, all the way up to, you guessed it, white supremacy.
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 6, 2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

So how does nightly protesting affect the long-term economic growth of the city? Will companies move into Portland knowing that this is part of the city's cultural norm. Even if you are a very liberal company, would you risk doing business there, or opt for someplace else?
                          I'd be more concerned about existing companies leaving Portland.

I do think we may see an exodus of people and companies leaving the larger, more dangerous metro areas and moving into medium sized cities where this kind of stuff, and violent crime in general, is much less.

Comment

Bro, I'm definitely trying to launch my lib business there. I've had my fireworks dealer license application in for over 60 days now in Portland.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Definitely video #2. So funny!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Definitely video #2. So funny!
                                I would love to hear Bob Uecker on the call on this one. Just a little bit on fire!
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 6, 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X