Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-plan...230054227.html

Ford Plans to Lay Off 8,000 Workers to Help Finance Electric-Vehicle Initiative

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I recall posting this previously; worth posting again…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I recall posting this previously; worth posting again…

John Coleman was an absolute legend in San Diego. Known as the dancing weather man.

Comment

• OMG the ultimate burn:

Brian Stelter "I'm not a scientist so I'm not going to try and refute you."

John Coleman: "Boy, that's the truth."

I may not survive this laughing fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            OMG the ultimate burn:

Brian Stelter "I'm not a scientist so I'm not going to try and refute you."

John Coleman: "Boy, that's the truth."

I may not survive this laughing fit.
            Lol. Seriously. Stelter had no idea what he was in for and was completely owned.

Comment

• An interesting project to follow.

Berlin's Derelict Airport Undergoes Green Transformation to Become Futuristic Sustainable Neighborhood

With 580 acres of ex-airport real estate now available, the area is being dreamed of as a sustainable neighborhood of wide open green spaces, bike lanes, and affordable efficient housing.

After old Tegel Airport in Berlin was closed down in favor of a new, more modern one, workers started clearing the ground for the Schumacher Quartier, a project that has been brewing since 2017, and which seeks to address car pollution, housing shortages, and many other modern urban issues.

Schumacher Quartier will provide upwards of 5,000 homes for more than 10,000 people, together with the corresponding amenities such as schools, daycare centers, shopping facilities, and lots of greenery. A further 4,000 homes are planned for the neighboring districts.

The charter for the design incorporates the desires of housing for everyone, urban green space and public areas, an open educational landscape, climate-friendly and water-sensitive urban development, guaranteed environmentally-friendly mobility, and participation from the community members.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• WTF is up with Algore seemingly making a comeback? And he tried to compare "climate deniers" (I guess that's the left's phrase for science) to .....what exactly Algore?

Get on your ****ing private plane and GFY Algore.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  WTF is up with Algore seemingly making a comeback? And he tried to compare "climate deniers" (I guess that's the left's phrase for science) to .....what exactly Algore?

Get on your ****ing private plane and GFY Algore.
                  He's making a comeback? Is this their answer to replacing Bye-den?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's making a comeback? Is this their answer to replacing Bye-den?
                    I don't know if it's technically a comeback, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him forever, and I bet he was on half a dozen newscasts in the last few days. It can't be by accident. It COULD be to sell a new book or line his pocket with more government funded green scams he's got his hands in....but I don't honestly know.

Comment

• It’s hot out! That’s when Al breaks out his hockey stick and Nobel prize and reminds us all that the ice in the arctic disappeared in 2013.

The fact check saying he “misrepresented the study”:

News on release of the study backing up Algore:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Time to pivot to climate change.

Can't talk economy and covid has run out of gas.

Climate change in the summer is always the standby. Its like clockwork.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Time to pivot to climate change.

Can't talk economy and covid has run out of gas.

Climate change in the summer is always the standby. Its like clockwork.
                          Yeah and soon it will be time to pivot to required covid shots for all kids attending public schools.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I'm not sure how much sense this one makes, but it's someone trying something different and they acknowledge that they're not where they want to be in efficiencies and are working to improve. But, the process was intriguing so I'm sharing it. They claim it creates a carbon neutral jet fuel.

In a Groundbreaking Party Piece, Engineers Turn Water into Carbon-Neutral Jet Fuel Using Solar Radiation

It consists of 169 sun-tracking reflective panels that redirect and concentrate solar radiation into a solar reactor on top of a tower built at IMDEA Energy Institute in Madrid back in 2017.

The concentrated solar energy then drives oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction cycles in the solar reactor, in which a porous structure converts water and carbon dioxide injected into the reactor into syngas, which is made of hydrogen and carbon monoxide.

The syngas is then sent into a gas-to-liquid converter where it is finally processed into liquid hydrocarbon fuels that include kerosene and diesel.

The fuel will be even greener if the team can capture carbon dioxide from the air in the not-too-distant future and use it in the fuel.

“The amount of CO2 emitted during kerosene combustion in a jet engine equals that consumed during its production in the solar plant,” said Aldo Steinfeld, a professor from ETH Zurich and author of the paper. “That makes the fuel carbon neutral, especially if we use CO2 captured directly from the air as an ingredient, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.”

The solar-made kerosene, or jet fuel, is fully compatible with the existing way fuel is stored, distributed, and used in a plane’s engine. It can also be blended with fossil-derived kerosene, the team say.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• GREEN ENERGY

Comment

• Germany only has themselves to blame. A decade ago, about a quarter of their energy was nuclear. They decided to phase it out and that's down to around 10% today. Those reactors being online right now would sure go a long way to helping them with their energy issues.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X