Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    The question that always pops in my head when looking at any chart is "why/how did you determine your starting point for the data?" And what does it look like if we go back farther. To me, it always confuses me why we start 30 or 40. Why are we not looking at data from as far back as possible? The Earth is 4 billion years old. 30 years means nothing. We are standing on a place that was covered with a mile of ice just 10,000 or 20,000 years ago. There is no 'normal'. The climate always changes and we adapt or move.

If you want to make a difference, recycle, don't litter, keep your space as clean as you can. The climate will be fine. Don't be an idiot and let people who mean to rule you trick you or make you live in fear.
    For this graph, it was based on when satellite data became available. One thing to note is that this is based on the mid-troposphere. The surface level is different and the projections fairly consistently hit the absolute bottom of the error bars.

The biggest red flag is that every few years they go back 100 years and “recalibrate” the data. Certainly data calibration is needed as stations are commissioned and decommissioned and stations that began in the country end up in an urban hot spot. The concern is that the recalls ALWAYS push older temps down and newer temps up. Always!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Past performance is not a predictor of future performance. Take that Ultra MAGA!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• California, a national leader in the solar market, has no plan for safely recycling more than 1 million photovoltaic panels that will soon need to be discarded.

wind turbines are the same

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Past performance is not a predictor of future performance. Take that Ultra MAGA!
            Right.......... THIS TIME it's for real

Comment

Right.......... THIS TIME it's for real
              Now you’re getting it!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• More innovation.

Aquatic 'Superplants' Are Local Food for Cows That Lead to Lower Emissions

By reducing methane emissions from the bovine’s digestion, growing the plants on smaller lots than traditional feed, and using the farm’s manure to cover input costs, the aquatic feed offers protection to the invaluable beef industry from zealous politicians and activists who aren’t willing to wait for innovation to improve the carbon footprint of livestock.

Called Fyto, the startup boasts of a “library” of aquatic crop varieties that offer superior nutrition compared to other feeds like alfalfa.

Relatives of a common pond vegetation called duckweed are grown in installed greenhouses on the farm. In a pool of water, which they ironically consume in far less amounts than terrestrial crops, the duckweed can double in size every three days, which is among the fastest growing speeds for any crop for any purpose, expect for some species of bamboo.

The greenhouses’ speed and efficiency is believed to be able to support large herds of beef and dairy cattle on less land than herds from Brazil, where forest is cleared for soybean plantation to feed the cattle, generally need.
                It takes up less land. Grows fast. Produces fewer cow farts. Anecdotally tastes better based on cow observations.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I've never seen a cow eat duckweed, but perhaps they could be trained to do so,

Comment

I've never seen a cow eat duckweed, but perhaps they could be trained to do so,
                    It's delivered just like their alfalfa or whatever they're typically fed. And according to the article, their test subjects seemed to love it.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Duckweed would be awesome to use. That **** grows insanely fast on a pond and streams. Finally a use other than for glass carp.

Comment

• Looks like global warming ‘peaked’ in 1936.

”It’s so hot bums are holding signs that read, “Will work for shade.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Looks like global warming ‘peaked’ in 1936.

”It’s so hot bums are holding signs that read, “Will work for shade.”

NASA doesn’t count those mercury thermometers from the 30s.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• I dunno much about climate change, but I predict that 6 months from today, it's gonna be colder than hell.

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-plan...230054227.html

Ford Plans to Lay Off 8,000 Workers to Help Finance Electric-Vehicle Initiative

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-plan...230054227.html

Ford Plans to Lay Off 8,000 Workers to Help Finance Electric-Vehicle Initiative

I was told this transition to a greener climate would create jobs.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X