Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Bloomberg has tried to Protect the Citizen Consumer From Themselves for many years
    *Big Gulp Drinks
    *Cigarette packaging
    *People driving their own cars into Manhattan (his solution was to charge $8.00 per car charge to encourage subway riding
    *Sodium Levels
    *Trans fats sold

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mayor-mike...ry?id=18763014

Aren’t we fortunate to have a rich man taking away freedoms and mandating how we should live.
    LoL! Do you think we should be eating more trans fats? In the name of LIBERTYYYYYY perhaps?

Americans will move away from combustion engines. It's only a matter of time. I'll likely never buy one again.

Comment

• Foggy and gray today. Never was like that until Trump got elected

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

LoL! Do you think we should be eating more trans fats? In the name of LIBERTYYYYYY perhaps?

Americans will move away from combustion engines. It's only a matter of time. I'll likely never buy one again.
        Each one of the items I listed, raised prices on the products that were on the list or additional food items that consumers buy that weren’t on the list. I can read labels myself and stay away from sugary drinks, items with trans fats, and cars that use fossil fuels as long as prices and taxes don’t increase. You should ask friends to read them to you. I don’t mind fossil fuels withering away but Biden will stop fracking, etc. to put an early and expensive halt to cars. Californians, New Yorkers, etc. can allow their elected Dems and Rich people like Bloomberg to decide their fates. Leave us alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Each one of the items I listed, raised prices on the products that were on the list or additional food items that consumers buy that weren’t on the list. I can read labels myself and stay away from sugary drinks, items with trans fats, and cars that use fossil fuels as long as prices and taxes don’t increase. You should ask friends to read them to you. I don’t mind fossil fuels withering away but Biden will stop fracking, etc. to put an early and expensive halt to cars. Californians, New Yorkers, etc. can allow their elected Dems and Rich people like Bloomberg to decide their fates. Leave us alone.
          Trans fats should be illegal and pollution causes negative externalities that are not easily rebalanced. I'm okay with sugar being taxed just like tobacco. Plus, sugar likely has a greater overall negative impact. Sugar is too cheap in this country. And we are too fat.

Comment

• The problem is that we've been hearing this 'climate crisis' **** for decades. 20 more years, there will be no glaciers in glacier NP. Oops, 10 more years, nope 20 more.

'We have 10 more years to save the planet!!!' We can't wait..... All this doom and gloom is bullshit. 100%. Bullshit.

Lower pollution? Cleaner air and water? Hey, sign me up. What can we do? But stop feeding me this crap about the world ending and the only way to stop it is, wait for it, MORE GOVERNMENT and higher taxes!!!

Shocking!! Really? Gov can solve it with new sources of money?

Damn, why didn't we think of this sooner.

It's tiresome. Play on fears of death and doom. Every damn topic the dems push is based on fear. Now we have several generations who literally think the world is going to end in 10-15 years, and in 20 years they'll still believe it. Never question the people pushing it. And in 30 or 40 years, who knows what crisis will be next.

Hope CA starts building their power plants now because in 15 years, no one is driving anywhere, cause they won't be able to charge their cars.

BTW, if you have an electric car, but the power plant that supplies your electricity is coal, guess what. You have a coal powered car.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              The problem is that we've been hearing this 'climate crisis' **** for decades. 20 more years, there will be no glaciers in glacier NP. Oops, 10 more years, nope 20 more.

'We have 10 more years to save the planet!!!' We can't wait..... All this doom and gloom is bullshit. 100%. Bullshit.

Lower pollution? Cleaner air and water? Hey, sign me up. What can we do? But stop feeding me this crap about the world ending and the only way to stop it is, wait for it, MORE GOVERNMENT and higher taxes!!!

It's tiresome. Play on fears of death and doom. Every damn topic the dems push is based on fear. Now we have several generations who literally think the world is going to end in 10-15 years, and in 20 years they'll still believe it. Never question the people pushing it. And in 30 or 40 years, who knows what crisis will be next.

Hope CA starts building their power plants now because in 15 years, no one is driving anywhere, cause they won't be able to charge their cars.

BTW, if you have an electric car, but the power plant that supplies your electricity is coal, guess what. You have a coal powered car.
              Go with the statement in blue, it's CB-approved! That means it's a no-lose proposition.

Don't stick your neck out on global warming because you really don't the truth. Nobody knows the ultimate truth. We do know that pollution causes cancer, respiratory issues, birth defects, etc. etc. etc. There's nothing but win involving a strategy of cleaning up the earth. BUT, you want to tackle the issue intelligently. You don't promise to clean up the planet in 10 years killing half the jobs in the process.

Oh, and coal plants will be gone in a generation. Millennials are more than happy to pay extra when they get their electricity bill if they know it's from "clean" energy.

I hate wind farms btw. We need a solar breakthrough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                The problem is that we've been hearing this 'climate crisis' **** for decades. 20 more years, there will be no glaciers in glacier NP. Oops, 10 more years, nope 20 more.

We’ve passed dozens or hundreds of climate apocalypse dates now. This started over 100 years ago with overpopulation claims, and yet the market economy overcomes again and again.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Go with the statement in blue, it's CB-approved! That means it's a no-lose proposition.

Don't stick your neck out on global warming because you really don't the truth. Nobody knows the ultimate truth. We do know that pollution causes cancer, respiratory issues, birth defects, etc. etc. etc. There's nothing but win involving a strategy of cleaning up the earth. BUT, you want to tackle the issue intelligently. You don't promise to clean up the planet in 10 years killing half the jobs in the process.

Oh, and coal plants will be gone in a generation. Millennials are more than happy to pay extra when they get their electricity bill if they know it's from "clean" energy.

I hate wind farms btw. We need a solar breakthrough.
                  Nuclear is just as clean, far more reliable, safer, and could be cheaper.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Millennials are more than happy to pay extra when they get their electricity bill if they know it's from "clean" energy.

You mean millenials are more than happy for their parents to pay the electricity bill if they know ...
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Cold, the right-wing conservative, strikes again.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You mean millenials are more than happy for their parents to pay the electricity bill if they know ...
                        Millennials are in their 30s and 40s and driving the current housing boom.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

40s aren't Gen-Xers? I can't keep up with all the labels.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Why would a 40 year old (or even mid 30 year old) be considered a millennial? I think of millennials as being mid to late 20s, maybe early 30s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why would a 40 year old (or even mid 30 year old) be considered a millennial? I think of millennials as being mid to late 20s, maybe early 30s.
                              You're like Wooderson from Dazed and Confused, you keep getting older and they stay the same age:)

Oldest millenial is 40. Youngest is late 20s. My new employee is Gen Z.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X