• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Owns…
    A Democrat lied??? No wayyyy ....

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    These Ancient Chinese "Skywells" Are Taking Green Architecture to the Next Level by Learning from the Past

Architects and designers of eras past had to adapt to the planet’s challenges long before electricity, air conditioning, and heating were invented, and as modern humans try and find a way to reduce carbon emissions, the ancients have much to teach us.

In China, more and more modern buildings are being planned around antique design features known as “skywells” used in the country’s humid south at least since the Ming Dynasty of the 14th century.

A skywell is basically a square or rectangular courtyard in the middle of the floor plan on which one side is a stone wall. Overhead hang the classic dou gong, or beam and bracket eaves. This shades the ground and funnels rainwater into a central basin.

When the wind blows across the roof of a skywell house, it’s often colder, and therefore heavier, than the still air indoors. It’s funneled down, especially by the wall, into the interior which then pushes the warmer still air higher and out of the opening.

Even if the wind isn’t blowing though, openings such as skylights, chimneys, or smokestacks tend to create circulation. As warm air rises up through the skywell, it pulls air from the other rooms into it.
    Another cool, ancient design to help cool and regulate temps in buildings without extra energy use.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ah got it. I read initial post as leases _out_.
    Owns…

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    And here's a development out of Rice that is pretty cool and could really benefit a lot of different fields by bringing down prices in the process.

All Kinds of Trash is Turned into Valuable Graphene That Can Cut the Environmental Impact of Concrete by a Third

As coal is phased out as an energy source, which is already happening a number of places, there could still be use for coal mining as the coal that is mined could be transitioned into this process to create graphene. Sounds like most trash could also be used for this as well. Without the need to mine for graphene we could also reduce the impacts of mining while introducing more graphene to the market which will bring down prices in areas that utilize it.
    Coal plants are declining in the United States, but not around the world. Some countries are still building new coal plants. That's one of the reasons our energy prices are going up, but others are not paying more for their energy.

How China’s renewables boom is fuelling its coal expansion

The country’s futuristic renewables sector is shackled to antiquated market structures that mean green and fossil power often go hand in hand.

https://www.afr.com/world/asia/how-c...0230717-p5doq4

China is building six times more new coal plants than other countries, report finds

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/11604...ies-report-fin

Countries Worldwide Propose to Build 1,200 New Coal Plants

While the war on coal is working, reducing coal generation and consumption and associated carbon dioxide emissions here in the United States, many world economies are looking towards coal for future generation needs. China, India, Russia, and Germany, to name a few, are building coal-fired power plants. Worldwide coal plant construction grew 5.4% over the past year and now represents about 30% of installed capacity.

https://www.powermag.com/countries-w...w-coal-plants/
    Last edited by Shockm; July 17, 2023, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    And here's a development out of Rice that is pretty cool and could really benefit a lot of different fields by bringing down prices in the process.

All Kinds of Trash is Turned into Valuable Graphene That Can Cut the Environmental Impact of Concrete by a Third

Imagine if you could turn a material that costs $100 per ton into one that costs thousands of dollars per pound—it’s the kind of story attached to the fable of the Philosopher’s Stone.

At Rice University, a group of scientists started turning coal, an energy source of little value, into graphene, a raw material with dozens of applications in electronics. Then, the scientists realized they could use any carbon source, which for their experiments included dead cockroaches, coffee grounds, and girl scout cookies.

Graphene comes from a mineral called graphite, a carbon allotype, and one of only two forms of naturally-occurring carbon. It has metal-like properties and is valuable for use as a conductor in aerospace, medicine, and electronics.

The global demand for this material is predicted to top $1 billion at an average price of $67,000 per ton.

Using a technique they created called “flash graphene” the scientists were able to create high-value graphene flakes from a variety of raw materials by hooking them up to a pair of capacitors and electrodes that delivered a 3,000° Kelvin shock.
    As coal is phased out as an energy source, which is already happening a number of places, there could still be use for coal mining as the coal that is mined could be transitioned into this process to create graphene. Sounds like most trash could also be used for this as well. Without the need to mine for graphene we could also reduce the impacts of mining while introducing more graphene to the market which will bring down prices in areas that utilize it.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Here's a growing source of doing something better for the environment and saving people loads of money.

Lab-Grown Diamonds Booming as Newlyweds Opt for More Sustainable Option that is 85% Cheaper

Diamonds grown in a laboratory are becoming more and more popular as newlyweds opt for a more sustainable alternative to mined gems.

Some jewelers say interest has grown by more than 2,000 percent in five years, as people find out about the more affordable option.

Physically and chemically identical to their natural counterpart, lab-grown diamonds cost up to 85 percent less.

A new survey of 1,500 spouses and engaged couples found 70 percent would be willing to opt for a lab-grown alternative. Value for the money (55%) and sustainability (43%) are the top reasons they’d make the switch.

But 69 percent admitted they wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the two types of gems.

So the diamond retailer Queensmith put it to the test before the general public where passers-by were left surprised by the price difference, while struggling to tell the gems apart.

Situated in the historic Hatton Garden district of London, Queensmith revealed the market for lab-grown diamonds has increased by 2,860 percent in just five years.

In 2019, its lab-grown sales equated to just one percent of overall diamond sales, but this year, that figure has swelled to 81 percent of overall sales, with the jeweler on track to sell 1,900 lab-grown diamonds in 2023.

A spokesperson for the brand, which commissioned the poll, said 46 percent were not even aware lab diamonds even existed.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post

Leases
    Ah got it. I read initial post as leases _out_.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So you're saying he owns a fleet of them.
    Leases

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    BTW…John Kerry does not own a private jet. His wife owns a charter service and leases multiple jets for elitists to rent.
    So you're saying he owns a fleet of them.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    BTW…John Kerry-Heinz does not own a private jet. His wife owns a charter service and leases multiple jets for elitists to rent.
    FIFY

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    BTW…John Kerry does not own a private jet. His wife owns a charter service and leases multiple jets for elitists to rent.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

We need to use this logic to tell him to basically go Eff himself over anything he wants to make us do or don't do.

eg, since none of us personally own an airliner, there is no reason for us to stop flying.

I don't own any cows, so I can eat as much meat as I want.

I don't own a power company, so I can use as much power as I want.

I don't own an oil company, so I can buy and use as much gas as I want.
    John Kerry and Bill Gates are Global Elites who believe that they are richer, smarter, and more important than anyone else.

Bill Gates' defense of flying private echoes John Kerry excuse for jet-setting around world

'I am part of the solution,' Bill Gates said when asked about his use of gas-guzzling private jets

Bill Gates, the co-founder of tech giant Microsoft turned climate activist, echoed an argument previously used by Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry defending his use of a private jet. They also want to push the average citizen all to buy EV cars even though they have inflated the costs of automobiles to twice as much, and will make China have more power and influence over America because they own all of the minerals that are necessary to build the batteries that are needed for EV automobiles. We have some of these minerals in Alaska, but Kerry, Gates, and the Biden Administration are succumb to the Green Energy Elites that don't want us to mine for those minerals because of what it will do to the Alaskan environment.

Both Gates and Kerry, who frequently argue in favor of rapidly weaning the world off fossil fuels, have said gas-guzzling private jets are vital for them to successfully accomplish their goals. They also argued that any emissions they produce would be offset from either their use of clean energy in different areas of their lives or their green business ventures.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bil...g-around-world
    Last edited by Shockm; July 14, 2023, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    " I personally have never owned a private jet."

----------John Kerry
    We need to use this logic to tell him to basically go Eff himself over anything he wants to make us do or don't do.

eg, since none of us personally own an airliner, there is no reason for us to stop flying.

I don't own any cows, so I can eat as much meat as I want.

I don't own a power company, so I can use as much power as I want.

I don't own an oil company, so I can buy and use as much gas as I want.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

----------John Kerry
    1gv8g1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied

----------John Kerry