Anthropogenic Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I like how they blame the computers. The computers can only compute what they're told. The exagerations didn't come from their PCs.
    Yep. Their computer models were wrong because their assumptions were wrong.

Comment

• from Georgia Tech
      The twentieth century Northern Hemisphere mean surface temperature (NHT) is characterized by a multidecadal warming–cooling–warming pattern followed by a flat trend since about 2000 (recent warming hiatus). Here we demonstrate that the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) is implicated as a useful predictor of NHT multidecadal variability. Observational analysis shows that the NAO leads both the detrended NHT and oceanic Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO) by 15–20 years. Theoretical analysis illuminates that the NAO precedes NHT multidecadal variability through its delayed effect on the AMO due to the large thermal inertia associated with slow oceanic processes. A NAO-based linear model is therefore established to predict the NHT [Northern Hemisphere Temperature], which gives an excellent hindcast for NHT in 1971–2011 with the recent flat trend well predicted. NHT in 2012–2027 is predicted to fall slightly over the next decades, due to the recent NAO weakening that temporarily offsets the anthropogenically induced warming.

Comment

• Sharknado?
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Sharknado?
          Piranhanado in S. America

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            anthropogenically induced warming.
            They just can't help themselves, can they.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              They just can't help themselves, can they.
              NM.
              Last edited by wsushox1; October 13, 2013, 09:14 PM.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Sharknado trailer 2013.To learn more about film you can here - http://sh.st/wPT9CWhen a freak hurricane swamps Los Angeles, thousands of sharks terrorize the...
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Sharknado?
                  Really? That script somehow made it past storyboarding phase?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Really? That script somehow made it past storyboarding phase?
                    Yep. Based on a true story.

Comment

• LOL

If I saw 4,000 pound sharks raining out of the sky, I'd turn the grill on. Hopefully some lemon flavored hail stones would drop near 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        When I see any actual evidence that we're screwing up the planet I'll worry. So far, nothing.
                        Define screwing up the planet? If it is global warming, I will not argue. I think the big issue with global warming projections is the inability to identify de-amplifiers in the system. The system is large enough that when it starts to move too far one way there are natural contradicting activities to offset it.

I also think it is easy to see where we are screwing up the planet in many other ways. Travel the world and you will see it, I don't have to leave my backyard to find out the impacts of pollution on the water system beneath my house. The real question isn't whether we can or have the ability to screw up the planet, but what can be done to effectively mitigate problems a modern economy can create without over-regulating or costing society.

Comment

• More video evidence of global warming. This **** is getting serious.

Avalanche Sharks trailer . This movie is directed by Scott Wheeler with Keith Shaw, Kate Nauta Our review : http://www.cinealliance.fr/critique/avalanche-sha...

Comment

• That is HILARIOUS, if for no other reason than it's not fake.

Comment

• There are 3 or 4 reasons to watch that movie. And they are in the hot tub.

Comment

• Let me guess ... somehow this historic arctic freeze is somehow caused by global warming, due to having too much carbon dioxide in the air?

Comment

Working...
                                X