X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Care - Healthcare for All New York City Residents

Here is a link to the article announcing it: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...504046171.html

This will be very interesting to watch.

Key points:

1) It's for people that "can't afford" health care -- so not really health care for all.

2) It is not insurance.

3) Undocumented workers are included -- they estimate that number to be about 300,000.

Questions I have are:

1) Undocumented workers -- how do they know whether the undocumented worker is a resident?

2) Undocumented workers -- how do they know how many there are?

3) Are all undocumented workers eligible or just the "ones that can't afford it" like the New Yorkers that are "documented"?

4) How will they decide who can or cannot afford health care? (I assume this just results in a number being published?)

5) If it's not insurance, how does this work?

6) Will all doctors in NYC be compelled to take NYC Care patients?
    Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

Typical white privilege spin.

And I'm sorry, common sense isn't allowed when we talk about fairness, equality and government.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been a topic lately with L. Graham. Very encouraging (can't run from it)...

EFFTARD #1: Hey doodz... any ideas how we can make the most expensive place to live in the United States even moreso?

EFFTARD #2: Hold my beer and watch this.
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
    - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I'm sure it will work wonderously. New Yorkers are the smartest, selfless people on the planet.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

More data points rolling in:

Expected to serve 600,000 people, half of which are undocumented workers.

The budget is set for $100 million.

Currently NYC pays $8 billion to cover 1.1 million people in it's New York City Health + Hospitals program.

They are thinking instead of paying $7,272 per person, by getting them to use regular doctors instead of emergency rooms, it will only cost $170 per person (the equivalent of a single doctor visit in New York).
        Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear. The only problem with their strategy is, illegal Hispanics are tough SOB's and generally only visit the doctor when they are half-dead requiring critical medical care. This won't be as successful as they hope. It will help with the children's medical needs though. It's not uncommon for Wichita hospitals to see undocumented children for colds, earaches, etc.

If this is totally free it will serve to incentivize irresponsible behavior. They will essentially be reprogramming hard-working, proud, independent people to start adopting a welfare state mentality - African American Dilemma 2.0.

Why not create a giant group plan specifically for the entire illegal NYC population and allow them all to sign up at the start under open enrollment conditions. Premiums for the insurance will be on a sliding scale based on recent paycheck stubs not to exceed a certain amount. It will be a hospitalization policy with generous copays for preventative care; i.e, doctor visits, cancer and cardiovascular screenings, etc. There will also be a rider for children which will offer additional services for an additional premium.

If you sign up for this insurance you will have access to Tier 1 care with the doctor you choose for everything from broken bones to catchin' cancer. If you forego the insurance option, you get... ummm... I don't know... deported?

Such a great idea of mine... "insurance" and "risk pooling". I can't believe nobody has thought of it before..............*sigh*

T

I’m thinking that they are planning one doctor visit per person per year. That’s it.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Rationing, you say? Hmmmm. Not possible.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
          X