Uhhh.. Google is a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhhh.. Google is a problem

Google is in the spotlight after internal emails show conversations between employees highlighting a desire to manipulate search results on the heels of President Trump’s controversial travel ban in order to mute conservative viewpoints and push ways to combat the ban.

This is shocking! Watch the entire interview. Google needs to be broken up now. Google currently has the power to shape the entire world how they see fit (and they're attempting it). I don't think there's a safe way to regulate this company, it simply must be subdivided.

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/09/...ails-show.html

This is shocking! Watch the entire interview. Google needs to be broken up now. Google currently has the power to shape the entire world how they see fit (and they're attempting it). I don't think there's a safe way to regulate this company, it simply must be subdivided.

T

Saw this the other day. Extremely creepy. It’s like Jonestown cult creepy. I don’t know how anybody on the left can defend this. Google is the largest search engine, followed by YouTube which also owned by Google. Total stranglehold on the internet. A company with this kind of bias and groupthink that is able to create algorithms that in a way to sway outcomes and what people consume is a scary thing. Talk about an actual collusion that’s actually verifiable through their own words, rather than anonymous sources.
    Last edited by Walker; September 21, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Saw this the other day. Extremely creepy. It’s like Jonestown cult creepy. I don’t know how anybody on the left can defend this. Google is the largest search engine, followed by YouTube which also owned by Google. Total stranglehold on the internet. A company with this kind of bias and groupthink that is able to create algorithms that in a way to sway outcomes and what people consume is a scary thing. Talk about an actual collusion that’s actually verifiable through their own words, rather than anonymous sources.
      This may not be Deep State but it is certainly Deep **** for anyone with an opposing view to theirs.

The part of the interview that's really scary is the executive coming home from vacation to fire an employee that shared a somewhat "Conservative" opinion (in a private memo) on women in the workplace, yet all these folks talking publicly about how they were going to hatch their evil plan while laughing ghoulishly not only remain with the company, but they've likely been promoted by now.

T

Comment

Get out of here with your sensible talk of the government regulating businesses. You're starting to sound like a liberal.
        Last edited by Guest; September 21, 2018, 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to say the government should do something about Google but I stopped myself. See? That's how inane, freedom-killing thoughts are controlled. ;)

Google search functions not only represent free speech, they embody it. Government will make a mess if it tries to regulate, but it can break the monopoly apart. I just don't know how you break it apart without destroying it. Their entire business model is predicated on redirecting eyeballs to the highest bidder. Their primary function, if weaponized, could make the famous Iraqi Minister of Information look like a student of the First Amendment.

http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corv...c88a6b7cf4.jpg

I'd say one thing that needs to happen is Google search should be broken down into Google America and Google World. That way they can't be enlisting the help of the rest of the planet on domestic agendas.

It looks like they receive more revenue from outside the U.S. than they do inside. Cutting the beast into two parts would greatly reduce their financial influence and allow for the possibility of Fox News to create it's own successful search engine. kekekekeke I kid. :|

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; September 21, 2018, 03:37 PM.

Google is a much bigger threat to our democracy than any sitting president. The firing of James Damore was troubling, but the censored Chinese search-engine initiative is what got my attention. I have to admit that I am immersed in Chrome, Gmail, Google Drive, Android and Chromecast for my daily computing, communication and entertainment, but will be considering and rooting for non-Apple alternatives from here on out. Maybe it's time to go back to Microsoft.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          It's funny. I left Microsoft long ago because they were "The Great Evil". I use Chrome and Drive also. Microsoft now looks like Snow White in comparison. Bill's a Libtard no doubt, but he doesn't have the power of Google. Maybe it's time to "BING"?

Where's my Alta Vista??!!!! :*(

T

Google has been a problem for a lot longer than this. The data they have on you (and will share with whomever the please) should scare the holy living snot out of you.

DuckDuckGo is a decent search engine.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The public outcry on Facebook sharing their data with pols was a big deal, right? Google's data on you makes Facebook look like amateur hour.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Not to make a joke, but sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There’s times I just want to drop electronics and social media all together. It’s like pick your poison no matter where you go. Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook...they’ve all got their agenda with the power and money to enforce it. It looks as though the dystopian future isn’t so far out of reach with what these cats are doing.

I was listening the Rogan podcast the other day with Elon Musk lol...what a trip. I know it’s not quite related but he was talking about how we’re all essentially cyborgs and we don’t realize it. We’re constantly attached to our electronics. Social media is an extension of ourselves, our memories and so on. Then he got to talking about AI and the rate that it’s improving. Basically made it sound like humans will all be pets in a few years lol. Not that I buy that but it seems like technology is improving at a rate that it’s going to get past control before too long.

Skynet is almost live.

Comment

• Walker
                Walker commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol I hear ya. I know I’m sick of it but it’s almost fun seeing them double down on all of this bs and go into self destruct mode. Concocting a sexual assault story that supposedly took place 36 years ago to prevent Kavanaugh being confirmed, and the media can’t help but carry the water for Feinstein. I think things will ramp up even more before the midterms. The media will need another fake outage to push along with this...its been a while since we’ve heard from BLM or Antifa, so I’m sure some scheduled riots are around the corner.

• shockfan89_
                shockfan89_ commented
                Editing a comment
                And now the hilarious part, the anonymous story about Rosenstein breaks and Schumer is now saying you must not use an unsubstantiated news story to justify firing a Deputy AG. Wait WHAT? Haven't the dems but spouting for the past week how one anonymous story (from 36 years ago) should be enough to prevent a SCOTUS nominee?

You can't make this crap up people. Does he really think anyone is going to take him seriously? Pick one cryin Chuck. You can't have it both ways!!!

• Walker
                Walker commented
                Editing a comment
                Lmao yeah they never enjoy tasting the medicine they administer. I’m sure they all loved Harry Reid’s filibuster rule that prevented the GOP from blocking Obama’s nominees but now hate it because it forces them to fabricate this stuff. Their hypocrisy is amazing.

Not sure what to do about google. They offer a FREE service. They do it better than anyone. I hate regulations. I want a competitor not based in California.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Duckduckgo.com

Comment

Google's upper management is forcing employees to delete a confidential memo detailing a censored search engine the company is planning to launch in China, reports The Inwoutercept.

Why it matters: Google employees have had internal protests over the search engine, codenamed Dragonfly, given the engine would enable the company to censor and track Chinese citizens.

The details: The search engine requires users to log in to use its search features and tracks user's locations. It shares user's history with a Chinese partner. All searches would be connected to a personal phone number and user movements, along with the IP address of the device they used, would be recorded.

Driving the news: The memo was released earlier this month, but Google personnel is emailing employees who they believe have saved copies of the memo with an order to immediately delete it.
                  • The emails are being tracked with "pixel trackers" notifying human resources managers when the messages have been read.

A lot of us use the term Fake News. Our liberal friends may think we are trolling or just simply deplorable. I posted the story above as a representation of what Real News looks like as most of us have likely forgotten. It is fact-filled with ZERO slant or added personal commentary.

Now that we have that out of the way...

Did anybody just read this? We have an American company, designing software for a murdering Communist regime, according to their exacting, freedom-robbing, specifications............

W
                  T
                  F

?

Imagine if the suddenly patriotic Democrat party got a hold of information like this? Oh wait...

All I've heard since DJT was elected is that this will be the end of the Republic. Here we have a Democratic activist organization actually helping our #1 adversary to facilitate the oppression of over a billion people...

You simply can't make this stuff up.

T

Comment

I’ve wondered how long it would take people to come to the realization of the danger that google presents. At this point they have more power to “regulate” a business or even an entire industry than the government does. Now google is actively using “anonymous” chrome data in their search result algorithms. The monopoly is much more real and troublesome than micro$oft’s in the 90s yet no one seems to care. I’m all for open markets and limited regulation, but when someone has positioned themselves to completely stifle any potential competition (just like m$) then drastic measures should be considered.

I guess their slogan “Don’t be evil” is supposed to make us feel better about the power they have to potentially be evil. Palpatine comes to mind.
                    Last edited by shoxtop; September 22, 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

‘The Creepy Line’ Takes On Google And Facebook’s Power To Manipulate Elections

The film’s title comes from an infamous utterance of Eric Schmitt, the former CEO of Google, during a panel discussion on privacy, during which he smugly stated the following: “There’s what I call the ‘creepy line,’ and the Google policy about a lot of these things is to get right up to the creepy line but not cross it.” It’s not exactly a reassuring statement, especially since the only thing Schmitt went on to mention that would obviously cross this “creepy line” would be “implanting things in your brain,” a seemingly high bar, at least as Schmitt noted, “until the technology gets better.”

Comment

A design lead at Google has slammed Republicans in an angry Twitter rant over the nomination of now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

A design lead at Google has slammed Republicans in an angry Twitter rant over the nomination of now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“You are finished, @GOP. You polished the final nail for your own coffins. F--K. YOU. ALL. TO. HELL,” wrote Dave Hogue Saturday, in the now-deleted tweet.
                        Google still Googling itself into a corner. Let's see how long this guy lasts at the firm...

T

Comment

Working...
                        X