No announcement yet.

Arena Designs - Which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much more money it would have cost to add 5,000 more seats. I don't have a problem with the 15,000 especially how much crap the arena is getting in the paper and online.

Comment

We're lucky people in this town voted for it. Usually there is public outrage whenever the city/county spends 184 cents, let alone 184 million bucks. Beggars can't be choosers, guys. 15,000 seats in a new state of the art arena is better than 10,500 at the crappy Coliseum.
      Sloane: What are we going to do?
      Ferris: The question isn't "what are we going to do," the question is "what aren't we going to do?"

Comment

Except that 15k may not get us an NCAA tourny game.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I remember reading a topic when the downtown arena was first discussed on this board that said that the NCAA was not going to change the minimum until at least 2010. Of course I could be wrong or maybe it was on the old Shockernet.

Comment

Originally posted by kawwsu77
            I remember reading a topic when the downtown arena was first discussed on this board that said that the NCAA was not going to change the minimum until at least 2010. Of course I could be wrong or maybe it was on the old Shockernet.
            Well, the arena wont be finished till late 2008 or 2009, so if it's a 15,000 maximum non-expandable capacity, that might give us only 1 or 2 years to get a regional.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Not to mention that even if the we are within the official limit, bigger arenas will have an advantage on bidding. More seats=more money for the NCAA.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Exactly
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                  Not to mention that even if the we are within the official limit, bigger arenas will have an advantage on bidding. More seats=more money for the NCAA.
                  The NCAA regional selection committee has not discriminated against smaller arenas in the past. If you look at the historically awarded locations there are many "smaller" arenas sprinkled in there. I am fairly confident we will get a regional as long as they don't raise the minimums above 15k. If they'll award a regional at the Cow Palace, they'll award one anywhere...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                  X