No announcement yet.

Where are the trick or treater's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know actual numbers, but I'd guess we had well over 300 kids.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
      Halloween has to be one of the strangest of the world's holidays. It's the only one that both Satanist and Christians alike celebrate.

No one came to my house. Maybe it's because I didn't have any jack-o-lanterns or something that looked like ghosts or goblins on my porch or in my yard. Or, maybe it's because I left my porch light off so they would know I don't celebrate Halloween.

I'm sure Christians rationalize why it's okay to celebrate it.
      You seriously went there? :roll:

I can tell why no one would wanna come to your place.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
        I don't know actual numbers, but I'd guess we had well over 300 kids.
        College Hill resident?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When I first moved to this neighborhood (early '80's) everybody had treats and we had maybe 100 kids at every house every year. Then it started slowing down and more and more houses have gone dark every year.

(We were getting A LOT of obviously non-neighborhood kids).

The last several years there have only been a few kids out. This year I had my porch light off and checked once to see what was going on. The street was filled with kids and cars and there were virtually no houses with lights on. There are only two houses within a block where any kids live. One group of kids is a little old and the other group just moved in, so there's not much kid activity here to get neighbors in the spirit of the occasion.

With so few kids in the area, and so many of them in the street last night, they're obviously being imported from other neighborhoods, and that display of greed has never struck me as something that should be rewarded.

I used to dress up, decorate, and really get into the spirit. then I just had too many times that some greedy teens got to be obnoxious with their demands for "more", so I stopped all that.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

87 in a sleepy bedroom community north of KC.

Comment

Halloween was always one of my favorite celebrations. Now I'm more into Dia de Los Muertos. For about the last 20 years in Tucson we have the All Souls Procession, our way of celebrating Dia de Los Muertos. When I started participating over 10 years ago the Procession had about 5 thousand people. By last year it had grown to about 25,000. The main idea is honoring and paying homage to those you know that have died. You write the names of those you know who have passed away and put it in a urn at the front of the procession. At the end the urn is burned as it raised into the sky by a crane. If you have a chance go to the site and look at the pictures.

Comment

Working...
              X